CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Who is the red figure in the sandman set?

Also Sandman isn't as good as I thought he'd be and the rhino fig is pretty bare and uninteresting.

How much is that Juniors set?

Never mind, it's £30

Edited by Rinzler

That Antman set is spectacular! Carnage set looks amazing too. Sandman set itself isn't that bad, but Rhino is still a disappointment to me. Green Goblin doesn't look that bad but I wish he mirrored the design from the game. Also no satchel :/

That Antman set is spectacular! Carnage set looks amazing too. Sandman set itself isn't that bad, but Rhino is still a disappointment to me. Green Goblin doesn't look that bad but I wish he mirrored the design from the game. Also no satchel :/

Where are the Carnage / Sandman pics?

Where are the Carnage / Sandman pics?

Scarlilian posted a link to a gallery a page back. They're farther down the page than antman

The Carnage set looks great, especially for the rumoured £13 price point. Seems too good to be true. Miles Morales' hands are bright red and stand out a bit, easily fixed though.

The Ant Man set is definitely carried by it's minifigures, which all look superb. The ant is a bit meh, and the oversized Lego bricks are a novelty I guess- I wonder if they appear in the film? Will probably be worth it just for the excellent minifigures though.

I'm not sure about the Sandman/Rhino set either. I'm not sure what CapnRex101 thought was so good about the Rhino mech, is seems fairly average to me, probably need better pictures though. Iron Spider looks good and the leg printing on Spiderman is nice, but Sandman is essentially just his normal self on top of a strange tan brick tower. I'm not sure what the purpose of the large black plate in the middle is either, some sort of play feature I imagine. So yeah, a bit of a strange set.

Green Goblin is tad cartoonish, but it's way better than nothing.

They've mised up the helmets in the Ant Man set, the sliver one should be on scott who rides the ant and the black should be on hank. I'm liking what i'm seeing so far!

So are they only going to show off the Spidey and Ant-Man sets or are they giving us Avengers fans something too?

I don't think so far that we've seen enough photos for me too truly judge but so far the iron spider look like the biggest let down, a bit too under detailed for me.

Also no ant man micro figure?

The Carnage set looks great, especially for the rumoured £13 price point. Seems too good to be true. Miles Morales' hands are bright red and stand out a bit, easily fixed though.

The Ant Man set is definitely carried by it's minifigures, which all look superb. The ant is a bit meh, and the oversized Lego bricks are a novelty I guess- I wonder if they appear in the film? Will probably be worth it just for the excellent minifigures though.

I'm not sure about the Sandman/Rhino set either. I'm not sure what CapnRex101 thought was so good about the Rhino mech, is seems fairly average to me, probably need better pictures though. Iron Spider looks good and the leg printing on Spiderman is nice, but Sandman is essentially just his normal self on top of a strange tan brick tower. I'm not sure what the purpose of the large black plate in the middle is either, some sort of play feature I imagine. So yeah, a bit of a strange set.

Green Goblin is tad cartoonish, but it's way better than nothing.

Agree with most of these points. Drooling over those Ant-Man figs. and the Carnage set looks like a must.

Sandman and Rhino are huge disappointments for me. I'm glad I have my stand alone MOC versions of those figs. Green Goblin is a bit cartoonish, but I love it.

Hmm, well I'm blown away by 76037 for sure.......so cool. :grin:

Since I only have one city set to buy mid-year........those two Spiderman sets might join my others in my SH collection ! :grin:

They've mised up the helmets in the Ant Man set, the sliver one should be on scott who rides the ant and the black should be on hank. I'm liking what i'm seeing so far!

The silver helmet is on Scott. The display model shows Hank riding the ant, though the box art shows Scott. You can tell by the lighter red on Scott's suit.

The oversized Lego bricks are just made from regular Lego pieces so there's no new moulds there but I think they look good.

All the Antman figures look great and I think the giant insect looks fine.

The choice of adding a yellow figure to a licensed set seems really odd to me although maybe that's their new thing with civilians. Green Goblin actually looks really good and I'll just add a 10p brown satchel to a Bricklink order the next time I make one.

Iron Spider looks really good with those extended arms so it's nice to see some Spidey variants without going to expensive Pad Print customisers. Interested to see if the regular Spidey has any difference to the torso now that he's been given boot mould.

Interesting range of Spidey sets we're getting. I love the Carnage set (Miles Morales!) and that Green Goblin minifig is awesome, I'm not stunned by the Rhino/Sandman set though. Glad we got mecha-Rhino of sorts as I much prefer him as a mech than a big guy in a grey suit (Blasphemy for a big Spider-Man fan I know, but hey!) but the set itself is a bit bare. I'll still pick it up along with the others though because my wallet's completely at Lego's mercy when it comes to Marvel Superheroes sets :P

I don't think so far that we've seen enough photos for me too truly judge but so far the iron spider look like the biggest let down, a bit too under detailed for me.

Also no ant man micro figure?

Yeah, Iron Spider has single-colour printing, which is bizarre given how Lego is almost over-detailing it's figures these days. Could be a prototype though.

No Ant-Man micro figure is a curious omission, I guess technically the figures in the set are already in miniaturised form, hence the giant ant and Lego bricks, but you'd have thought they'd put one in anyway.

Yeah, Iron Spider has single-colour printing, which is bizarre given how Lego is almost over-detailing it's figures these days. Could be a prototype though.

No Ant-Man micro figure is a curious omission, I guess technically the figures in the set are already in miniaturised form, hence the giant ant and Lego bricks, but you'd have thought they'd put one in anyway.

I think some of the decals on the summer figs are unfinished though. Scott Lang's printing definitely looks incomplete and if you look at the close up picture of him and Yellowjacket there looks like slight fraying round the edges of the latter's print. This seems to indicate to me some minifigures have placeholder decals.

Yeah, printing clearly isn't done. Same way when we first saw Avengers minifigs back in 2011, they just had stickers on them.