CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

I've always been on the fence about whether to pick it up. It definitely won't be something I rush out to buy but might be something further down the line .

Hmm... I'm in two minds. On the one hand, it is a decent size, about 70 studs long by my rough count which is nearly two feet... On the other hand, despite that, it does look a bit more puny than I was expecting, especially for a (supposed) £300 set.

Like others I'll wait to judge until I see proper photos and get the minifigure line up if there is one...

Looks as I expected it would, wouldn't be surprised if there were only one or two minifigs, if that.

Didn't someone mention 9am E.S.T.? Wouldn't that make it 2pm UK time?

Well it looks like they've done both minifigures and microfigures.

5 minifigures it is then... But aren't 2 of those regular figures from the AOU sets? And Cap is just a replacement head and hair?

Hill looks OK though... even if it is just a new torso print... I like the SHIELD logo on her right arm. I must say that Nick Fury doesn't look as good as I thought he would.

The Coulson mob will riot tonight.

For such a large and apparently expensive set it looks like it may be a pass for me... unless there's a pretty big reduction somewhere along the line.

Edited by Robianco

Super excited about Helicarrier news!

Also, talk of poly bags reminded me that a friend mentioned to me he'd heard a vague hint that Lego might do a Marvel (and I would imagine DC) collectible minifig line. That would be awesome, but I imagine if there was any credibility to the rumor, I would have heard about it here. Maybe it was wishful thinking.

Anybody hear anything similar? Any idea if the license would allow it? I know Lego can't produce standalone star wars figures right?

I'd love a CMF Marvel line.

EDIT:

Helicarrier minifigs do nothing for me. Disappointing. Definitely won't be picking it up.

I mean, three repeats from Age of Ultron, and only two new ones? No thanks. And no, I don't count a different head as a different minifig - Cap's hair colour's wrong anyway!

Edited by LMB10

Now that's UCS ! :grin:

I believe Nick Fury would approve of it ! :grin:

Man, those are very detailed microfigs too ! :grin:

My issue is that the minifigs....yeah.....a long way off the original Lego Hawkeye, Black Widow, etc., unless it's a tie into the second movie ?

Thought they would of at least threw in Agent Coulson with the UCS Hellicarrier. I'll probably still get it because the ship does look pretty good imo.

Edited by mjs5610

I have to admit, it looks better than the picture on the calendar. But I like my Avengers 1 Quinjet more as a display piece than this. I wonder how much Hill is going to cost on BL.

It's a must-have for the lego Marvel collector though... I think my money will go to the Kwik-E Mart.

Edited by Cammo

Thoughts.

Figures;

The main figures are nice. Good way to get Hawkeye and Black Widow in one set, MCU Version of Nick Fury is cool. Would have preferred Agent Coulson to Maria Hill.

Not a fan of the excessive amount of micro figures.

Build;

The amount of mini vehicles seems unnecessary. Three quinjets, three smaller quinjets and three random vehicles. The Helicarrier itself appears to be a merge between the 2012 and 2014 versions, noticeable from the jets rather than blades.

Overall;

Probably going to be a purchase though when depends entirely on how cheaply i can get it... for 2,996 pieces i dont think its worth it for $349.99.

Somehow they should have tried to cover the studs better.

The microfigures i like.

Would have preferred coulson to the 3 minifigs one will get with the other 2015 sets...

I think everyone had the image of the Ideas submission in their head... this huge beast... with hopes of 17 minifigures to populate it.

To me, that was never going to happen. The build was always going to be much smaller and the minifig count was always going to be around the 5-6 mark.

The set is everything we've had any kind of teaser about... it's the SSD for Marvel... although with the addition of printed microfigs.

Maria Hill uses the Wonder Woman head but I wondered if the Cap A head is unique to this figure or can anyone recognise it from a previous release?

Edited by Robianco

I think everyone had the image of the Ideas submission in their head... this huge beast... with hopes of 17 minifigures to populate it.

To me, that was never going to happen. The build was always going to be much smaller and the minifig count was always going to be around the 5-6 mark.

The set is everything we've had any kind of teaser about... it's the SSD for Marvel... although with the addition of printed microfigs.

Exactly. Even hoping for a mini-fig scale interior was wishful thinking.

I'm pretty happy with it. I'll definitely pick it up when I've got a spare £300 to drop on it. I do somewhat agree about being disappointed about the repeats, I'd have swapped Hawkeye and BW for a male SHIELD agent and an Agent Coulson, but then again the former might be filled by the Carnage set if the SHIELD agent in that is movie-inspired and the latter is easy enough to make convincingly from existing parts.

I'll probably display the microfigs separately thinking about it too.

Well, what was everyone expecting ?

Lego must please Disney......though I'm wondering why still no Coulson.....he's even in USM, etc., so why not ?

Could he be too expensive to pay royalties to ? :laugh:

So I think a poll is needed.......who is going to or not going to buy plus also did Lego hit or miss the target on the Helicarrier ?

Eeeeesh. I have mixed feelings. Sure it looks cool, but I'm not too keen on the microfigs. I think the rest of the Avengers and Coulson AND some SHIELD agents would've been better. We haven't seen much of the inside so we'll have to wait and see. I'm still waiting for LEGO to use the Graduate gown as a trenchcoat. I don't know.

I'll probably pick it up anyway.

these trophy figures seem to me like an ant man like that is inevitable. :grin:

Also, talk of poly bags reminded me that a friend mentioned to me he'd heard a vague hint that Lego might do a Marvel (and I would imagine DC) collectible minifig line. That would be awesome, but I imagine if there was any credibility to the rumor, I would have heard about it here. Maybe it was wishful thinking.

Anybody hear anything similar? Any idea if the license would allow it? I know Lego can't produce standalone star wars figures right?

That would be awesome, so long as we get a bunch of new characters that we otherwise wouldn't get and not a bunch of rehashed characters in (pointless) variants.

these trophy figures seem to me like an ant man like that is inevitable. :grin:

Yeah... the printing on those really has to be a sign that we're getting an Antman micro/trophy figure.