CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Not sure about Rhino there. But they are just prelims, so who knows. Was expecting a little more to the Sandman set.

Edited by LMB10

Not sure about Rhino there. But they are just prelims, so who knows. Was expecting a little more to the Sandman set.

Yeah, I hope we get a rhino figure that looks like a rhino, otherwise I would be extremely disappointed

So, prelim thoughts;

The Carnage set is good, seems to include Nova (?) piloting the vehicle. Will definitely be getting this.

The Rhino and Sandman set on the other hand looks mediocre, other than the Rhino mech which as guessed is more based on the Ultimate Spiderman series than TASM2, essentially combining the two as their appears to be a figure that represents the character as portrayed in TASM2, yet the Rhino suit seems more Ultimate based. Will probably pick-up Sandman, Iron Spider and Rhino's figure representation but the set itself seems a pass.

OH... and i expect Yellowjacket to use a similar arm piece for his set as Iron Spider has.

It is a shame that the Avengers Tower isn't bigger, so I think I'll buy two and make one big one. :grin: Edit: Is there any news on the Helicarrier or not?

You could probably add another layer via getting a duplicate i suppose, but in truth it needs about 5 layers to really be a good representation of the Tower (Even if it would still not be in scale)

As for the Helicarrier, check page 163 for my comment, its rather long so wont repost ><

I decided to waste my friday night and make a full list of all of the figures that have been leaked, but not released yet this year. I count close to 80. I have all of the Marvel, DC, Collectible etc. Let me know if i missed any.

No offence intended, but that is a terrible layout;

Only 65 or so are not duplicates

Out of these 65, 37 or so were officially revealed

Out of these remaining 28, about 16 do not show the full figures

As such thats about 12 full figures that were leaked which pretty much consists of the series 14 figures and the DC Trickster.

Edited by Scarilian

I'm not a fan of that Rhino; but he did seem to get rave reviews from those at the Toyfairs. He may look better in person like the Sentinel does--but for me it's really just the slope used for the horn that looks strange--I've never seen that used on a brick-built Rhino before--most people use actually horn pieces.

Rhino aside, the sets look great. I'm interested in Sandman--he seems to have one of those newish Chima ice traps under him; maybe it'll be colored tan for a sand affect. The Carnage set looks spectacular--easily an instant buy.

Wow the Carnage sets looks pretty good given it looks like it will be a $13 dollar set. Rhino mech looks like the size of a big-fig but with more articulation, but sadly the minifig looks like its just a bald guy in the suit :hmpf_bad: Guess I was expecting more out of the set without really having any expectations to begin with. But the Iron-Spider does look pretty legit. Hopefully the final product is a bit better.

The Rhino/Sandman set seems to be more fixated on play features like the Daily Bugle, and because of that it doesn't look that good. Maybe the play features will be nice? And who is that seemingly frozen guy? EDIT: Oh, it's Sandman.

I like the build of the Carnage set, and prelim Miles looks pretty cool! Definitely will be getting this one.

Edited by TheLegoExperience

I really love all the sets! I really want to see the Rhino minifigure though!

Oh and I love how we have pictures of these sets that are coming out in June and not the Helicarrier thats coming out in a few weeks!

Edited by MODOCTORDOOM

Hate to break it to you, but that's nothing new. We've seen that way before now, and if TLG hasn't started from then to now, I highly doubt they'll bother.

What are you talking about? Those legs are clearly made with two different color plastics, which has never been done before.

OH... and i expect Yellowjacket to use a similar arm piece for his set as Iron Spider has.

Hadn't thought of that, that would make sense. That's probably why we're seeing Iron Spider this year.

Edited by LMB10

From the toy fair accounts, I had expected more from the Rhino build - tough from this one pic to say much though - honestly having trouble parsing out the various parts of that set - will reserve judgment until we see it better. I also envisioned a bigger sand hand, but I guess the editability is the beauty of lego

Wow, the Sandman set looks awful in those prelims... As does that hideous jet thing in the Carnage set. But I suppose it's just about the extraordinary minifigs in this wave. And I'm sure they'll look better in actual pictures...

What are you talking about? Those legs are clearly made with two different color plastics, which has never been done before.

Bart simpson.

Still looking forward to the Carnage and Iron Spider sets.

It is the first time they're being used on full size Lego legs however, I believe. Bart had the shorter legs that are more suited to the colour split.

Bart simpson.

Still looking forward to the Carnage and Iron Spider sets.

But those were short legs, these are full length legs.

It is the first time they're being used on full size Lego legs however, I believe. Bart had the shorter legs that are more suited to the colour split.

^

Yes, exactly. Don't worry if you can't see them, it took me a while. If you look at the werewolf's legs (this is where I first noticed it and I think its most evident here) you can see where the grey-printing on the blue part of the legs stops and the non printed grey part begins by the slight color change.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. That's certainly exciting news, but makes me sad even more for Scarlet Witch and all the messed up figures. I was accustomed to the lack of side leg printing on the licensed figures (although I have never understood why they don't go the same route as with the CMF where it's now perfectly normal), but after seeing those amazing Scooby Doo figures with superb leg printing and new hair moulds and one day later discovering this revolutionary technique being used soon, I'm really, really disappointed. :sceptic:

Carnage set looks really nice based on the prelims, but I'm not sure on the Sandman set. Iron Spider looks like he could be good, but I don't get where the positive reviews on Rhino came from. Might just BL the figures. :sceptic: