CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

So... Just how crazy would it be to get a Fantastic Four comic set...? Sure, Disney/Marvel don't really want to market for Fox or whoever has FF...

But they've made two X-Men sets, one of which clearly coinciding with a Fox movie. And we're supposed to get 2 more sets this summer that we don't know anything about, right?

Plus Johnny is black in the new movie. If they made a set based on the comics he wouldn't be. There's only so far that would go towards assisting the movie with marketing, amiright?

So, I mean... There's hope... right? There's gotta be...

Sorry, I just watched the older movie again tonight :laugh: While it may not have been perfect, it made me realize how badly I want Lego to make them :grin:

The FF movies suck, and the new movie looks like it'll be even worse - however, I'm a big FF fan and I'd LOVE a comic based set! Just imagine a wacky set with the complete FF, the Fantasticar, and some cool villain we haven't got yet like Annihilus or the Super Skrull.. :wub:

Those hoping for 7+ figures and a playset-type build are going to be dissapointed.

I'm pretty certain it'll just be a display model with 3 / 4 minifigs

My thoughts exactly.

Having a named character in peril for every set is actually a bit contrived, and a random yet unique civilian makes it more believable. It's not always Commissioner Gordon or Lois Lane in danger.

Every set? It's rare we actually get a civilian of any kind at all, named or not. So far we have J. Jonah Jameson, Pepper Potts, Mary Jane and a driver. Three named characters and one unnamed character. The DC side of the franchise isn't much better, in fact it's worse because we have almost as many unnamed civilians as we do named. For me having named characters is about building their world and it's hard to do that when we get so few side characters.

Huh? All we will have is Doc Ock and Sandman. We would still need Vulture, Kraven, Mysterio, and 616 Electro.

Did we get an official Sandman?

Did we get an official Sandman?

Yeah summer Spidey's sets will feature

A set with Carnage

And a set with Sandman and Rhino

Yeah summer Spidey's sets will feature

A set with Carnage

And a set with Sandman and Rhino

Oh wow, I must have missed that update. Sweet!

I feel the Carnage set could be pretty much identical to the Venom set. Instead of fury, coulson. Instead of the green flying car have "Lola". Instead of Venom, Carnage. And instead of "Spider-Cycle" have a little build for Carnage.

I'm really excited to finally get a complete Sinister Six. I wonder if we're going to get a White Tiger to finish off the Spideyvengers or whatever they call themselves. Don't really watch the show, just collect the sets.

We have Doc Ock, Sandman, Rhino, Electro, and Goblin if you count those members as the Sinister Six. Not the originals, but the Ultimate versions. In the comics, the Sinister Six only had 5 guys since Gobby wanted Spidey as the final member, so, yep. We have our Ultimate Six, with Sandman replacing Vulture, of course.

Edited by mattdev25

We have Doc Ock, Sandman, Rhino, Electro, and Goblin if you count those members as the Sinister Six. Not the originals, but the Ultimate versions. In the comics, the Sinister Six only had 5 guys since Gobby wanted Spidey as the final member, so, yep. We have our Ultimate Six, with Sandman replacing Vulture, of course.

Yeah. I guess I miscounted the villans we have. But there has been alternate versions of the team.

Oh, by the way, for those getting the AoU sets, do not use the Super Jumpers! They damage a minifigure's legs when they are attached to it or removed. Until LEGO addresses the issue, this little PSA still stands. Unlike the minifigs who have been used on the Jumpers. :classic:

Oh, by the way, for those getting the AoU sets, do not use the Super Jumpers! They damage a minifigure's legs when they are attached to it or removed. Until LEGO addresses the issue, this little PSA still stands. Unlike the minifigs who have been used on the Jumpers. :classic:

What exactly does it do to the minifigs? I heard about it, but not the effect it has! :tongue:

The plastic around the bottom leg holes and feet holes becomes warped, and cracked legs have been reported. Major design failure.

So... Just how crazy would it be to get a Fantastic Four comic set...? Sure, Disney/Marvel don't really want to market for Fox or whoever has FF...

But they've made two X-Men sets, one of which clearly coinciding with a Fox movie. And we're supposed to get 2 more sets this summer that we don't know anything about, right?

Plus Johnny is black in the new movie. If they made a set based on the comics he wouldn't be. There's only so far that would go towards assisting the movie with marketing, amiright?

So, I mean... There's hope... right? There's gotta be...

Sorry, I just watched the older movie again tonight :laugh: While it may not have been perfect, it made me realize how badly I want Lego to make them :grin:

X-Men sets are generic comic sets. If they ever release a set for FF, that would be the same way. I don't think even that is going to happen though.

The plastic around the bottom leg holes and feet holes becomes warped, and cracked legs have been reported. Major design failure.

Thanks! that's good to know, knowing me i'd try it out a few times :grin:

This stupid FF embargo is annoying. The irony is that everyone would prefer what Marvel is holding back, and everyone is annoyed with it. They license out to too many studios, and this is what happens.

I reported the super jumper issue to LEGO just now, let's see if they answer anything. That is a massive failure for a new and in nearly every Super Heroes themed advertised piece.

This stupid FF embargo is annoying. The irony is that everyone would prefer what Marvel is holding back, and everyone is annoyed with it. They license out to too many studios, and this is what happens.

Well, how could you blame them? It was the 80s and they were hard out for cash. They've spent the last couple of years trying to get them all back now that they're drowning in cash. This embargo is a plea to Fox to sell them back the rights.

X-Men sets are generic comic sets. If they ever release a set for FF, that would be the same way. I don't think even that is going to happen though.

Oh, I know they'd be comic versions. Absolutely okay by me. And I know it's probably just wishful thinking... But it's still a thought...

Licensed. That was way before they could afford to make their own multi-million dollar franchise out of the MCU. They want the licenses back as much as us fans, if not more (considering how much they could make off those licenses.)

Is there any chance you could put a transparent 1x2 flat plate on the super jumper and then attach the figures to that

Nope, you would need to stack 1x1 plates, due to the insert that fits between the legs. And after trying, that doesn't work either. Stud pieces work, though, it it's better that way since it launches the fig off of the stand.

Edited by 8BrickMario