CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Sad to see Cap doesn't have side-head printing like I initially though :sceptic: maybe one day...

Edited by Spider-Man

Ultron just looks incredible in the comic and I'm sure that the figure looks EVEN BETTER! It's a shame though I wanted to see close ups of QuickSilver, Scarlett Witch and Vision but hey at least we got to see the other Avengers right!!!

I don't really like Cap's head. Rest of the minifigs are great improvements to the previous ones (except Thor, lol)

They have made some changes with Thor: new expressions in a smirk and different grimace, they've finally dumped the grey for his arms and Mjolnir andgone with the chrome effect like with nebula's arms and the orb. So that's three significant chages, yes he is without leg printing or an 100 percent accurate hair-piece but the face and general look of the figure is almost identical to the version that appears in that film. I mean leg printing wise it seems he's wearing the same as thor 2 but this time in this movie he isn't wearing black on his torso or legs it appears to be a dark blue like this lego version, also the armour being mostly silver with the circles on his armour being that colour is accurate too as in this movie unlike Thor 2 the round engraved circles and the clasps that support his cape are silver whereas they were bronze/goldish in thor 2.

With cap the lack of leg printing although annoying is a minimal concern as it appears other than brown boots and maybe kneecaps his legs are simply dark blue trousers similar to his usual look. I agree a smile on cap is a bit generic but maybe in the second set his head is different? As the exclusive strucker set also includes cap and lego are no strangers to making new head prints for expressions and including different ones in each set.

Awesome comic! Kinda dark though, but I love it :devil: And is Mjolnir really the chrome color too? I wish they would just print brown on the handle. Even some of the collectable minifig accessories are more detailed than it :sceptic:

But you included Ultron, and he will be in 2 other sets.

Technically he is Ultimate Ultron who is exclusive... though i suppose its up for debate. Though considering he's new for the year, that might count towards it also.

Edited by Scarilian

Awesome comic! Kinda dark though, but I love it :devil: And is Mjolnir really the chrome color too? I wish they would just print brown on the handle. Even some of the collectable minifig accessories are more detailed than it :sceptic:

Yes its clear from the set pictures we've already had and the image there that Thor's arms and hammer have righly been updated to the chrome effect silver. This makes sense as nebula, the orb, the hobbit armoured figures of 2014 and other examples are chrome rather than grey. It also most likely means Ultron will be entirely of that colour and effect, from what I can garner from the catalogue pics of the sets. Its a step in the right direction I say, thor's hammer looks a metallic silver in the films so grey just looks odd, nice that they are improving their accuracy. I mean compared to the original avengers wave, this and guardians as the most accurate movie waves design wise that we have ever had in marvel. I mean the IM3 and Avengers wave were passable minfigure wise but there were a lot of anomalies such as widow's hair and face and hawkeye plus loki's face being a generic bruce Wayne. Guardians was literally movie accurate figure and set wise in every way. All the sets we have seen, appear in the trailers so far for AOU so that's looking promising too. Shame about Scarlet witch having the generic female hair rather than the mermaid style hair from POTC but maybe they only had art where her hair was wavier. Other than that every figure here looks very accurate to the movie and every set seems to be a specific scene in the movie. I'd wager though that the forest chase and hydra break in are part of the same succession of scenes as their settings look similar.

Edited by legofreak86

Yes its clear from the set pictures we've already had and the image there that Thor's arms and hammer have righly been updated to the chrome effect silver. This makes sense as nebula, the orb, the hobbit armoured figures of 2014 and other examples are chrome rather than grey. It also most likely means Ultron will be entirely of that colour and effect, from what I can garner from the catalogue pics of the sets. Its a step in the right direction I say, thor's hammer looks a metallic silver in the films so grey just looks odd, nice that they are improving their accuracy. I mean compared to the original avengers wave, this and guardians as the most accurate movie waves design wise that we have ever had in marvel. I mean the IM3 and Avengers wave were passable minfigure wise but there were a lot of anomalies such as widow's hair and face and hawkeye plus loki's face being a generic bruce Wayne. Guardians was literally movie accurate figure and set wise in every way. All the sets we have seen, appear in the trailers so far for AOU so that's looking promising too. Shame about Scarlet witch having the generic female hair rather than the mermaid style hair from POTC but maybe they only had art where her hair was wavier. Other than that every figure here looks very accurate to the movie and every set seems to be a specific scene in the movie. I'd wager though that the forest chase and hydra break in are part of the same succession of scenes as their settings look similar.

Quicksilver shouldn't have Aquaman's hair, it's never like that in the film. He should have had either Black Widow's new hair in white, or Luke Skywalker's hair in white.

Edit: I also spoke to a Lego Store Employee today and he said that the Ant-Man sets are supposed to be based off of the movie, not that crappy show.

Edited by mattdev25

I also spoke to a Lego Store Employee today and he said that the Ant-Man sets are supposed to be based off of the movie, not that crappy show.

Let's hope that's it.

Shame about Scarlet witch having the generic female hair rather than the mermaid style hair from POTC but maybe they only had art where her hair was wavier.

Yeah, as a whole, the figs are pretty accurate and are a definite improvement over the first movies. Scarlet Witch really is a disappointment to me though...her hair is just lame and also the trans blue slicer things should be pink. Quicksilver could be worse, although I'm almost certainly replacing his hairpiece with draco malfoy's in white. Leg printing would've been nice, but not entirely necessary.

Have any of you seen the awful thick capes that some of the DC heroes were given this wave? You don't think Vision will get a cape of that consistency, do you? I would cry.

Have any of you seen the awful thick capes that some of the DC heroes were given this wave? You don't think Vision will get a cape of that consistency, do you? I would cry.

I'm afraid that style of cape will be used for vision and Thor. That thick cape might be used in superheroes for a long time.

I'm afraid that style of cape will be used for vision and Thor. That thick cape might be used in superheroes for a long time.

Oh no....the thought...it's...it's..(Mermaid Man voice) EVIIIIIIIIILL!!!

I don't think it is chrome and I completely agree with you. Especially since this is second appearance they should have really fixed his hair and his hammer and they were able to fix Hulk, Hawkeye, and Black Widows Edited by elederberg

Very excited - the new team looks very good, and are definitely an improvement on the 2012 Avengers lineup. I think LEGO have learnt their lessons, and are slowly but surely turning this into the Super Heroes line that we want! :grin:

Really hope the Helicarrier has an accessible interior - an actual dropping Loki's cell would be epic to see, and that control bridge would be awesome too. Anyone reckon they'll add an exploding feature for when the rotor get's damaged? We really need somebody to go into a LEGO Store and find out if it will be Minifig scale. :classic:

Getting a closer look at some of next year's minifigs I'm a little disappointed in Ultron the headpiece is great, but he lacks that menacing look.

Very excited - the new team looks very good, and are definitely an improvement on the 2012 Avengers lineup. I think LEGO have learnt their lessons, and are slowly but surely turning this into the Super Heroes line that we want! :grin:

Really hope the Helicarrier has an accessible interior - an actual dropping Loki's cell would be epic to see, and that control bridge would be awesome too. Anyone reckon they'll add an exploding feature for when the rotor get's damaged? We really need somebody to go into a LEGO Store and find out if it will be Minifig scale. :classic:

I asked, the answer was: What is a Hellicarier? :snicker:

Probably better to ask that in USA

Getting a closer look at some of next year's minifigs I'm a little disappointed in Ultron the headpiece is great, but he lacks that menacing look.

I think he looks pretty menacing :classic:

Also i checked the Club code, Thor. it says it's under construction to be released soon.

It's another part of the comic wich probably features QS and SW

Edited by kevkipo

Quicksilver shouldn't have Aquaman's hair, it's never like that in the film. He should have had either Black Widow's new hair in white, or Luke Skywalker's hair in white.

Edit: I also spoke to a Lego Store Employee today and he said that the Ant-Man sets are supposed to be based off of the movie, not that crappy show.

Thank goodness, i couldn't manage 10 minutes of that show before i missed the animation and voice cast of EMH. Good to hear the film will get sets.

Oh no....the thought...it's...it's..(Mermaid Man voice) EVIIIIIIIIILL!!!

Well the star wars line and other lines other than DC appear to be continuing with the old style capes. Those capes would look rubbish on thor,they are too textured to match the comics and films, they look to artificial and modern, thor's cape is smoother and thinner like the old style capes in the film. I don't see if they wanted flexible capes why they didn't just go with galadriel's material, that looks nice and works perfectly.

Edited by legofreak86

I asked, the answer was: What is a Hellicarier? :snicker:

Probably better to ask that in USA

I think he looks pretty menacing :classic:

Also i checked the Club code, Thor. it says it's under construction to be released soon.

It's another part of the comic wich probably features QS and SW

Really? I asked before and an employee told me we were getting Stark Tower, the Quinjet and a Helicarrier a month ago, but said he didn't know anymore. I feel bad - by the time I shared it, someone else already had. I just didn't wanna get the employee in trouble. :tongue: Ack, I guess all employees are interested in differing licenses! :classic:

Really? I asked before and an employee told me we were getting Stark Tower, the Quinjet and a Helicarrier a month ago, but said he didn't know anymore. I feel bad - by the time I shared it, someone else already had. I just didn't wanna get the employee in trouble. :tongue: Ack, I guess all employees are interested in differing licenses! :classic:

Yeah, but i bet you live in USA or UK, could call again tommorow but we'll see

Edited by kevkipo

Yeah, but i bet you live in USA or UK, could call again tommorow but we'll see

Fair point - I'm in the UK. I imagine it's harder to find Lego Stores in Middle Earth! :wink::classic:

Fair point - I'm in the UK. I imagine it's harder to find Lego Stores in Middle Earth! :wink::classic:

Haha, it quite is :snicker: , I bet Erebor has some toy shops.

No but it's not hard to find a store where i live, one just opened like half an hour from me. It's just the fact that there are a lot of dumb people around here who don't even try to speak English :hmpf_bad: , So words like Avengers, Hellicarier, Quinjet, they don't understand. you gotta ask the right person :grin:

Sorry to go a bit back, but to the price point again: Milano and the new Quinjet are exactly the same price in Germany (79,99 €)!

£59.99 in the UK right?

Indeed, in the UK its apparently £59.99, got the piece count via the same source so the pricing is likely correct.