CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Sorry to burst your bubbles but Civil War in MCU will be NOTHING like comic version of civil war. Cap and Iron Man is not going to try and kill each other. It is just the name "Civil War" they use.

Stoked on the Winter Soldier fig!

I know it's off topic but if we look at by the time Civil War comes out, the following 'good' characters will be in play in the MCU (excluding all the Spidey speculation). Ones we have or are getting figs for are in bold.

Iron Man

Captain America

Black Widow

Thor

Hulk

Hawkeye

Falcon

Iron Patriot

Quicksilver

Scarlet Witch

The Vision

Ant Man

Mockingbird

Sif

Daisy Johnson

Daredevil

Stick

**Possibly in time - Jessica Jones, T'Chaka/T'Challa (AoU cameo?)

I haven't included GoTG because I can't see them getting to Earth before GoTG2 if ever.

The Helicarrier is not the Ideas one. It hasn't even entered review yet. (Yes, it has the requisite 10,000 votes, but it's in the crop of projects that don't begin the review stage until January.)

Sorry to burst your bubbles but Civil War in MCU will be NOTHING like comic version of civil war. Cap and Iron Man is not going to try and kill each other. It is just the name "Civil War" they use.

It has been officially confirmed by Marvel that Iron man will be the "villain" in civil war, clips from AOU heavily foreshadow a split between the superhuman community, and Cap is going to form a new Avengers team (likely the Secret Avengers) which seems, to me, to be a response to whatever causes the civil war. In light of the evidence above, it seems likely that the movie will follow a similar structure to the comic while having a fresh, unique plot.

Sorry but the fact that Iron Man is killing the Cap is the breaking point in the comics. Provided that it won't be included in the movie and we have Infitinity War coming right after, I don't think superheroes will be fighting in two groups against each other. That "civil war" issue will be solved and cap and tony will be buddies in the end.

Though I wouldn't mind if they decided to kill off Cap and start a real civil war plot. But they can't do it on cinema, 'murrica audience will not be pleased.

Sorry but the fact that Iron Man is killing the Cap is the breaking point in the comics. Provided that it won't be included in the movie and we have Infitinity War coming right after, I don't think superheroes will be fighting in two groups against each other. That "civil war" issue will be solved and cap and tony will be buddies in the end.

Though I wouldn't mind if they decided to kill off Cap and start a real civil war plot. But they can't do it on cinema, 'murrica audience will not be pleased.

Judging by the rumors I have heard, the Civil War storyline will continue into several of the phase 3 Marvel films, which means Cap could die, the war continues, and Cap is revived (like Coulson) in time for the Infinity War, which would reunite the avengers. They have killed major characters before and I wouldn't be surprised if Cap died. It's just not worth your energy to say the movie isn't a "real" civil war storyline just because they change a couple things, AOU's plot is nothing like the comic but it still looks like a great film.

I know it's off topic but if we look at by the time Civil War comes out, the following 'good' characters will be in play in the MCU (excluding all the Spidey speculation). Ones we have or are getting figs for are in bold.

Iron Man

Captain America

Black Widow

Thor

Hulk

Hawkeye

Falcon

Iron Patriot

Quicksilver

Scarlet Witch

The Vision

Ant Man

Mockingbird

Sif

Daisy Johnson

Daredevil

Stick

**Possibly in time - Jessica Jones, T'Chaka/T'Challa (AoU cameo?)

Black Panther is confirmed to be in Civil War, isn't he?

Also, what major players from the Civil War comics is the MCU missing?

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

Eh... is this still a Lego forum?

Yes, :grin:

We are talking about potential Characters and Set scenes to come

Yes, :grin:

We are talking about potential Characters and Set scenes to come

Yeah but this forum is a 2015 rumor, not 2016!

Edited by namioik

Yeah but this forum is a 2015 rumor, not 2016!

Right, soo back to topic: Thor has a new face print doesn't he?

Would it be a horrible thing to have topics for Marvel/DC 2016-and-Beyond discussion...? Because I'm obviously not the only one who would enjoy being able to discuss the future of the films and how they pertain to Legos beyond Age of Ultron and Ant-Man.

This thread would be a loooot less active if CM got stricter about us talking on stuff like that. So I guess the question is, for those of you who want to keep it to 2015, are you going to have anything left to talk about? Aside from pure speculation, I mean. Because I'm perfectly okay with taking this discussion elsewhere. (I know CM's said before there's a thread to discuss the movies, but I mean as regarding Legos specifically still.)

Would it be a horrible thing to have topics for Marvel/DC 2016-and-Beyond discussion...? Because I'm obviously not the only one who would enjoy being able to discuss the future of the films and how they pertain to Legos beyond Age of Ultron and Ant-Man.

There is a thread for that, right here.

The Helicarrier is not the Ideas one. It hasn't even entered review yet. (Yes, it has the requisite 10,000 votes, but it's in the crop of projects that don't begin the review stage until January.)

If i am correct it reached the required amount a while ago and has been in the review stage since September 8th, when they announce the sets at the unvieling in Janaury it will have been worked on for several months prior.

Chances are high it is the Ideas UCS Helicarrier and that it'll be officially unvieled in January for a March release, i doubt Lego would work on a UCS Helicarrier set and then not claim it to be the Lego Ideas set that got popular at the same time.

There is a thread for that, right here.

Not quite what I meant... That topic has more capability to get spammed, e.g. "Anything Green Lantern!" being the entirety of a post. I mean a topic like this but unrestricted to 2015...

I don't want to drag this on here, sorry. CM can either reply here or PM me or start a topic or whatever he decides. I was just posing it as a suggestion to help those bothered by our discussion without us losing the good thing that we have here.

Hey Guys! I don't know how many of you know of the quiz website 'Sporcle', but it's great fun and it's addictive. Either way, you can make your own quizzes and I decided to make one that I thought you guys would enjoy, so here's a link to: Can you name all the Lego Marvel Minifigures that have been released?

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Zezzl/lego-marvel-minifigures

Let me know what you guys think and whether there's any errors, I made a DC one too if anyone's interested :)

Hey Guys! I don't know how many of you know of the quiz website 'Sporcle', but it's great fun and it's addictive. Either way, you can make your own quizzes and I decided to make one that I thought you guys would enjoy, so here's a link to: Can you name all the Lego Marvel Minifigures that have been released?

http://www.sporcle.c...vel-minifigures

Let me know what you guys think and whether there's any errors, I made a DC one too if anyone's interested :)

53/64

Couldn't get the exact names of the henchman/goons/nameless good guys, plus I just couldn't think of the 2012 exclusives.

Edited by TheLegoExperience

Really? Who?

With the exception of every main Villian in every Marvel Movie ever (except Loki), they

Killed Coulson (revived in Shield)

Killed Pepper (Saved by Extremis Formula)

Killed Bucky (got revived by Nazi's)

Killed The Galaga Guys Galaga game (Took an Arrow to the hard drive)

Killed Thor's Mom (And she Stayed Dead!)

Killed Groot (And Rocket replanted him)

So basically no Hero has died yet...

Important characters in comics are never dead forever.

*cough* Uncle Ben *cough*

Also, can anyone with the first Thor figure confirm he's different from the new one? Because I don't see any differences.

If i am correct it reached the required amount a while ago and has been in the review stage since September 8th, when they announce the sets at the unvieling in Janaury it will have been worked on for several months prior.

Chances are high it is the Ideas UCS Helicarrier and that it'll be officially unvieled in January for a March release, i doubt Lego would work on a UCS Helicarrier set and then not claim it to be the Lego Ideas set that got popular at the same time.

Nope. Just go to the Ideas website and look at the "In Review" section. Helicarrier isn't in it because it didn't reach 10k votes until after the deadline for the current review period had passed, so it doesn't even enter review until the next period. The one on Ideas wasn't even posted until May of this year, and I can guarantee the official LEGO version has been in development much longer than that. Several Ideas projects (Sandcrawler and Tumbler most notably) have been rejected because they were similar to projects already in development, which just goes to show what a terrible idea it is to base proposals on IPs that TLG is already working with, and every single time, people with no conception of how the development process works whine that TLG "stole" the idea.

*cough* Uncle Ben *cough*

Also, can anyone with the first Thor figure confirm he's different from the new one? Because I don't see any differences.

Yes, it has more artwork

Yeah, he's got a darker, rugged beard(like the recent Ben kenobi fig) and new expression a large cocky smile and a slightly different expression for anger.

The torso is very different in print, that's obvious and he has metallic arms.