CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Keep in mind that these USC sets stay out for much longer than normal sets. Just look at the Death Star, its been out for six years. So anyone who "must have" this set will have plenty of time to save up for it if they really want it. Just because you don't get it this year, doesn't mean that you will never get it (unless you never try to save up for it).

^^To be honest LEGO is quite good now at pumping a cool sets every year so our desires fall to other sets which make us forget about the other sets we previously wanted. Which also results in a very long wishlist :/

^^^ this is why I have abandoned the star wars theme (and all others outside Marvel) I try not to even look at what's coming out in other themes... Way too much to want!

While a USC Helicarrier will most likely be great there's a lot of other Marvel vehicles I would rather see. Something like a UCS Milano would be well above the Helicarrier for me. Anyway I'm guessing it will include quite a few MCU Haracters we haven't seen yet, like Falcon, Banner, Coulson, Hill, Winter Soldier, Rodgers and Fury.

If the hellicarrier is going to be like the tumbler, then don't expect a lot of minifigures. I'd say the most minifigures we will get is four. Nick fury, agent Coulson, don't know about Maria hill, and black widow.

Yeah, Minifigure wise I'd expect Nick Fury and maybe Coulson.

Unless they want to tie it into Cap 2. Then we could get a Winter Soldier minifigure and Cap in either his stealth suit or the WW2 one!

Has anyone else noticed that before we got the UCS Tumbler that a Lego Tumbler set got 10,000 supporters on Lego Ideas and that before we heard word of the Helicarrier, a Helicarrier set also got 10,000 supporters on Lego Ideas. Do you guys think that there is a correlation between the two? Or is it just a coincidence?

If the hellicarrier is going to be like the tumbler, then don't expect a lot of minifigures. I'd say the most minifigures we will get is four. Nick fury, agent Coulson, don't know about Maria hill, and black widow.

The thing is, it's not. There's a reason the Tumbler and some of the Star Wars exclusives have only come with a few 'figs as opposed to the Death Star, Ewok Village, and Sandcrawler's larger amount, and that's because they weren't playsets. The Tumbler scale is a model- not 'fig sized at all. the SSD sets are all relatively bare on the inside- not much going on, because they weren't really featured in the movies at all.

Those three exceptions, though, are playsets. The Death Star was a big part of two movies, and has all of the various scenes represented because of it. The Ewok Village and Sandcrawler are both fairly iconic, and have lots of playfeatures easily integratable.

If I'm going to pay $350 for the flying aircraft carrier that's featured heavily in two Marvel movies, inside and out, it better dang well have an interior and 'figs to go with it. I think they'll be able to find some play features for it :laugh:

But really; Command Deck with a couple rows of computers for SHIELD agents? Play area. Lab area with a window for Hulk to smash through? Play feature. Hulk-cage that drops Thor out? Play feature area. Little airplanes and potentially turrets on the deck? Plaaaaayable.

And I'd be perfectly okay with even just those four areas, where there should also be room for a cargo bay of some sort (Hulk vs. Thor), a little greebly/pipe-y area with maybe a catwalk (Black Widow vs. Hulk or Hawkeye), and maybe even say a little room with Cap's suit and a storage area for Hydra-based weapons. Not to mention the whole under-side dome from Winter Soldier.

WHAT IF IT COMES WITH THE OPTION TO MAKE IT WINTER SOLDIER-HELICARRIER? *oh2* Like, you can add the dome and walkway from Winter Soldier, and the turrets would be super easy to make detachable... :drool:

The scale in the leaked still from the private detectives office makes me think that it will have no play features. I imagine a high piece count using plates to create the landing details on deck. Other than that, I seriously doubt we will get anything more than a Coulson, fury and hill fig.

I'm severely disappointed in both this kit and the tumbler released this year and I know I for one will most likely pick up knock off figs rather than pay 400 bucks for two horribly out of scale abominations that won't look good next to any other models in the line.

It all depends on how it looks and number of figures..sometimes they don't give us what we want, but the sets still sell well. I really like Orthanc, but they barely have us anything in terms of figures.

As far as coincidence of ideas sets, totally. It takes lego a lot longer to design and plan sets than it would have taken them to get wind of an ideas set hitting 10k. There is a whole inevitable discovery component. I don't see why people bother doing sets from active licenses..

I totally agree. I had to defend my position when I once said that a Tumbler was a lazy entry into Cuusoo. I sill think it is and always will be... However well designed it is and to whatever scale its a lazy 'Idea' to submit to Lego Ideas. How can a vehicle that's been released by Lego in several scales and different colours be considered a unique enough 'idea'?

The purpose may be to give Lego a nudge that there is demand for such things but don't be surprised if any such submissions never makes it past review stage.

To have a Helicarrier have rooms to house a bigfig Hulk and to have any kind of length and width to it so it didn't look ridiculously out of shape it would have to be huge... And that image of the tiny quinjet at the end of the runway doesn't lean towards that kind of playset.

I also think the Tumbler is a fantastic kit even if it's not minifig scale... SW has had several sets including the X Wing Red Five that are of different scale to system sets. It may just be the start of the SH line getting these kind of sets that are more display than play... The Hellicarrier way well be Marvel's first... And if so I'm leaning to it being 2-4 minifigs as token sweeteners that can stand on the bridge (closer to the SSD) rather than it being a fig-fest like some are hoping.

To have a Helicarrier have rooms to house a bigfig Hulk and to have any kind of length and width to it so it didn't look ridiculously out of shape it would have to be huge... And that image of the tiny quinjet at the end of the runway doesn't lean towards that kind of playset.

This is for sure the best reason to suspect that there won't be any play features. A mini-quinjet being included makes me think of that old 10030 Star Destroyer or (more likely) the 10221 Super Star Destroyer. We are getting a massive hunk of bley and some scaled down ships with it. I think the best we can hope for is that we do get one or two minifigures (there's no way we'd get more) that like in the SSD can be placed inside.

Although I have to admit, even if it had play features and figures, I don't think I could swallow that $350. There's just so many other Lego sets coming out I'd rather get collectively than spending so much on one flying ship.

Although I have to admit, even if it had play features and figures, I don't think I could swallow that $350. There's just so many other Lego sets coming out I'd rather get collectively than spending so much on one flying ship.

No play features/figures is a massive dealbreaker for me. The Helicarrier just isn't iconic enough or important enough for me to justify that kind of money on a giant grey paperweight. Same reason I've never bought any of the expensive UCS like the Super Star Destroyer.

I think the only way you'd even get my attention even if it was playable is if the play elements were exciting and intricate and the figures list included:

-Nick Fury

-Coulson

-Maria Hill

-Bruce Banner

-Tony Stark (jacket and tie)

-Iron Man Mark VI (heavy damage from Helicarrier rotor)

-Steve Rogers (plainclothes)

-Hawkeye (possessed)

-Guy playing Galaga

No play features/figures is a massive dealbreaker for me. The Helicarrier just isn't iconic enough or important enough for me to justify that kind of money on a giant grey paperweight. Same reason I've never bought any of the expensive UCS like the Super Star Destroyer.

I think the only way you'd even get my attention even if it was playable is if the play elements were exciting and intricate and the figures list included:

-Nick Fury

-Coulson

-Maria Hill

-Bruce Banner

-Hawkeye (possessed)

-Guy playing Galaga

Ooh, that is a very tempting minifig listing :sweet:

I myself would prefer more civilian versions of the superheroes as well :thumbsup:

However, I think I'll definitely buy the Helicarrier.

Of course it still depends on how it looks and how many minifigs (preferably Nick Fury, Coulson, Bruce Banner and/or Maria Hill) and interesting play features there are.

But the thought of the vehicle in LEGO-form sounds so appealing to me :wub:

Just FYI, I own UCS sets like the Super Star Destroyer as well :wink:

Regards,

Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

Absolutely agree. As nice a set as it might be, buying it would mean excluding any other sets I might want, including modulars--which, even though they are less than half the price of the rumored helicarrier, I have still not bought for the same reason. I prefer to spread the new-Lego feeling throughout the year, rather than blow it all at once.

...if the figures list included:

-Nick Fury

-Coulson

-Maria Hill

-Bruce Banner

-Hawkeye (possessed)

-Guy playing Galaga

Fury and Hill (+ Winter Soldier) is all I feel like I would need. Maybe a Banner and Rogers, but I wouldn't fret over that. As for the guy playing Galaga, I was impressed we got a sticker in the Hulk Helicarrier set. All you would need is a generic guy to sit at the screen, no need for a specific exclusive fig.

According to Russeltier, an user on brickset he says, " the Shield Helicarrier model will be released on 1st March, setnumber 76042 and will cost $349,99." That price seems like a perfect size for the helicarrier, but to expensive for me. Although i can't wait to see it.

Edited by amazingbricks

I won't be buying the Hellicarrier, I'd be happy to fork out that money for an Avengers tower rather. Its a lot of money to put down for what I'm guessing won't be too many minifigures, and judging by Star Wars ships interior will be sacrificed for detail, so maybe a few compartments or the entire length is just made up for the bridge.

Why are you assuming its going to be from the first Avengers and not Captain America 2?

But Coulson, Hill and Fury have to be in the set not just from the movies but from the shows too!

I know it will probably be at least 4 times smaller that the one on LEGO Ideas: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/63951 but if it has that level of details and it's size is similar to Super Star Destroyer I will be happy. It will probably come with a display stand and information plaque. As for minifigures it will probably be characters that are S.H.I.E.L.D. members in suits like Nick Fury, Agent Phil Coulson. LEGO is known for this but it would be interesting if they mix all the scenes and play features from Avengers, Captain America The Winter Solider and Avengers: Age of Ultron, this could also result in a larger minifigure numbers in the set.

I just can't see them not doing it like the Death Star... But I'll still probably get it if it has even only 4 'figs, considering the amount of playability on the flight deck alone. Plus, hey, it's Lego. You can always modify.