CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

No one knew the Guardians of the Galaxy and look at them know!

Their previous obscurity is likely why they got an entire line of Lego sets...

Could a moderator way in on this so that we know what is appropriate things to do on this thread please?

Was a bit busy this weekend but I'm catching up on things.

Sites like those you mentioned use their frontpage for news even tangentially related to LEGO if they feel it could affect the LEGO community. And this is absolutely fine. This, however, is a topic specifically for discussing the sets. We have other threads for those kinds of things and those that want to keep up with those news items or discuss them can find the appropriate thread.

I think it's pretty clear but I'll spell it out.

Appropriate discussion in this topic: 2015 Marvel sets. I generally allow some minor speculation about what we may get after 2015 just because it's hard to enforce otherwise.

Inappropriate discussion: ANYTHING ELSE. I don't want to see wishlists, set ideas, or straight up movie discussion.

If people continue to post movie spoilers in this thread, I'll have to start doling out punishment for such behavior. I don't want to do that and you guys don't want me to do that. So please stay on topic.

Was a bit busy this weekend but I'm catching up on things.

Sites like those you mentioned use their frontpage for news even tangentially related to LEGO if they feel it could affect the LEGO community. And this is absolutely fine. This, however, is a topic specifically for discussing the sets. We have other threads for those kinds of things and those that want to keep up with those news items or discuss them can find the appropriate thread.

I think it's pretty clear but I'll spell it out.

Appropriate discussion in this topic: 2015 Marvel sets. I generally allow some minor speculation about what we may get after 2015 just because it's hard to enforce otherwise.

Inappropriate discussion: ANYTHING ELSE. I don't want to see wishlists, set ideas, or straight up movie discussion.

If people continue to post movie spoilers in this thread, I'll have to start doling out punishment for such behavior. I don't want to do that and you guys don't want me to do that. So please stay on topic.

Thanks for the info! So just wondering for the future, does the Idris Elba comment or the future movie slate appropriate for this thread?

Edited by MODOCTORDOOM

Hi guys, I've been away on holiday for two weeks and haven't had any chance to check the forum. :sceptic: I would appreciate if someone could let me know about any new news on the sets we are expecting?

Hi guys, I've been away on holiday for two weeks and haven't had any chance to check the forum. :sceptic: I would appreciate if someone could let me know about any new news on the sets we are expecting?

Nothing really happened. Except we got news about a D2C Helicarrier!

Why don't you just look through the pages instead of asking everyone to repeat the same thing over again?

Anyway, back on topic...

Really looking forward to the Helicarrier. It better not dissapoint me... :vader:

We have only had one rumour of a rumour about the Helicarrier right? I am not sure we should all be acting like its a sure thing. I don't think we usually hear a price with the first rumour like this so I still think we should be careful with this one.

We have only had one rumour of a rumour about the Helicarrier right? I am not sure we should all be acting like its a sure thing. I don't think we usually hear a price with the first rumour like this so I still think we should be careful with this one.

I agree! I don't know why they would even release a Helicarrier set its not like they can call it a SHIELD Helicarrier since there is no SHIELD right now! I don't I think it would be nice but what confirmation do we have about this?

So do you guys think the Helicarrier will be a play set like the minifig sized Star Destroyer or a huge USC set like the USC Star Destroyer?

So do you guys think the Helicarrier will be a play set like the minifig sized Star Destroyer or a huge USC set like the USC Star Destroyer?

Depending on the price, I would have to say UCS. It sounds WAYY too big to be a play set.

Hi! I am a new Eurobricks member, although I have been reading for a while so I am somewhat familiar with the site. I'm not sure it this is on topic, but I recently purchased the rocket raccoon polybag from brick link and it looks to be the same as the San Diego version. It has great arm and leg printing.

I agree! I don't know why they would even release a Helicarrier set its not like they can call it a SHIELD Helicarrier since there is no SHIELD right now! I don't I think it would be nice but what confirmation do we have about this?

The Tumbler was released ages after the Dark Knight trilogy was done, i dont think TLG worry about the relevant tie in for the more AFOL targeted sets.

Well, the helicarrier is a timeless part of the Marvel universe that has been in the comics, cartoons, and other media for decades. Same with SHIELD, so I don't think neither being in the movies anymore means it is unlikely we'll see the set. In addition, Avengers and cap 2 are recent enough that any kid with two brain cells to rub together can remember what the helicarrier is.

The Tumbler was released ages after the Dark Knight trilogy was done, i dont think TLG worry about the relevant tie in for the more AFOL targeted sets.

I never thought of it that way!

Hey guys, don't know if it's been announced before or not, but I'm sitting here with a few copies of the 5002145 Rocket Raccoon polybag, a Toys R Us exclusive. My local store (USA) put a huge supply out early, and apparently they weren't even ringing up as available in the system yet. So, I don't know if they're part of a special deal or not, but I can confirm that they are to be held off U.S. shelves UNTIL NOVEMBER 16th. Obviously they pulled the whole batch after letting me buy them. So again, to review:The ROCKET RACCOON POLYBAG will sell in US stores for $4.99 each starting no earlier than NOVEMBER 16thAlso, for hose of you that have seen the image before, you might have wondered what the sticker sheet in the pic was about. Apparently it's a HUGE sticker sheet (41 separate decals) to be added to the Milano set, creating further technical detail and battle damage:

http://i60.tinypic.com/70huzs.jpg

I'm sure I could be wrong, but I don't ever remember Lego putting a sticker sheet in one set intended for another. I don't see myself using them, as tempting as that "I Love the 80s" one might be...

Edited by LuxorV
Image too big. Turned into link.

Hey guys, don't know if it's been announced before or not, but I'm sitting here with a few copies of the 5002145 Rocket Raccoon polybag, a Toys R Us exclusives my local store (USA) put a huge supply out early, and apparently they weren't even ringing up as available in the system yet. So, I don't know if they're part of a special deal or not, but I can confirm that they are to be held off U.S. shelves UNTIL NOVEMBER 16th. So again, to review:

The ROCKET RACCOON POLYBAG will sell in US stores for $4.99 each starting no earlier than NOVEMBER 16th

Cool! I guess I'll be making a trip to TRU on the 16th.

^ We don't know for sure it will, anyone know of any ones in the past and when they show up after they have been in US?

Very cool. I have yet to see the movie, but since I am a minifigure collector, I will try to pick this one up. Multiples if possible (don't worry, not to sell for absurd amounts. I just like keeping some sealed for funsies. I have 5 LOTR Elrond polybags sealed still).

Does it show where all the stickers go on the Milano?

No. As you can see above, it just sort alludes to the idea that you can dress it up with them. I think it's meant to be a bit more random,

The diagram at the top of the pic is all they give you-- on the back of it is the instructions for Rocket & his gun.