CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

I really want Thor 3 sets, and why not? We need it cause Ragnarok:

Will destroy a lot!

Edited by kevkipo

The Problem with Thor 3 getting sets is the fact that it is placed in the same year as GOTG2(May) and BP(November) with Thor in July, so I would guess Guardians gets a April wave, then with a Gap BP will probaly get the 2nd wave as he is yet to be done.

The Problem with Thor 3 getting sets is the fact that it is placed in the same year as GOTG2(May) and BP(November) with Thor in July, so I would guess Guardians gets a April wave, then with a Gap BP will probaly get the 2nd wave as he is yet to be done.

Lego need to switch into making a few sets for each movie, isnetad of alot for 1. avengers movies would be the exception.

Lego need to switch into making a few sets for each movie, isnetad of alot for 1. avengers movies would be the exception.

I couldn't agree more. I say they should dump the Tv show based lines completely. Focus on the movies and give us 1, 2 or 3 sets for each movie then the amount of aou sets for Avengers movies.

Now point to note is of course these sets are aimed at KFOL's who watch Disney XD a lot more so than the movies.......it's generally us AFOL's that scream for more movie sets.

I actually like the TV show sets, they give us more variety and characters we may never see in the MCU. Are we going to get anything related to Spider-Man or the likes of Taskmaster and M.O.D.O.K. in Captain America 3 or Black Panther? We could probably get the latter 2, but it's unlikely.

Now point to note is of course these sets are aimed at KFOL's who watch Disney XD a lot more so than the movies.......it's generally us AFOL's that scream for more movie sets.

Of course, sets from Disney XD shows didn't start until after they started Avengers Assemble, rather than continuing with the superior Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon. I would have loved sets from that show probably more than most movie sets. Can you imagine Secret Invasion sets? With double-sided heads where the second side is a Skrull? Sadly, it didn't happen. Maybe Secret Invasion for phase 4.

In the meantime, I am pumped to see what next year's AoU sets will get us.

The TV series sets started with USM only this year did we get two sets to tie into AA.

Funny no TV series sets listed for next year so far......so maybe they haven't done as well as Disney hoped for ?

Since we found out about two Amazing Spiderman 2 polybags, I now believe there is no licensing restrictions on releasing sets from multiple movies in a year. Rather, I think from a LEGO standpoint, they likely don't want to hitch sets to too many movies in a year. Sometimes it works great, but I don't think that Ironman 3, Lone Ranger, or Prince of Persia were good ventures from them.

It may be they want to diversify their risk by only focusing on one Marvel movie and augment with comic sets. Alot of the fans, KFOLs and AFOLs, don't seem to mind.

Since we found out about two Amazing Spiderman 2 polybags, I now believe there is no licensing restrictions on releasing sets from multiple movies in a year. Rather, I think from a LEGO standpoint, they likely don't want to hitch sets to too many movies in a year. Sometimes it works great, but I don't think that Ironman 3, Lone Ranger, or Prince of Persia were good ventures from them.

Two ASM2 poly bags? I was only aware of electro.

I couldn't agree more. I say they should dump the Tv show based lines completely. Focus on the movies and give us 1, 2 or 3 sets for each movie then the amount of aou sets for Avengers movies.

Could not agree more with you there, and i think Thor Ragnarok will get a wave, Gotg in April and Thor in July kinda together :laugh:

Come to think of it, Cap 3 will get us a Black Panther set it we get a wave, which could save them that slot for Thor 3 or whichever films are by BP.

Because it'd be illogical to assume we're not getting any...of course we'll get sets for some of these movies, or at least tie in sets. And if the line is still around we'll definitely be getting Infinity War sets.

Well, we'll probably get some, but we aren't gonna get all of them. It sounded like people were thinking LEGO was going to be making sets for ALL of these movies, when theres no way that's gonna happen. We will for sure get some of them, and possibly tie ins for the others, but we aren't getting 100% of them, which is what it sounded like people thought.

This really doesn't have anything to do with 2015 though...

Two ASM2 poly bags? I was only aware of electro.

No, there is only Electro, he said "amazing spiderman 2 polybags" as in polybags from the second movie. Technically, though, there was the Comic-Con Exclusive Spider-Man figure that looked to be based on the movie, so that counts..

The SDCC Spideman had the ASM2 logo and was what I meant. LEGO had the means to make direct tie-in to that movie in addition to Guardians this year. They just chose to go with a cartoon tie in instead.

Come to think of it I'd much prefer Avengers Assemble sets to USM... Lot more dig opportunities...

Well, I think at this point there's a very strong consensus that marvel is on the scene in such a large way, it would be foolish to not try to incorporate all of their movies in Lego form. With how quickly these movies will be churning out, Lego will need to modify its two waves per year model to accommodate all of them. Which would be a large undertaking, but given how completist collecting all the marvel minifigures could be, it makes sense for Lego to try and roll out as many as possible. Especially since the final two part avengers movie will probably include nearly everyone.

No, there is only Electro, he said "amazing spiderman 2 polybags" as in polybags from the second movie. Technically, though, there was the Comic-Con Exclusive Spider-Man figure that looked to be based on the movie, so that counts..

He said "two Amazing Spiderman 2 polybags".