CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

This is also a little off topic but I find it interesting that now after the Hobbit and LOTR line they give the short feet more decoration with the racoon fig. you see his trousers and where it cuts off to the feet. I wonder why the designers of the LOTR theme and Hobbit theme never attempted this on the Hobbit minifigs

Bummer right?

That's what I thought too but we had the minifig one too.

Oops, forgot that one. Sorry, my mistake

Does anyone think we might see Black Panther in a set soon? The new Batman cowl would be perfect for him and is very similar to the one he had in the videogame:

320px-Lego_black_panther.png

Does anyone think we might see Black Panther in a set soon? The new Batman cowl would be perfect for him and is very similar to the one he had in the videogame:

320px-Lego_black_panther.png

I was always under the impression that parts specific and unique to licensed themes could not be used in anything else, possibly until the license expired. However, that would be cool if we could get him in a set, but they'd probably throw an Avenger in there with him.

Edited by Master_Data

I was always under the impression that parts specific to licensed themes could not be used in anything else, possibly until the license expired. However, that would be cool if we could get him in a set, but they'd probably throw an Avenger in there with him.

The lighstaber piece was created for Star Wars, and has been used in more sets than I can think of. As a more recent example the Mjolnir piece has been used a few other places. This is to say nothing of hair pieces, like the piece which originated as Mutt's and has spread to one of the most common hair pieces.

Does anybody know of more pics of the rocket poly? Possibly containing pics of a milano with the stickers.

The lighstaber piece was created for Star Wars, and has been used in more sets than I can think of. As a more recent example the Mjolnir piece has been used a few other places. This is to say nothing of hair pieces, like the piece which originated as Mutt's and has spread to one of the most common hair pieces.

True, but we have yet to see Superman's hair in City sets or Stormtrooper and Mando helmets in Space themes or Indy's Fertility Idol as a statue. I think it probably depends on the license and its duration- we only got the One Ring in the Parisian Restaurant after LotR ended.

Edited by Master_Data

Pieces like hair and the lightsaber aren't really unique enough to be limited to a theme or Character. The lightsaber hilt doesn't look like any single lightsaber in the films, it takes inspiration from the films but in itself is unique.

However pieces like, the ironman helmet, the Stormtrooper helmet, Darth Vader's helmet, Boba Fetts Helmet and Batman's cowl are different. They each are designed to look identical to a trademarked character, and as such they have specific features and contures that render them unique to a character. They aren't original pieces of work and are based on someone else's design. In Ironman's case his helmets for the films are designed by Adi Granov and are owned by MARVEL, they would be extremely angry if something they owned was palgerised for a DC product. The same with DC the last two Batman cowls are based on TDKR and BVSDOJ, and as such DC would probably use Legal action if that piece was used for non DC products.

It seems no one on this thread understands Interlectual property rights.

With regard to getting the civilian versions of Superhero characters I think TLG could do a polybag promo with them in, ideally on the spend £/$/€X - I get why they are difficult to justify in sets, when there are always so many more potential Super characters to include.

New Bat cowl will be a bad choice for Black Panther, at least for Lego to use. They don't improvise with parts they have when it comes to releasing a new minifigure and frankly, that's the right thing to do. I'd not like to have black panther with a bat cowl.

New Bat cowl will be a bad choice for Black Panther, at least for Lego to use. They don't improvise with parts they have when it comes to releasing a new minifigure and frankly, that's the right thing to do. I'd not like to have black panther with a bat cowl.

they do all the time, Bard, Thor, Black widow, Hawkeye and i can go on and on!

they do all the time, Bard, Thor, Black widow, Hawkeye and i can go on and on!

What are you talking about? You mean hair pieces? Hair pieces don't count, I said bat cowl, I don't think hair pieces and head gear are in the same category.

Oh well, we will never ever have bat cowl as panther cowl, if we ever get that minifig you'll see it anyway.

Anyone have any actual news about the 2015 sets, beyond the original leak?

Does anyone know if the UCS Helicarrier is going to be a "sculpture with seats" (like the Super Star Destroyer) or more of a playset/features design like the Jawa Sandcrawler?

For Superheroes sets, sculpture with seats approach will be risky. I mean, Star Wars is Star Wars, people like having ISD with little to no play feature but for Helicarrier, it wouldn't be as appealing as they would like.

The difference there is in the nature of the ship. The Hellicarrier has endless playability on the flight decks alone- Where just "seats" on it like you guys are saying might be boring, they could easily put some small play-set areas in it.

What are you talking about? You mean hair pieces? Hair pieces don't count, I said bat cowl, I don't think hair pieces and head gear are in the same category.

Oh well, we will never ever have bat cowl as panther cowl, if we ever get that minifig you'll see it anyway.

They don't improvise with parts they have when it comes to releasing a new minifigure and frankly, that's the right thing to do.

?

He means they don't only use existing pieces when making a new minifigure (e.g. Batman's cowl for Black Panther)

Most hair pieces are not so iconic that they cannot be used elsewhere. But reusing a Stormtrooper helmet or a Batman cowl could jeopardize a relationship for the licensee.

Some things are more vague like how the Prince of Persia Dagger of Time was reused in the Hobbit sets. I found that surprising myself.