CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Picture of Ultron.

90d2c960-b40b-11e3-a96c-0dc545a20358_spl725137_008.jpg

Thats jsut a stand in shape, shouldn't use that for a refence for waht he looks like.

Picture of Ultron.

90d2c960-b40b-11e3-a96c-0dc545a20358_spl725137_008.jpg

That's really old, its probably a Ultron minion. Or I might be wrong. Still cool though.

Can we please just wait until actual set pictures. Its just dissapointing when you see 50 new replies and then you click on it and realize they're talking about a movie rumor.

Edited by Ezekiel2517

Attached should be an image of Ultron, its fan made however it is based on the actual Ultron from the poster only altercation is the colour is slightly darker. Enjoy :)

post-128948-0-07925900-1413854524_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scarilian

So apparently AOU will have more VFX shots than any other Marvel movie. That coupled with the Comic-Con poster leads me to believe that we'll see hundreds of thousands of Ultron drones. I hope you're drooling for Ultron drone figures because I imagine we'll see a bunch of them.

The part of me that likes collecting all the minifigures hates masses of the same figures throughout a theme. The part of me that likes building loves having easy ways to build armies. It's very conflicting.

Looking at the Ultron stand in (which I vaguely remember seeing a few months ago now) I'm definitely leaning towards standard minifigure with Moulded head piece. depending what the body looks like though I could see a battle droid/general grevious style figure being the more likely choice. Until we see trailers though I don't think there are any safe bets on what the character is likely to look like in Lego format.

With all the intel thus far point to an army of Ultron drones in the film, I wouldn't be surprised if TLG went the route of the Star Wars Battle Droids. Fairly easy to pump out heaps of them and bundle 2-4 with each set.

It probably wouldn't kill Lego to come up with some kind of a spacer or something to make minifigs taller. Just a bracket or something like they use for tails would suffice, really. Alas, I suspect Ultron will just be a standard-sized minifig with about 3 or 4 variants. New head mold, too, of course, or at least a new helmet mold.

I hope you're drooling for Ultron drone figures because I imagine we'll see a bunch of them.

I know I am :wub_drool:

I really hope we get a lot of Ultron Drones because if he is supposed to have an army we need way more than just 3 like we did with the first Avengers movie!

I really hope we get a lot of Ultron Drones because if he is supposed to have an army we need way more than just 3 like we did with the first Avengers movie!

Yeah or at least be available in the cheap set and/or poly bag. This is the one case I will actually try and army build.

Yeah or at least be available in the cheap set and/or poly bag. This is the one case I will actually try and army build.

You better start that soon, you'll being going against like 8 heroes. :grin:

Who knows, they could have different looking ones; regular, battle-damaged, commander. It doesn't have to be the same design for all of them!

This might be the Ultron's grand mother so to speak.......

metropolis1.jpg

What is old, can be new again ?

Now on future USM sets, point to note they are still releasing Clone Wars sets next year so we can have some hope for White Tiger.

I think that is Ultron before the CGI is added to the rest of his body and I think the only difference between him and his drones are, He's slightly bigger and has Red lighting and his drones have Blue lighting and are completely CGI.

Ultron's Stand in and what Ultrons suppost to look like in the movie and drones .

Avengers+2+Age+of+Ultron+Movie+Set+(2).jpgavengers-age-of-ultron-comic-con-103467.jpg

Ultrons drones

ultron-avengers-2-il-8.jpg

Super Goblin was right.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Which one, The Vision or Ultron

Edited by Dr.Cogg

What's that from? Looks like Jocasta without hair.

She's Maria, featured in the 1927 movie Metropolis. She also provided the inspiration for C-3PO's design.

Edited by Colossus

That's really old, its probably a Ultron minion. Or I might be wrong. Still cool though.

Can we please just wait until actual set pictures. Its just dissapointing when you see 50 new replies and then you click on it and realize they're talking about a movie rumor.

No that's Ultron, but it's just the mo cap stand in for the actors to play against. The final design will look something like that head and chest plate, but be fully animated and articulated. Those are just simplified versions used as placeholders to build the CGI around and give lighting info etc. Remember Andy Sirkis was on set consulting and helping the actors with MoCap acting? This is one of the things he was probably doing.