CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Is anyone else puzzled by the release of the TASM 2 Electro poly-bag? I just don't understand the logic in it. We have two figures from the movie, Electro and SDCC 2013 Spidey, neither have been released to the general public. So two exclusive figures from one film, but no sets, how does that work? The Spider-Trike easily could have been TASM2 Spidey vs Electro, which would have given us a new Spidey print and been much more welcomed. But still that would only be one $13 set. If they apparently had the license, why keep the figures exclusive and not make any sets? Why even release Electro at all if he's the only figure besides the Con-exclusive Spider man? This just baffles me... Does this mean that in some warehouse in Denmark, they have huge lots of Gwen Stacy poly-bags ready to ship but cancelled at the last moment for whatever reason? Lol jk, but seriously if anyone could shed any light on this topic, please do so, it would be very much appreciated!

Lego does what Marvel says. If they wanna make extra sets they gotta pay extra if I'm not mistaken.

Dont think so. lego pays them for the license, and they propably pay 'royalties' for every set manufactured (like every box). Then lego can make as many sets as they want ( pretty much)

lego limits themselves with how many sets for each theme they want to use shelf space for.

Edited by deskp

Yay. New Secret Wars= even more Avengers n GOTG. Good Lord, even my son is tired of Avengers.

And that's saying something. There's a whole buttload of the Marvel Universe that has yet to be exploited and milked for all it's worth.

Regardless, I hope Lego does get involved with this for some comic-based sets.

I didn't mention them before, as they wouldn't likely be in the movie if it happens, but X-Men and Fantastic Four are part of Secret Wars too, if I'm not mistaken...

Dont think so. lego pays them for the license, and they propably pay 'royalties' for every set manufactured (like every box). Then lego can make as many sets as they want ( pretty much)

lego limits themselves with how many sets for each theme they want to use shelf space for.

But it does seem like so far we only see sets from one film a year what would be the reason for not making at least one set for each big film?

Edited by SMC

Shelf space is not Lego's problem and as you can see from the Star Wars Lego don't mind making more sets for themes that sells very well. Superheroes have already proven that it sells well.

Hi,

I don't know if it was said before, but the names for the AoU Sets are:

76029: Avengers "Iron Man", 14,99 EUR

76030: Avengers Offroader, with Thor, 19,99 EUR

76031: Avengers Hulk, Scarlet Witch, 34,99 EUR

76032: Avengers Space Ship, Captain America, 79,99 EUR

76038: Avengers Tower, 69,99 EUR

76040 Brainiacs Attack, 29,99 EUR

76041 Avengers Fortress, 59,99 EUR

No pictures, no other Infos yet.

Greetings. Hendrik

Hi,

Greetings. Hendrik

Wow! I will trust you, judging by the other info you posted and your join date. Where did you hear these?

Wow, those set names are new. Where did you get that info, if you're able to say?

Edit- beaten by just2good. Anyway, analysing those set names-

"Iron Man"- either a set containing him, or the Hulkbuster. The price suggests its not the latter.

"Offroader, with Thor"- Similar to the Loki Chase set from 2012 I imagine, hopefully a fairly different type of offroader. Nice to get Thor in a cheaper set.

" Hulk, Scarlet Witch"- could be a Hulkbuster set, or another set with Hulk and Scarlet, hard to tell.

"Spaceship, Captain America"- either spaceship is a massive spoiler for AoU, or it refers to the new quinjet. I think it's the latter, as a Hasbro Quinjet set with Cap's motorcycle was recently shown, based on AoU.

"Avengers Tower" - The price listed suggests it will be more of a play set than the 1500 piece Avengers Tower we all want.

"Avengers Fortress" - No idea. Maybe it connects to the Tower somehow? I'm guessing these set names are just vague descriptions for retail catalogues and such, so Fortress could mean anything at all.

Edited by Jay_Em

Hi,

I don't know if it was said before, but the names for the AoU Sets are:

76029: Avengers "Iron Man", 14,99 EUR

76030: Avengers Offroader, with Thor, 19,99 EUR

76031: Avengers Hulk, Scarlet Witch, 34,99 EUR

76032: Avengers Space Ship, Captain America, 79,99 EUR

76038: Avengers Tower, 69,99 EUR

76040 Brainiacs Attack, 29,99 EUR

76041 Avengers Fortress, 59,99 EUR

No pictures, no other Infos yet.

Greetings. Hendrik

No hulkbuster?

Wow! I will trust you, judging by the other info you posted and your join date. Where did you hear these?

Cannot say exactly where I got these..(-;

But the names are prsumably not the final names, so I think "Avengers Space Ship, Cap. America" just means that Minimum Cap.A. is included in this set..

Greetings. Hendrik

Thanks for that list. I knew we were going to get Avengers Tower, however I wish it was a $199 D2C. Will Marvel ever get one?

No mention of Ant-man, could be included in one of the sets, or the set number hasn't been revealed yet.

76029: Avengers "Iron Man", -I'm guessing this will be something like Iron Man vs 2 Ultron Drones

76030: Avengers Offroader, with Thor, -Some sort of small vehicle? Shield doesn't really exist in the movies anymore so I'm assuming this may be Black Widows Motorcycle and Thor is also in the set? Maybe Stark designed some more vehicles for the Avengers? :wink:

76031: Avengers Hulk, Scarlet Witch, -Could be a Hydra set with Scarlet Witch battling Hulk or something which I heard a rumor about. Could also be the Hulkbuster set and iron man is included in there along with SW.

76032: Avengers Space Ship, Captain America, -Definitely the new Quinjet. I think they'll keep Ultron to an earthly-threat for this movie but who knows?

76038: Avengers Tower, -Obviously the Avengers Tower. Hopefully it's well built.

76041 Avengers Fortress, -I was thinking this is either a Hydra "fortress" or base or maybe Ultron's Fortress if he makes one of those? That'd be really cool!!!!

Thanks so much for the info!!

Edited by Ultron

I hope the avengers tower is a tower like daily bugle not like hulks breakout.

I assume that the avengers tower will be as tall as the daily bugle set in 2013.

At that price maybe just a little taller.......dam, we need images but they won't appear until early next year.

At that price maybe just a little taller.......dam, we need images but they won't appear until early next year.

Yeah the daily bugle size seems perfect but for about $70 it should be taller but we're obviously going to get something for the villain in the set as well

The Bugle was only $50, no? And this Avengers Tower is 70? So I'd say we could get one substantially bigger. Ultron doesn't exactly need a vehicle...

The Bugle was only $50, no? And this Avengers Tower is 70? So I'd say we could get one substantially bigger. Ultron doesn't exactly need a vehicle...

Nah, it's not my style :wink:

Thebrickfan.com has posted this on their website, "On an related/unrelated note, I’ve received word from a source that we will also be seeing another Avengers set that nobody has noted yet, the Avengers Helicarrier. It will be a UCS type set with the price point around $300 and will be available next summer."

That's good news for whoever wanted a perfect sized helicarrier but that price point is not good.

Edited by amazingbricks

Hopefully the Avengers Tower won't be as skinny as what the Daily Bugle was. Something covering a 16x16 baseplate instead of 8x16 would be ideal.

Thebrickfan.com has posted this on their website, "On an related/unrelated note, I’ve received word from a source that we will also be seeing another Avengers set that nobody has noted yet, the Avengers Helicarrier. It will be a UCS type set with the price point around $300 and will be available next summer."

That's good news for whoever wanted a perfect sized helicarrier but that price point is not good.

If that's true, I think it would sell. I would definitely have to save up for a decent Hellicarrier set. The only way I wouldn't would be if the 'figs were remakes and the set was absolute crap. Even then, it'd be hard to pass up considering it'd probably be the best parts pack we'll ever get for a Hellicarrier.