CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

I assume that's because of licensing? How is it any different to X-Men sets, which Fox also owns the rights to and Lego have been able to make sets of? Genuine question.

Well, it's been said before here, but these topics tend to get crazy cluttered, so I'll repeat it.

MARVEL has blocked any and all Fantastic Four merchandise that is not related to the films (actually, I'm not sure if the films can either. I would think they can). This is a very all encompassing ban, and I believe that they've even cancelled the comic book series for now. This applies to LEGO.

What makes it different than X-Men is that

A) F4 is not as popular, so MARVEL is less hesitant to ban them.

B) FOX really ticked them off with this movie. The rights were supposed to go back to MARVEL, but then FOX, to avoid losing them, jump-started this dead movie project. And so... Well, here we are.

I think it's more complicated, but that's the idea. MARVEL has banned any Fantastic Four Merchandise.

At NYCC, we can get some details on the minifigures and set names for the sets and hopefully like a poster showing the avengers.

Oh really? and when is NY Comic Con?

EDIT: Thank you ^

Edited by kevkipo

Well, it's been said before here, but these topics tend to get crazy cluttered, so I'll repeat it.

MARVEL has blocked any and all Fantastic Four merchandise that is not related to the films (actually, I'm not sure if the films can either. I would think they can). This is a very all encompassing ban, and I believe that they've even cancelled the comic book series for now. This applies to LEGO.

What makes it different than X-Men is that

A) F4 is not as popular, so MARVEL is less hesitant to ban them.

B) FOX really ticked them off with this movie. The rights were supposed to go back to MARVEL, but then FOX, to avoid losing them, jump-started this dead movie project. And so... Well, here we are.

I think it's more complicated, but that's the idea. MARVEL has banned any Fantastic Four Merchandise.

Alright, thanks very much for the clear, concise answer.

Interestingly a lot of people are speculating that Marvel are killing Wolverine off in the comics as a sideways attack on Fox too. Unless Fox pull off something incredible with FF I can see the same patern repeating several tomes over - in fact this isnt the first time a Fantastic Four film was hurredly put together to keep the rights.

Interestingly a lot of people are speculating that Marvel are killing Wolverine off in the comics as a sideways attack on Fox too. Unless Fox pull off something incredible with FF I can see the same patern repeating several tomes over - in fact this isnt the first time a Fantastic Four film was hurredly put together to keep the rights.

They better not do that to X-men, those are good movies!

Supposedly a lot of the Marvel/Fox feuding centres around Fox threatening legal action if Marvel use the term mutant in any of their films - with mutants being the focus of Xmen Fox feel the need to protect the licence they hold. But this becomes a pain for Marvel because they cant script characters becoming mutated easily. After that there was the aforementioned rebooting Fantastic Four to keep the license, with Fox suggesting they are going to establish the Fantastic Four as part of the same universe as the Xmen, it sets up stronger competition for Marvel than Sony have managed with the Spiderman licence or Warner Bros have so far managed with the DC licence.

I'm sceptical that Marvel would risk one of their strongest comic book franchises to try to weaken Fox's position - there is so much established history for Fox to draw from that it would be crazy to assume killing off one character would hit them badly, it's far more likely to hit Marvel negatively than Fox.

Another reprecution of these stupid Rights issues will be Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch's origins, in next years AoU. Because they are not allowed to call them mutants the will have some other concocked backstory.

I wouldn't worry about Fox rushing to make an X-Men movie anymore. They're on a pretty good path for the time being.

I've noticed recently that Marvel's been marketing stuff differently in regards to the Fox issue as well. Their used to be 3 areas of the Marvel universe: Avengers, X-Men, and Spider-Man, at least marketing-wise. Now, if you look at things, it seems like Marvel's trying to change that by replacing the X-Men corner with Guardians of the Galaxy. It's especially evident in the new Disney Infinity game, where they have three sets of figures: Avengers, Guardians, and Spider-Man. Not a single X-Man in sight.

The fact that they still do Spider-Man means one of three things:

• Spider-Man's going to make them too much money from toys
  • They want to continue with Ultimate Spider-Man (which as turned into a bit of a marketing tool as it is. Avengers crossovers are fine, but Jessie? Really Disney?)
  • (This is less likely but still a possibility) They actually are working with Sony to do some crossovers.

There's plenty of reason to believe that they cold be doing a crossover, the biggest of which being that they've tried to do it before. I'd say the first two are the big ones, though.

Another reprecution of these stupid Rights issues will be Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch's origins, in next years AoU. Because they are not allowed to call them mutants the will have some other concocked backstory.

They're going to be Inhumans, otherwise known as "Mutants, except ours."

They're going to be Inhumans, otherwise known as "Mutants, except ours."

That's not confirmed, only speculation.

In the Cap 2 after-credits scene Strucker's looking at Loki's staff before he goes over towards Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver- I didn't catch it too clearly when I watched it last night, but he said something about "volunteers," "survivors" and then he said it's an "Age of Miracles." Apparently Hydra was experimenting on people (with the staff, I'd guess) , and the twins were the only ones to survive.

So yeah, it's stupid they can't reference mutancies, but miracles works well enough.

EDIT: Looking at the "Inhumans" post from Ultron there again... I hope they use terms like that and at least for one scene go on about how they're basically mutants, but using every word they can to not actually say "mutant."

Edited by JaseTJ

@Numbah1Nerd, Inhumans won't be used as it is its own story and own people, plus if the follow the Comics they will have to be created by the Kree a long time ago to become Inhumans. Von Stucker refered to them as 'miracles' whatever that is ment to be. I doubt they will be Inhumans as that is rumoured to be in the early stages of production with that movie, unless they use SW and Quicksilver as an introduction to Inhumans.

It's possible they are trying everything possible to set up as many X-men characters as they can get away with under a different name, but I think they want to focus on using the characters for their powers more than anything else for the time being. I think Marvel will have a heck of a time introducing the X-men into their already established cinematic universe (I'm sure they'd manage it but it might come across as forced) so I think if the X-men licence did ever revert to Marvel we could see something either really interesting in terms of a shift of presentation or a universe reboot scenario. Either way I think Marvel are doing fine without them for now, I get why they'd want them back (personally I'd love some Beast/Avengers crossover) but they are clearly not failing without the X-men/Fantastic 4 franchises.

Are you kidding me... DC got official pics! :sceptic:

They probably have a winter wave where as the Marvel will probably be in March/April. Plus I'm sure the Marvel sets are all riddled with spoilers :wink:

They probably have a winter wave where as the Marvel will probably be in March/April. Plus I'm sure the Marvel sets are all riddled with spoilers :wink:

Dahhh... You are right Spidey :tongue:

Hi! If you guys have seen me on the DC Forum, then you know me already. For those of you who don't I'm new here, but I read this forum before, so I know what's going on. Ok-I have no news unlike DC but I wanted to state my opinion what these sets should be (I don't know anything about the movie!):

$12.99: Small battle pack set, includes a small, wrecked portion of a building. Includes Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, and a Hydra henchman. Small motorcycle for the henchman. Based on the set pics we've seen with a ruined street in the back round and SW and Hawkeye together.

$19.99: Moderate sized set. Includes Cap, Thor, and 2 Ultron robots. Cap and Thor in their new suits. Cap is his masked variant. Thor is his un-helmeted variant. Cap has a larger, brick-built motorcycle while the 2 Ultron bots have a small attack jet in Ultron's colors, with a silver and red techno vibe.

$34.99: Another moderate sized set, slightly larger than the previous set. Includes Mark 43 Iron Man Armor with separate Tony Stark Hairpiece, Black Widow, Quicksilver, and Ultron in his Ultron 4 variant. Black Widow flies a smaller version of the Quinjet, while Ultron has a medium sized hovercraft.

$59.99: A medium sized set. Includes Cap, Mark 43 Iron Man with separate Tony Stark hair piece, a Hulk macrofigure, Hawkeye, and War Machine. Cap is his unmasked variant. Iron Man is his battle damaged variant. Hawkeye is his new suit (from the set pics) variant. Hawkeye flies a large assault aircraft with room for 1 other Avenger, while a brick built Hulkbuster suit takes on the Hulk. Iron Man pilots the HB suit.

$99.99: A large sized set. Includes Thor, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Baron von Strucker, Ultron, Civilian, and an Ultron bot. Thor is his helmeted variant. Ultron is his final version variant. Strucker has a more accurate version of Loki's staff. This set has Avengers Tower, same concept as Arkham or the DBC, with the back being open. Has a Hall of Armor, Meeting Room, Party Room, Training Room, and Lobby. Strucker pilots a sleek Hydra jet similar in design to the Blackbird. Thor's helmet is moulded on to his hair, though he does come with a separate hairpiece without the helmet. His helmeted hairpiece was absent in the other set he appears in.

$159.99: This is a LEGO Store and LEGO Store Online exclusive set. It is Baron von Strucker's lair. It includes Baron von Strucker in a different uniform, Quicksilver in normal clothing, Scarlet Witch in normal clothing, 5 Hydra henchmen, each with unique face, torso, and leg printing, Captain America in his Stealth outfit (costume from the Winter Soldier), and Black Widow. It includes two prison cells, each holding a Maximoff twin. The glass falls down like Loki's cell from 2012. Quicksilver's cell has only a sticker on the exterior of the glass, being a series of black streaks to represent burnt rubber from his shoes as he runs up the glass. Scarlet Witch's cell includes 3 brown studs (the blocks she controls in the end credit scene of CA2) and a sticker on the exterior of the glass, which is a crack in the glass. In the middle of the lair, there is a Research and Development section where Loki's staff is placed. A bunch of computers are around the staff. Then there is the third portion of the lair, being the largest, and makes up most of the build. It includes quarters for all the henchmen, a training arena, 3 prison cells, with metal bars instead of glass (meant to hold Cap, Widow, and one more Avenger), and a weapons storage compartment, containing 2 pistols, 4 machine guns, 1 bow and arrow (the new type used for Hawkeye and Green Arrow), and 2 sticks of dynamite.

Edited by mattdev25

Nice predictions, although it was revealed that we're getting 6 AoU sets :sweet: So make another! Also, while I like your predictions, I hope the smallest set is an ultron battle pack rather than hydra soldiers. It's just a preference thing :tongue:

$59.99: A medium sized set. Includes Cap, Mark 43 Iron Man with separate Tony Stark hair piece, a Hulk macrofigure, Hawkeye, and Nick Fury. Cap is his unmasked variant. Iron Man is his battle damaged variant. Hawkeye is his new suit (from the set pics) variant. Nick Fury and Hawkeye fly a large assault aircraft, while a brick built Hulkbuster suit takes on the Hulk. Iron Man pilots the HB suit.

Nick Fury isn't in this one, I don't believe. And if he is, I'm sure his role won't be big enough to warrant a minifig. If he didn't get a fig for Avengers, he's definitely not getting one for Age of Ultron.

Nick Fury isn't in this one, I don't believe. And if he is, I'm sure his role won't be big enough to warrant a minifig. If he didn't get a fig for Avengers, he's definitely not getting one for Age of Ultron.

Both him and Maria Hill are in this one, though I think they just have background roles. Doubtful we'll get a fig of him, unfortunately.

Like your predictions! if it would be like that i'm satisfied!

Just a little lessH Hydra and a little more Ultron Drone :grin: