CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

To be fair they're not using Hank Pym as Ant-Man. Pym will be in the movie, but Scott Lang, his predecessor, will be the only one donning the suit it sounds like.

Glad to hear Wasp confirmed, though. Can't wait to see how exactly they handle the miniature versions! :D (I suppose they'll likely have a set where the minifigs are "small" and the rest of the set is built to look massive around them, which would be cool, but we better get scale mini-versions somehow too.)

To be fair they're not using Hank Pym as Ant-Man. Pym will be in the movie, but Scott Lang, his predecessor, will be the only one donning the suit it sounds like.

True, but Scott Lang has actually appeared in several Marvel Comics issues and is an otherwise notable character (while Hope Van Dyne is a minor alternate-universe character who made not even a handful of appearances). And Hank Pym will still play a very large role in the film, while Janet is most likely dead before the movie even begins.

Plus, Hank is just one of dozens and dozens of well-known male superheroes, while Janet is one of the very few well-known female superheroes. She deserves better than what the MCU is giving her, considering she was the first female Avenger.

True, but Scott Lang has actually appeared in several Marvel Comics issues and is an otherwise notable character (while Hope Van Dyne is a minor alternate-universe character who made not even a handful of appearances). And Hank Pym will still play a very large role in the film, while Janet is most likely dead before the movie even begins.

Plus, Hank is just one of dozens and dozens of well-known male superheroes, while Janet is one of the very few well-known female superheroes. She deserves better than what the MCU is giving her, considering she was the first female Avenger.

Honestly I think they're just going to project Janet through her daughter. I'm assuming Hope will be the spitting image of her mother, which is fine with me. It's better than them completely ruining continuity and making Janet young and Hank old. Although I really hope she isn't dead before the movie starts...That'd be an injustice. I don't really mind them going with Scott Lang at this point. Edgar Wright really screwed everything up for not putting Antman and Wasp in phase 1. Plus Hank just isn't a likable character and wouldn't make for a good lead hero for a movie.

Anyway....movie talk aside...We better get Wasp in a set or that will be the biggest rip off EVER. Who knows how long we would have to wait until we get the chance to get her in a set again. Plus we desperately need more female superheroes. We only have like 3 on the marvel side and it makes me sad...Plus Wasp is just awesome and she looked great in the game :sweet: Do we know if the antman set is movie based...? I don't recall, but I assume it will be.

But supposedly she never suits up as Wasp in this one... So unfortunately it's unlikely

Idk..I think we might be surprised. I have a feeling she will suit up by the end, just because if she's going to be in Avengers 3 with Antman (at least I'm assuming they will be), she'll have to have had experience fighting villains and stuff by then. Plus Joss Whedon loves Wasp so I'm sure he'll make sure it gets done! He probably could have some say in it

It's expensive every year :)

Ay that it is but I swear my wallet gets lighter and lighter as the years go on :wink:. Also back on topic these marvel sets are sounding to be pretty expensive but I'm sure some, if not all of them will look great. :classic:

True, but Scott Lang has actually appeared in several Marvel Comics issues and is an otherwise notable character (while Hope Van Dyne is a minor alternate-universe character who made not even a handful of appearances).

Honestly I think they're just going to project Janet through her daughter. It's better than them completely ruining continuity and making Janet young and Hank old.

Yeah, I only meant that it wouldn't make sense for Janet to be Wasp opposite Lang's Ant-Man.

As for their microfigs... the new Star Destroyer set has a trans-blue version of the mini-fig-trophy piece, and it has a cape... It would probably be expensive but in my opinion it'd be best if we could get a mini-trophy Ant-Man and Wasp, and her version could have wings... Only one new mold, and they've printed on one of those before (Jack Sparrow voodoo doll)

Or maybe they didn't print that Jack Sparrow...? Bricklink doesn't have it there, and I can't find what set it would've been in... I can only find one image of it, with the Firestar toys logo. :/

But yeah, I was referring to another variant of that, in which they would have wings instead of the cape/hood. And maybe a helmet for the Ant-Man one >_>

Or maybe they didn't print that Jack Sparrow...? Bricklink doesn't have it there, and I can't find what set it would've been in... I can only find one image of it, with the Firestar toys logo. :/

But yeah, I was referring to another variant of that, in which they would have wings instead of the cape/hood. And maybe a helmet for the Ant-Man one >_>

Lego did print one, it was in the Queen Anne's Revenge set I believe.

I saw it was asked about a mini Jack Sparrow. That would be the one. The voodoo doll.

I think it looked like you were providing a link answer to his question about the box pictures. :P

Could they make a new mold for Ant Man that is just a smaller version of a minifig similar to what they used in Lego Marvel Superheroes? Or would they just use the preexisting mold that has already been used?

Could they make a new mold for Ant Man that is just a smaller version of a minifig similar to what they used in Lego Marvel Superheroes? Or would they just use the preexisting mold that has already been used?

They're far more likely to use a pre-existing mold. There's a reason Riddler has a crowbar and not a cane, and it's because if they can use a pre-existing piece they will. What they did in LEGO Marvel (if memory serves) would be too fragile. All those joints would just be too hard to incorporate without sacrificing the structural integrity of the piece. I'd say these guys have it right and tiny Ant-Man will be a printed trophy piece. Now they might give him a new mold for the helmet on that piece, but that's still pretty unlikely if they can get away with the default.

The Fortaan helmet wouldn't look terrible if recolored (depending entirely on how the movie version looks) but curiously it seemed designed to fit snugly on a 1x1 round brick and looks oversized on a microfigure.

I was gunna say, I really don't like the helmet on the microfigs. That and they aren't as close anatomically as the trophies. And while we're at it, if the helmet is anything like the test footage that's been circulating for the past however long then it wouldn't be accurate anyways.

i just dont like the tought of Ant-man, the only thing i can think of with him is the movie "Arthur and the (somethings :wacko: )"

Just like a little he-has-shrunk kinda vibe, almost like the movie "Epic"

i just dont like the tought of Ant-man, the only thing i can think of with him is the movie "Arthur and the (somethings :wacko: )"

Just like a little he-has-shrunk kinda vibe, almost like the movie "Epic"

Well he also eventually gains the power to grow.

Um... And the fact that he has practically super-strength and speed when he's small. Have you seen the test footage? (I'd find it and link, but the internet here is filtered so I doubt I could.)

Well he also eventually gains the power to grow.

In the same movie? guess that is going to require a Groot situation there