CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

I was full gutted that these two (my favorite Marvel characters, hands down) were fully excluded from the Lego Marvel game.

Don't even get me started on that. I can't even believe Vision, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Ultron weren't in the game.

Don't even get me started on that. I can't even believe Vision, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Ultron weren't in the game.

I couldn't believe it. Viz and Wanda are fundamental Avengers. With everyone and thier dog in the game (and 96349 Spider-man variations...), I couldn't believe that niether of them made the cut.

I was madly unlocking every character, and enjoying the game until someone pointed out to me that they were not in it at all. My enthusiasm literally evaporated and I haven't bothered to play it since. Hahaha.

So, yeah. While Wanda's a given (albeit in that horrific movie costume, but it's better than not at all), I'm unsure about Vision. He'd better be in there somewhere. :D

Seriously, once I have these two (and Bucky...someday) I'll be perfectly content if they never do another Marvel character. I have Cap, Widow, Falcon and Storm. That more or less rounds out my absolute favorite Marvel characters.

There are others I would fully enjoy (like Billy and Tommy!), but I can live with or without. My collection will always feel 'incomplete' without Vision and Wanda.

Edited by klinton

I was thinking about this a while ago when I was looking at the Boxer CMF, if Thanos is released as a minifigure and not a big fig I assume he would have the Boxing glove on him and the Infinity gems would be printed on, rather than Lego making a brand new mold.

Or they just make it ludicrously huge, like this.

Or they just make it ludicrously huge, like this.

the armor sort of seems like something Lego would actually put on Thanos in minifigure form just in another color, I didn't even knew this existed and now I want one. Good find, seems likely Lego would do this. Edited by Kire

the armor sort of seems like something Lego would actually put on Thanos in minifigure form just in another color, I didn't even knew this existed and now I want one. Good find, seems likely Lego would do this.

The Ultra Agents stuff is pure genius! Every set is pretty much 'must have'. I wish they put as much thought into the Superhero sets as they do to these. I'd highly recomend all of these, as they work really well with your heroes too. :D

But as for the Infinity Gauntlet, I don't see why it can't just be part of Thanos' sculpting? It's not really a 'thing' unto itself, but the manifestation of the collected gems. Removable studs and such contradict it's nature (as, removing a gem would mean it ceases to exist).

I get that he doesn't always have it on, but something as simple as removeable hands (ala other big figs), with an alternate being the Gauntlet, would suffice. No?

The Ultra Agents stuff is pure genius! Every set is pretty much 'must have'. I wish they put as much thought into the Superhero sets as they do to these. I'd highly recomend all of these, as they work really well with your heroes too. :D

But as for the Infinity Gauntlet, I don't see why it can't just be part of Thanos' sculpting? It's not really a 'thing' unto itself, but the manifestation of the collected gems. Removable studs and such contradict it's nature (as, removing a gem would mean it ceases to exist).

I get that he doesn't always have it on, but something as simple as removeable hands (ala other big figs), with an alternate being the Gauntlet, would suffice. No?

Ima agree with you there.

Well we should get an exclusive. I mean why wouldn't we? I'm sorry but Tumbler is a bad set. Just a big black chunk of parts. But some people like it because it is an exclusive. So what's wrong with giving us an Avengers Tower?

I Would like a Stark Tower with Tony Stark,Mark I,42,39 and Iron Monger,Pepper Potts,The Mandarin,Extremis Soilder 2x,Aldrich Killian and a J.A.R.V.I.S Transparent Piece in a shape of a Head.

On the sub-topic of a new GotG line, who'd be willing to petition for these sets?

Star Lord vs The Sakaarans ($20) Features a muddy Star-Lord, a Sakaaran and Korath. An opening for the temple which collapses rocks and another Sakarran turret and ship.

The Kyln Escape ($50) Features a yellow Drax, Gamora, Minifig scaled Groot and 2 Guards. The build is the Warden Office which detaches from the tower and then some tables which can break in half, and a small cell which connects to the side of the tower.

Rocket's Warbird ($75) Features Red Rocket Raccoon, Battle Damaged Star-Lord, Yondu, and Garthan Saal. The build is obviously the Warbird and a Star Blaster. The Warbird also features a "Baby Groot" as we now call him.

I'll be more than willing to start a petition for a second GotG wave

Back to the main topic. I'm really interested in the AoU sets. 5 Sets!? That's crazy but I love it. I can't wait to see all the Avengers we get :laugh:

they wont remake the war bird man. It just came out so they would have two war birds sitting on the shelf?

Edit: Not technically on the shelf but the exclusive is still new and being sold online...you know what I mean

Edited by smkaemp

they wont remake the war bird man. It just came out so they would have two war birds sitting on the shelf?

Edit: Not technically on the shelf but the exclusive is still new and being sold online...you know what I mean

Cause so many people spend $300 on a 100 piece microship. Practically nobody buys that set, unless you REALLY want red Rocket. And even then, a lot of people are pretty sure he'll reappear somehow.

The one thing I want from Marvel this year (that unfortunately I don't think we'll get) is a X-Mansion D2C. $200-250 set, huge mansion with a bunch of rooms, Prof. X, Beast, Iceman, Gambit, Colossus...it's the only way to fix the current X-Men ignorance. Plus next year doesn't have a X-film so Marvel can't complain about it advertising Fox's films.

Speaking of FOX ^ ^ what if we get a Fantastic Four set next year loosely based on the movie like the other xmen set

Speaking of FOX ^ ^ what if we get a Fantastic Four set next year loosely based on the movie like the other xmen set

No, Marvel is trying to avoid any merchandising with Fantastic Four in general.

still we can hope

We can hope, but seeing as they are pulling the F4 out of comics and all other outlets they have control over I don't see any way we will get them in sets anytime soon.

Unfortunately, you're more than likely right. :cry_sad: We were fortunate to get X-Men sets and Marvel really didn't want that, but because it sells they allow it. If the comics weren't shut down then we could have a little more hope. The only way I could see it happening is if they made a F4 TV show which isn't going to happen at the moment.

We can hope, but seeing as they are pulling the F4 out of comics and all other outlets they have control over I don't see any way we will get them in sets anytime soon.

F4 is not being pulled from comics. That's just a bad rumor. That doesn't mean Marvel would allow F4 toys to be made though. Edited by Moon_Knight

No, Marvel is trying to avoid any merchandising with Fantastic Four in general.

But... why? :sceptic:

But... why? :sceptic:

In a bad attempt to get the movie rights. No toys for a cbm= poor box office performance i guess

Why do people think that Lego would make a Warbird set? Not only have they released one already, but for a bigger version for the mass market kids and their parents would just see it as the same ship, and therefore not worth getting.

Edited by LMB10

Why do people think that Lego would make a Warbird set? Not knot have they released one already, but for a bigger version for the mass market kids and their parents would just see it as the same ship, and therefore not worth getting.

I agree, as much as I would like that version of Rocket, it is not that recognisable for the aimed market. That is why Lego made it the way they did with the Comic-Con version.

its sad that its looking like we wont get many x men sets, there is so much potential there

In a bad attempt to get the movie rights. No toys for a cbm= poor box office performance i guess

Fair point. I guess the real money maker is in the toys...

its sad that its looking like we wont get many x men sets, there is so much potential there

I know... :cry_sad:

Yeah, at least Marvel isn't boycotting them though...we all know they'll never get the rights to them back. Couldn't we still get maybe a character from the F4 here or there though? Like Human Torch could be in a set somewhere, that way they're not directly advertising for the movie? I mean, we got Doctor Doom, even though he was actually in USM

Yeah, at least Marvel isn't boycotting them though...we all know they'll never get the rights to them back. Couldn't we still get maybe a character from the F4 here or there though? Like Human Torch could be in a set somewhere, that way they're not directly advertising for the movie? I mean, we got Doctor Doom, even though he was actually in USM

Sadly I don't think there's much chance of that happening unless the character actually appears in one of the cartoons. :sceptic: