CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

So Marvel has been releasing concept art and lucky fans have been able to get them. Well, if some fans got them all, they are VERY lucky to get this huge poster from combining all the art they got.

just noticed that there's no Falcon in this pic.... I really hope they're not going to leave him out of AoU

For me the main goal is to get the comic book character rather then the movie representation of that character. Some heroes and villains have been around for 60+ years and have had countless different appearances over the years. I want the Black widow not necessarily Scarlett Johansson cosplaying the Black widow. As long as I get any representation of a character I'm happy. Personally I could not care less if the tiny blue line was not in Scarlett Johansson costume in the move etc.

Comic book character vs movie accurate, getting the character always wins in my book

If they do as well character accuracy wise to the movie that they did in guardians I will be impressed! The guardians figures are pretty much dead on to the movie (I saw it yesterday blew me away) Ronan looks so good it's like a miniature version of the character in the film, the different versions of star lord are both 100 percent accurate, Gamora looks like her final battle outfit, Rocket is almost 100 percent accurate other than his grey printing rather than brown, drax in movie lighting doesn't look green so I can see how lego got confused, nebula looks fantastic even down to the purple gloves. A perfect wave as all the sets apart from one occur in the movie. If avengers is that accurate but with a few more sets then it will be great. Ronan is definitely both the most accurate lego representation of a movie villain and the best marvel movie villain yet. Both sinister, threatening, nigh unstoppable and ruthless. This guy would mop the floor with Loki for sure.

Edited by legofreak86

just noticed that there's no Falcon in this pic.... I really hope they're not going to leave him out of AoU

If he is he's only a cameo

If they do as well character accuracy wise to the movie that they did in guardians I will be impressed! The guardians figures are pretty much dead on to the movie (I saw it yesterday blew me away) Ronan looks so good it's like a miniature version of the character in the film, the different versions of star lord are both 100 percent accurate, Gamora looks like her final battle outfit, Rocket is almost 10 percent accurate other than his grey printing rather than brown, drax in movie lighting doesn't look green so I can see how lego got confused, nebula looks fantastic even down to the purple gloves. A perfect wave as all the sets apart from one occur in the movie. If avengers is that accurate but with a few more sets then it will be great. Ronan is definitely both the most accurate lego representation of a movie villain and the best marvel movie villain yet. Both sinister, threatening, nigh unstoppable and ruthless. This guy would mop the floor with Loki for sure.

Okay now you convinced me to go watch the movie... i really like the sets and i am a BIG fan of the Star Lord and Rocket Comic's. but i tought the movie was a bit grose and filthy? is it all just awesomeness or did you think "Meh" at some parts?

It's probably not too bad. This is just Disney's way of drawing attention to a Marvel franchise, and some of it is apparently very "action-movie", but it seems okay. I know if I watch it, though, I'll want all of the sets. And perhaps some adult content is in it, but I'm sure it's only a brief joke or two, and nothing to worry about. It's good to hear that LEGO nailed these Marvel movie sets, after the awful-by-comparison IM3 sets. Oh, there's a Guardians sequel in 2017. We should probably expect sets from that when it comes out.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Okay now you convinced me to go watch the movie... i really like the sets and i am a BIG fan of the Star Lord and Rocket Comic's. but i tought the movie was a bit grose and filthy? is it all just awesomeness or did you think "Meh" at some parts?

Every frame was dazzling, it has a lot of humour and you really root for the characters as all of them are likeable and at times very heroic. Its quite unpredictable as it goes along as they aren't conventional heroes so you aren't that sure what they are going to do. The action is stunning and there aren't any huge city destroying super hero vs. villain fights unlike other marvel movies. There is some great action sequences involving spaceships, swords, guns e.t.c. Its easily the best marvel film I've seen and not only sets the groundwork for phase 3 but also is an exceptional and unique adventure on its own. There wasn't really any bit I can identify that made me go "MEH". I thought it was all excellent. There is some very brief swearing but only as much as you'd see in a 12A and star lord's middle finger is no longer censored by the obscene gesture screen display.

It's probably not too bad. This is just Disney's way of drawing attention to a Marvel franchise, and some of it is apparently very "action-movie", but it seems okay. I know if I watch it, though, I'll want all of the sets. And perhaps some adult content is in it, but I'm sure it's only a brief joke or two, and nothing to worry about. It's good to hear that LEGO nailed these Marvel movie sets, after the awful-by-comparison IM3 sets. Oh, there's a Guardians sequel in 2017. We should probably expect sets from that when it comes out.

Yeah only a couple of swear words. Nothing disturbing whatsoever. I agree the guardians line was very well handled compared to iron man 3. If they had done iron man 3 wave with such accuracy then it would be good. One thing I did notice. They downsized the necrofighters as in the film they are far larger and act also as shuttles for Ronan, nebula e.t.c.

Edited by legofreak86

I hope in the future (maybe for GOTG 2) we get Yondu and Korath, those were the two I really thought needed figs. And of course dark red Rocket and Collector. :cry_sad: I still think dark red Rocket could be released since the other sets didn't have exclusive minifigs. Toyark shows that he has leg printing not only feet but also details on the side! Collector unfortunately there is no hope.

Also, I found a really good idea for black suit Gamora, take Black Widow, give her lime green arms, black hands, Gamoras hair and head, and paint the flesh part lime green.

I hope in the future (maybe for GOTG 2) we get Yondu and Korath, those were the two I really thought needed figs. And of course dark red Rocket and Collector. :cry_sad: I still think dark red Rocket could be released since the other sets didn't have exclusive minifigs. Toyark shows that he has leg printing not only feet but also details on the side! Collector unfortunately there is no hope.

Also, I found a really good idea for black suit Gamora, take Black Widow, give her lime green arms, black hands, Gamoras hair and head, and paint the flesh part lime green.

I doubt we'll get Korath, considering he died. The Collerctor was a mistake to make an exclusive considering he will be back in future movies. Thanos still needs the Aether.

Future importance should mean that a variant of the character will appear in a set someday. Now I think LEGO used him as an exclusive as a teaser, because if he's that important, like Azog, he may appear in a regular set.

I doubt we'll get Korath, considering he died. The Collerctor was a mistake to make an exclusive considering he will be back in future movies. Thanos still needs the Aether.

Korath died? When?

Korath died? When?

well I'm assuming he died when Drax ripped out the implants in his head and he then slumped to the ground. And if that didn't kill him, he probably died when the ship crashed into the ground. I suppose he could be alive but it might be a little bit of a stretch.

Future importance should mean that a variant of the character will appear in a set someday. Now I think LEGO used him as an exclusive as a teaser, because if he's that important, like Azog, he may appear in a regular set.

It'd be nice to get him somewhere down the line so I hope you're right!

well I'm assuming he died when Drax ripped out the implants in his head and he then slumped to the ground. And if that didn't kill him, he probably died when the ship crashed into the ground. I suppose he could be alive but it might be a little bit of a stretch.

Oh, I forgot about that scene, that was epic.

I am going to see it today in IMAX 3D, the reviews are overly positive and from all my friends who got an early screening, they told me the lego sets were very accurate and that it is beyond amazing, best marvel movie ever, lot of fun, emotion, and action.

so excited!!

Okay, i've never seen so much positivity on a movie! guess im in for the ride then! :head_back:

One thing to note: Groot never gets really big in the movie, so the LEGO version of him is just way out of scale.

Also, I found this pretty cool picture.

rs_560x373-140801120829-1024.Guardians-Galaxy-Lego-Draz.jl.080114_copy.jpg

Edited by KingPixels

^That picture confirms (in my eyes) they should have used a dark bley color instead of the light bley. I see very little green in him like others debated before. Light bley makes the tattoos too noticeable. There really isn't that much contrast between them on the actual person.

While Drax is very green in the comics, the movie version is shaded very differently. After seeing the movie, I think the minifig is dead on. If the minifig was darker, then I don't think the detailed minutiae would be as easy to discern.

Just returned watching, best marvel movoe ever I did not want it to end, you will have fun and chills

Humorous, epic, emotional, it is a very fantastic film highly recommend it, 10/10

^That picture confirms (in my eyes) they should have used a dark bley color instead of the light bley. I see very little green in him like others debated before. Light bley makes the tattoos too noticeable. There really isn't that much contrast between them on the actual person.

I think the absolutely perfect color would be old grey. Unfortunately they don't make that anymore. Maybe someone could make decals and put them on an old torso?

Personally I think Drax is perfect, just for people that want it that accurate that's an idea.