CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

While I agree with a small set, they might split the pair just because it works in their favor in sales

Ah yes, good point :classic: as bad as it sounds that will probably happen, but we still get them!

i myself tought of the new Luke Skywalker hairpiece in white for Quicksilver:

20664716.jpgmji-fYGogLVOcEyC_w-OSmQ.jpg

Edited by kevkipo

I really don't think there will be sets of the real life TV shows, aka. Arrow, Agents of Shield and Flash or what's to come up. They will more likely stick to comics, as they do all the time except for the blockbuster movies, which the companies HAVE to promote.

So still bad news for Coulson ;) And unfortunately for Arrow and a dark red Flash, too...

Well you can't know that. It is up to Lego to use the spots that are left over from movie sets.

And you also don't know if they are increasing the number of sets they are going to release or not, Superheroes sets are selling like hot cakes.

I'm pretty positive that won't see sets based directly on DC's shows, but I'd say Marvel's Netflix line-up of Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones will at least have one accumulative set. They are far more "super" than the Agents of SHIELD and will fit in the relatively "child-friendly" Marvel movie tone more than DC's Arrow, Flash, Constantine, and Gotham do. Plus Netflix is a HUGE audience, probably moreso than the likes of ABC.

While I enjoyed Agents of Shield, it only brought in 5.4 million viewers for their finale. Despite watching every episode, they never explained why they continue to let the Avengers believe that Coulson stayed dead but was later returned from the dead days later.

I agree with Numbuh1Nerd that live action superhero shows likely won't get any sets. There might be comic sets that are influenced by the shows. Even then, Coulson is just a guy in suit. There is not much distinctive that they could do for the guy. Feel free to make a purist custom though.

If any show is likely to get a set, it's Flash. People know him, people love him and he's child-friendly

Edit- (Sorry I didn't realize which thread I was in this is why I think we should have kept both comics in the same thread for comparison reasons)

Gotham would be awesome, but Batman isn't even on it, so I doubt it (We get young Bruce in the show). That's definitely a more adult-oriented show obviously.

Edited by _epicster_

For Scarlet Witch i had this hair in mind:

avengers-age-of-ultron-header.jpgPoc025.jpg

Edited by kevkipo

I think Agents of Shield pretty much told us that Coulson survived Loki's attack in Avengers... someone mentions about how he'd changed since New York and it was kind of intimated at the time that he wasn't dead.

There's plenty of opportunity to get a Coulson but he's also incredibly easy to create a custom of if it's something you really need.

From what I understand he actually died. And that nick fury with the help of doctors brought him back to life using dr. Frankenstein type measures.

For Scarlet Witch i had this hair in mind:

That's the hair piece they're probably going to give her.

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

I doubt we get a Coulson, since he died in Avengers 1... that clearly means no Coulson, even if he is present in cartoons. I would not say no to him, but I - for me - do not need him as he is not a super hero, and would look like a random citizen next to Cap, Thor, Iron Man etc.

Ummm not to spoil things for you, but to quote Monty Python... He got better. I don't know if its found its way to Germany yet but the "Agents of Shield" TV show is centered around Coulson. How and why he got better is one of the shows ongoing mysteries.

I agree our best chance of seeing a Coulson fig does come from the cartoons. Just like we got Nick Fury in the Spider-Man set. Coulson appears in both the animated stuff, and now as a regular in the comics. Lego would not make an AoS based set, just not a good target market, and there is typically too much else that needs to go into an Avengers set. They are getting sort of crowded.

From what I understand he actually died. And that nick fury with the help of doctors brought him back to life using dr. Frankenstein type measures.

Thanks for letting me know. I wasn't totally sure but I just remembered something from the show.

Either way he's alive and well! ;)

Hulk in AoU has purple pant or some shade of purple, withe the Avengers logo some where on the pants.

QS could have the Owen Lars hair piece if they wanna get lazy.but in white.

Hulks pants also aren't ripped in the film - they're stretchy special ones - so it'd have to be a new mould

Hulks pants also aren't ripped in the film - they're stretchy special ones - so it'd have to be a new mould

I doubt they would make a new mould for Hulk.

As for Quicksilver, I would think he'll have clone wars anakins hair in White but if that doesn't look good, I will probably try Draco Malfoys hair in white.

The current mold is fine. I rather see Lego release some new big fig characters than waste their budget on redesigning the Hulk when he doesn't need to be remade.

I'm sort of doubtful we'll see another Hulk next year, considering we just got a variant this year. I don't see them pushing out another bigfig version while the previous year's sets are (likely) still on the market.

Honestly I'm somewhat dreading next year's sets. I worry we're going to see all AoU and not even get an Ant-Man or Yellowjacket figure, let alone Daredevil. Don't get me wrong, I want Ultron, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as much as anyone, but I don't need more Iron Men or Thors or the like.

For SW and LotR/Hobbit we get same main characters with diferent versions every year. So yeah we are getting and AoU Hulk (kids love Lego Hulk) and the other AoU versions of the Avengers.

We will se at least one USM set, and maybe something to tie into Ant-Man, maybe a AA set?

this is a good point I never thought about, I would hope for a new mold as we have 2 hulks already, how many of the same thing will Lego give us (thinks about Spiderman) never mind

but unless its red hulk or something its getting a bit old so a new mold would be good

Remember there will also probably be a marvel exclusive figure around May, since the last two years have been DC, and it would be the perfect time, just like hulk in 2012.

this is a good point I never thought about, I would hope for a new mold as we have 2 hulks already, how many of the same thing will Lego give us (thinks about Spiderman) never mind

but unless its red hulk or something its getting a bit old so a new mold would be good

After the Reddit ask me anything a few weeks back with a LEGO designer, I would rather the we didn't get a new mold for Hulk. The old one is fine and like the Designer said each set/ theme has a set amount of points which they can use for New molds, printed elements, parts in new colours, back Printing and so on. I would much rather LEGO focused their money on new characters like Ultron, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Falcon, Ultron adorned and the Hulkbuster. I'm sure LEGO will give us a new variant of Hulk ( new face printing, new skin colour or new shorts colour) but there's no real reason or justification for a new Mold.

I would imagine Avengers Age Of Ultron takes up a lot of sets. I mean Avenger wise and main character wise, breaking it down we have Captain America (AOU uniform), Iron man (MK43), Thor (TDW armour), Black widow (new red and black AOU garb with blue highlights), Hawkeye (new Hawkeye emblem long coat), Hulk (pale dull purple pants), Scarlet witch, Quicksilver, Vision and Ultron. Then there are supporting characters that seem too be in the spotlight such as Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Col Rhodes/warmachine. Then Baron Strucker who will appear maybe in one set judging by the end of TWS. Plus ultron's stark drones, The hulkbuster, Bruce Banner and Steve Rogers and maybe even Tony as he pilots the hulkbuster which I imagine would be brick built. Just with the drones, Hulkbuster, Avengers, other characters and villain that's at least 6 sets. Even with just the avengers themselves and ultron that's at least 5. I reckon it might go something like this:

January: 1 USM set (hopefully Coulson and another sinister six member) and 1 Avengers Assemble set (comic book iron man?)

April: 6 Avengers Age of Ultron sets: Including a £130 avengers tower.

There could be Ant man sets in July but I doubt there would be more than one. Especially considering TDW and TWS got no sets and the latter was one of the most popular, critically acclaimed of the Marvel movies since avengers.

I guess also there could be a set based on Agents of Shield in January if we are lucky as that's in the public eye and it would be very cool and a nice tie in to publicise the second series which will be in progress then. Just a set with LOLA and the team vs a bad guy like garrett would be awesome.