Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

While this has already been reported upon it is nice to get a confirmation I think. So on Friday my father went out to our local LEGO Store and picked up a Sea Cow and Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!!! to surprise me today. Anyway, the older manager at the LEGO Store told him a few things.

1) Possible early VIP release for Slave I.

2) May 2015 UCS is a TIE Fighter. Still no confirmation on the version, but he guessed the standard TIE.

3) UCS Millennium Falcon may be coming sooner than you think. Very vague about this, could honestly just be a way to quiet down people. If true I would expect it to release before Episode 7. But it's so vague, as said beforehand, I don't exactly trust it.

All and all, I hope all 3 are true, really would love the Slave I on Christmas day. I'ld be convulsing in joy.

I'm doubting this... If the employee said that he is breaking some serious rules.. And where did he learn that?

I'm still a fan of it, of course, and will pick up the set... Hopefully it can easily be modded into Plo's fighter!

But Plo's fighter is already a set, and you could surely get it off bricklink for less than the 50 bucks +taxes the Azure angel is going for presumably

Plo's fighter is regarded by many as the worst of the Delta sets, while the Azure Angel seems based on the build for Saesee Tiin's starfighter, which I really like. Plus, getting a new Ventress is nice, as is the astromech and Anakin. Turning it into Plo's ship is more about stripping it ofthe silly Azure Angel additions to make it a regular Delta-7B again, for use by Anakin or Plo or whoever.

Now I don't feel so bad for stupidly missing out on the Clone Lieutenant promotion online last year (I missed it by a day because I assumed it was the whole month not just the first half...). I'm really sick of Super Battle Droids though, I wish they were Geonosian Battle Droids instead.

So... is the Azure Angel a Clone Wars set? Why has it got normal figures, when it's based on Clone Wars material?

Now I don't feel so bad for stupidly missing out on the Clone Lieutenant promotion online last year (I missed it by a day because I assumed it was the whole month not just the first half...). I'm really sick of Super Battle Droids though, I wish they were Geonosian Battle Droids instead.

So... is the Azure Angel a Clone Wars set? Why has it got normal figures, when it's based on Clone Wars material?

Because it's based on the Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars, not the CGI Clone Wars.

Because it's based on the Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars, not the CGI Clone Wars.

Have they done sets based on the 2003 series before?

Does anyone based in the UK know when the winter wave will start to appear in shops and then on Shop@home site? I know we get them a few months before the US but cant remember when this was last year.

While this has already been reported upon it is nice to get a confirmation I think. So on Friday my father went out to our local LEGO Store and picked up a Sea Cow and Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!!! to surprise me today. Anyway, the older manager at the LEGO Store told him a few things.

1) Possible early VIP release for Slave I.

2) May 2015 UCS is a TIE Fighter. Still no confirmation on the version, but he guessed the standard TIE.

3) UCS Millennium Falcon may be coming sooner than you think. Very vague about this, could honestly just be a way to quiet down people. If true I would expect it to release before Episode 7. But it's so vague, as said beforehand, I don't exactly trust it.

All and all, I hope all 3 are true, really would love the Slave I on Christmas day. I'ld be convulsing in joy.

1) Not gonna get that one, but good for the VIPs

2) I hope not.......keeping my fingers crossed for Cloud City!

3) Good. I don't have the od set and I;m not gonna get a new version but I hate scalpers and a rerelease will hopefully make the old version less in demand.

Oh, the Azure Angel is so beautiful. The reasoning for releasing it 12 years after the show aired still boggles my mind, but better late than never I suppose.

Also, I would love a UCS TIE. My wallet, not so much, but me? Yes please. It's such an iconic ship and would go perfectly with the UCS X-Wing.

Oh, the Azure Angel is so beautiful. The reasoning for releasing it 12 years after the show aired still boggles my mind, but better late than never I suppose.

Also, I would love a UCS TIE. My wallet, not so much, but me? Yes please. It's such an iconic ship and would go perfectly with the UCS X-Wing.

I thought about putting the UCS Tie next to the UCS x-wing but so far everything UCS is minifigure scaled. Not to be too detailed but wouldn't it be somewhat off since the xwing is not minifigure scaled?

I thought about putting the UCS Tie next to the UCS x-wing but so far everything UCS is minifigure scaled. Not to be too detailed but wouldn't it be somewhat off since the xwing is not minifigure scaled?

Why would the UCS TIE be minifig scaled? The 9492 system scale one is basically minifig scaled as is the 9493 X-Wing... the UCS TIE should be a similar scale to the Red Five UCS X-Wing so will sit nicely next to it.

I didn't bother to get the UCS B-Wing but that was also a similar scale to the UCS Red Five.

I'm doubting this... If the employee said that he is breaking some serious rules.. And where did he learn that?

Different staff at different stores know different amounts of information... whether they share that is up to them.

I chat regularly with staff about upcoming sets and they've dropped hints at stuff over time... Either late last year or earlier this year there was mention of a Falcon which I mentioned on the board at the time... although it can be taken with a pinch of salt.

Some of them view forums to find out what's happening the same as us.

Have they done sets based on the 2003 series before?

well one could argue, as the v19 torrent original debut was on the 2003 Clone wars, but it also appeared on the 3d clone wars, so i guess you could count it as an old 2d clone wars set???

as for more sets about this series, well there sure wont be any more 3d clone wars sets with SW Rebels now in full force, no pun intended,as for the old cartoon series there isn't really anything more outstanding there that could make it into a set, the other candidate was the Ventress ship, but we already got that version of her in the azure angel so it would be redundant.

Edited by scorchfire

Why would the UCS TIE be minifig scaled? The 9492 system scale one is basically minifig scaled as is the 9493 X-Wing... the UCS TIE should be a similar scale to the Red Five UCS X-Wing so will sit nicely next to it.

I only assumed seeing as how they scaled the recent USC vehicles to minifigure scale

1) Not gonna get that one, but good for the VIPs

2) I hope not.......keeping my fingers crossed for Cloud City!

3) Good. I don't have the od set and I;m not gonna get a new version but I hate scalpers and a rerelease will hopefully make the old version less in demand.

No, it is a Tie Jedi Bendu. A reliable source posted that info. It is somewhat unorthodox given how recent the very good (and minifigure scale) system Tie was released, but I cannot say I'm surprised TLG would opt for such commercial decision.

I chat regularly with staff about upcoming sets and they've dropped hints at stuff over time... Either late last year or earlier this year there was mention of a Falcon which I mentioned on the board at the time... although it can be taken with a pinch of salt.

Oh, I'm practically convinced that UCS Falcon is upcoming given the streak of X-Wing and the announced Tie. For me it's more the question of how much are we actually getting ripped-off as there is no way TLG will pull 5000+ pieces in our times and this economy...

well one could argue, as the v19 torrent original debut was on the 2003 Clone wars, but it also appeared on the 3d clone wars, so i guess you could count it as an old 2d clone wars set???

as for more sets about this series, well there sure wont be any more 3d clone wars sets with SW Rebels now in full force, no pun intended,as for the old cartoon series there isn't really anything more outstanding there that could make it into a set, the other candidate was the Ventress ship, but we already got that version of her in the azure angel so it would be redundant.

Eh, the V-19 only 'sorta' counts, but given it only has a single clone pilot minifig, maybe it can squeak by :laugh:

Besides Ventress' fighter, the other major contender for a Microseries release would be the tiger-shark Gunship... but with such a recent Gunship release, that seems unlikely in the near future.

I only assumed seeing as how they scaled the recent USC vehicles to minifigure scale

None of the UCS starfighters are minifig-scaled, tho... for the Sandcrawler and Slave I, minifig-scale makes sense; for a TIE--any TIE--System-scale can be pretty close to minifig scale. "UCS-ing" it would just bring it up to a $50-$90 set, maybe, rather than the ~$200+ most UCS sets target. 9492 may not be big enough to recreate scenes in REBELS with two characters occupying the cockpit at the same time, but one in scale with the Red 5 X-wing would give them a ridiculous amount of elbow-room.

I see a lot of people talking about the minifig scaled UCS sets, and feel I should point out that very few have been at this scale (even currently only one is to minifig scale)

Ewok Village

Millennium Falcon

Imperial Shuttle

Slave I

Possibly also (though I’m not certain)

AT-ST

Naboo Fighter

P.S. the Sandcrawler is Microfig scaled (heroica figs)

So speculating that any new set will be at Minifig scale is really a shot in the dark (even if it’s what we want it to be :grin: )

I see a lot of people talking about the minifig scaled UCS sets, and feel I should point out that very few have been at this scale (even currently only one is to minifig scale)

Ewok Village

Millennium Falcon

Imperial Shuttle

Slave I

Possibly also (though I’m not certain)

AT-ST

Naboo Fighter

P.S. the Sandcrawler is Microfig scaled (heroica figs)

So speculating that any new set will be at Minifig scale is really a shot in the dark (even if it’s what we want it to be :grin: )

I doubt the ewok Village is minifig scale, the trees would be a lot taller, the at-st log trap is far too close to the ground, and so on. The UCS at St is way too tall to be minifig scale just the base of the foot is taller than minifig. The chrome UCS Naboo Fighter is very close to minifig scale tough

Does anyone based in the UK know when the winter wave will start to appear in shops and then on Shop@home site? I know we get them a few months before the US but cant remember when this was last year.

If the last few years are anything to go by then the last week of December/first week of the new year is a safe bet.

I hung onto my clone lieutenant from last year thinking that this would be a figure they wouldn't remake, at least for a few years. Turns out I was wrong, why even get the "exclusive" minifigs anymore it seems like Lego makes an "exclusive minifig and then puts in a set 6 months to a year later.

I am also getting sick of all these super battle droids, seems like they are in every other set now. Lego just likes to reuse old molds as many times as they can, starting to get a little annoying to be honest.

I hung onto my clone lieutenant from last year thinking that this would be a figure they wouldn't remake, at least for a few years. Turns out I was wrong, why even get the "exclusive" minifigs anymore it seems like Lego makes an "exclusive minifig and then puts in a set 6 months to a year later.

I am also getting sick of all these super battle droids, seems like they are in every other set now. Lego just likes to reuse old molds as many times as they can, starting to get a little annoying to be honest.

I'd be fine with the "exclusive minifig put in a set 6 months to a year later" practice continuing... it'd mean we'd get an actual KOTOR set with Darth Revan! :grin: Not to mention all the silly SDCC exclusives of fairly major (to comic fans!) characters like Phoenix, Bizarro, Shazam, etc.

I agree about the SBDs and BDs (I'm not even sure I have any of the former, and only a handful of the latter), since they're so limited compared to standard minifigs... they always seem like "cheap" filler (not far, IMO, from some of those early TCW sets like the V-19 with a single minifig), but that's mostly on Lucas for having cheap filler baddies; I'd much rather see those Vulture Droid Neimoidian warriors or any of the non-droid Separatist forces from the comics & books as fun minifigures than BDs, SBDs, Commando Droids, or even Droidekas.

That said, if they released BDs/Commandos with the new pistol-grip bent arm from the preliminary images of the AAT, I'd love to get a few. The 'straight arm' pose is one of my beefs with the regular BDs.

These look pretty good. The Hailfire Droid looks small, so hopefully it's not too expensive. I like that the Lieutenant is the polybag one with leg printing since I didn't get it last fall. I'd prefer 2 Geonosis BDs instead of 2 SBDs though. I love the Azure Angel, but am disappointed that there isn't a battle-damaged Anakin with a tattered white tunic with a gold hand. At least I have a C-3PO and a Golden Lloyd Garmadon. The Asajj figure looks cool. The design of the vehicle is nice. I'm guessing $30 but I hope no more than $40. I like ARC-170s so I hope there's a scale version soon, but I don't think I'll get the MF version since I don't love the pilot that much.

These look pretty good. The Hailfire Droid looks small, so hopefully it's not too expensive. I like that the Lieutenant is the polybag one with leg printing since I didn't get it last fall. I'd prefer 2 Geonosis BDs instead of 2 SBDs though. I love the Azure Angel, but am disappointed that there isn't a battle-damaged Anakin with a tattered white tunic with a gold hand. At least I have a C-3PO and a Golden Lloyd Garmadon. The Asajj figure looks cool. The design of the vehicle is nice. I'm guessing $30 but I hope no more than $40. I like ARC-170s so I hope there's a scale version soon, but I don't think I'll get the MF version since I don't love the pilot that much.

Considering the last couple jedi starfighters have been in the $25-30 price range, and this one is slightly bigger. I am guessing this will be a $35-40 set. Also my guess is that the hailfire droid is $25. Last winter we had 4 star wars sets at the $25 price range with 2-3 minifigs each. My guess is that the Skyhopper, AAT, Ezras Speeder and Hailfire droid will be the four to fall into that price range this year.

Oh, I'm practically convinced that UCS Falcon is upcoming given the streak of X-Wing and the announced Tie. For me it's more the question of how much are we actually getting ripped-off as there is no way TLG will pull 5000+ pieces in our times and this economy...

Im expecting the new falcon to be small, same piece count as the death star, maybe around 70% of the original ucs falcon, also with some play features

Edited by irispen

Face it, EU fans: Lego will not give you any of the things you asked for. Sales for TOR sets were never high, so why make even MORE obscure ones.

Although I disagree with you as to the possibility of EU sets(seriously, who would have expected an Azure Angel?), I would like to point out that the sets released were actually pretty obscure as they were, and not exactly the "faces" of SW:tOR. Were they to release something more recognizable, like an XS Stock Light Freighter, it would sell better simply because it "looks like the Falcon." The same for the Ebon Hawk.