Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

I can't look at those storm troopers. They just look wrong. Like a grotesque caricature of a stormie by Edvard Munch.

Can't you hear them whisper? "Kill mee...kill mee..."

And I do not understand why they made a senate trooper pack. Four years ago it would have been cool. And why do they invent a clone trooper unit that was never seen in a film instead of doing one that really existed. They could have made a 327. Star corps or galactic marines by using the new snow trooper molds.

And what about a rebel soldier battle pack?

Edited by Jacob Nion

These pictures confirm what I already suspected after seeing the prelims.. a big part of my Lego budget will not be spent on Star Wars next year.

75078 : When I first heard about the ITT, I was planning to buy mutiples of the battlepack, in order to expand my actual stormtrooper army .. platoon.. to a small batallion.

But though my stormies are already a motley crew, ranging from the 2002 yellow heads until the 2013 Endor battlepack version, I am not willing to put Droopy faces into the blend.. I just find them to far off.

75079 : I like those black guards... though not neceseraly to be used as SW figures.. 1 pack will be enough

75088 : Senate commandos?.. wtf are those? I am not realy a PT fan, but if they looked anything like the blue senate guards seen behind Palpatine in Phantom Menace I would buy a couple of them, but as they are represented here.. pass..

75089 : Geonosis troopers ... mmm, ok. I don't know what they have to do with SW, but parts of the figs might be usefull as military in general..

75090 : Speeder bike... only reason I was eventually interested in this one was because of the colorfull Mandalorian outfit.. but without the signature helmet, I see no reason to get this set.

75086 : droid carrier ; as said before; I am not really a big PT fan and have no need for a droid army.. I still have the 7126.. that is enough.

75084 : Wookiee gunship.. excuse me? What has this thing to do with the typical steampunk-meets-organic style of the Wookiee technology? Just seems a rehash of a republic gunship..

75080 : AAT .. a PT vehicle I do like, but I missed the Y2K one. I read a lot of complaints that it is to small, but I allways had the impresion that the CW version was to big. This one might even be at scale.. I ll have to see it build and depending on the pricetag / sale, I might get one for my little Theed setup. Wondering if there will be an update of the 7124 Flash speeder too..

75082 TIE prototype & 75083 AT-DP ; interesting and couple of nice minifigs. But no must haves though.. maybe if I find them on a good sale.. ( not likely in Belgium / Europe)

75081 : I missed the original one, so the T16 is a gap in my OT collection I want to fill. I am not sure what to think about the Tusken though.. I welcome the fact that the head is done with a new mold, giving details as the goggles and the spikes on the head.. but, at least on the pictures, it seems to big.. inflated.. a balloon head. I'll have to hold one in order to make a final judgement, but I am glad I kept my original 2002 Tuskens

Microfighters : this wave looks a bit bland compared to the previous one. I only like the design of the 75074 Snowspeeder, and it comes with a new variation of a rebel pilot / helmet..

Well, in 2015 I might get the Sandcrawler as a little treat for myself.. without feeling to guilty for overspending on Lego SW afterall

Edited by J.V.D.

I can only speak for the Lego store in my city, but they had the last winter SW wave in early December (perhaps even before that; I don't visit the store every day...). So there was ample time for Christmas shopping.

Maybe the capital's privilege :laugh:

Tyson's Corner?

I can't look at those storm troopers. They just look wrong. Like a grotesque caricature of a stormie by Edvard Munch.

Can't you hear them whisper? "Kill mee...kill mee..."

And I do not understand why they made a senate trooper pack. Four years ago it would have been cool. And why do they invent a clone trooper unit that was never seen in a film instead of doing one that really existed. They could have made a 327. Star corps or galactic marines by using the new snow trooper molds.

Yeah, it's a little strange, but keep faith. Lego will bring us more variations of the phase II clones. They will not waste the new stormtrooper helmet, Galactic Marines are just around the corner. :wink:

Tyson's Corner?

Lego Store, Berlin, near Wittenbergplatz. :classic:

75088 : Senate commandos?.. wtf are those? I am not realy a PT fan, but if they looked anything like the blue senate guards seen behind Palpatine in Phantom Menace I would buy a couple of them, but as they are represented here.. pass..

Clone Wars, not PT. They were introduced because the producers did not (yet) have the money to do the fully robed guys, so they created the Senate Commandos and used them extensively as security force for the Senators and Palpatine. Later they were supplemented by a partially robed Senate Guard variant. At the very end, they finally presented the Red Guard, which OT fans know as Royal Guard.

On the topic of the new Senate Commandos, I noticed that not only the legs and torsos were updated but the helmet print of the Captain too. I must say it is a change for the worse, I liked the old print better.

The set is a good army builder but an odd choice by Lego. Unless they make Rebels' appearence, which is technically possible since the Senate still exists, the Commandos are a rather obscure bunch now that TCW is no more.

I really hoped for normal stormtroopers, like those in the new ISD. And the old Tuskens are better, that's for sure :wink:

Overall it seems as though the piece-count erosion for the waves of kits continues apace.

It's the 75080 AAT that really proves it this time, as it appears to be in limbo between system scale and microfighters.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter to me for the continual piece-count erosion simply means more modding and that's fine. This is Lego, after all, use your spare pieces. With a few tan 2x4's you could elongate the saucer bit from the new 75080 AAT from the middle to display next to the old (first) AAT, 7155. I just built the 75052 over the weekend and it should be called, "The Mos Eisley Cantina Starter Kit." It shows you how to start building the cantina but you'll need spare bits or another 75052 to complete it. That would be frustrating if you didn't have a lot of extra tan bits lying around.

Anyway, great to see the high-res versions at last (don't care to comment much on the prelims) and I can see getting at least 75% of this fun wave. 75079, 75088 and 75089 look fun but seem to be thinly veiled attempts to recycle old molds in new colors... learning from Hasbro's Transformers playbook, eh TLG? ;)

Would love to know what the Inquisitor's face looks like. On the fence over the new Tuskins but they are sorely overdue.

Do you mean Rebel Fleet Troopers? We're a little overdue on them, but they're pretty cheap on BL so not a huge necessity (if you don't mind the older-style faces). With Episode VII, we might get new Rebel/Republic troopers... the show Rebels takes place too early for actual "rebel troopers" to be around, tho Alderaanian ships might be crewed by RFTs already (to repel pirate boarding parties, or so Bail Organa will claim if Imps ever question their presence).

75079 : I like those black guards... though not neceseraly to be used as SW figures.. 1 pack will be enough

75089 : Geonosis troopers ... mmm, ok. I don't know what they have to do with SW, but parts of the figs might be usefull as military in general.

75084 : Wookiee gunship.. excuse me? What has this thing to do with the typical steampunk-meets-organic style of the Wookiee technology? Just seems a rehash of a republic gunship..

Most of what you're confused by was in The Clone Wars, or at least meant to represent Clone Wars-era stuff, even if we never saw Geonosis-versions of Phase II or Airborne clones. It seems like a weird "offscreen" thing, as if they were STILL fighting on Geonosis near the war's end...

As for the Wookiee Gunship, it's from Rebels obviously... Also, is 14 years after ROTS, and it's a spaceship. We never saw a Wookiee spaceship in the films, a lot could've changed in that time. With Wookiees being persecuted in the Imperial era, it's also possible that the ship isn't of Wookiee design at all, but purchased/stolen by Wookiees out in the galaxy if Kashyyyk is occupied. They may have thrown a coat of paint on it, but that's it... its origins weren't explained at all in the pilot, it was just there at the end.

Fun fact. The aat in the movie actually has 4 droids opperating it: two gunners, a pilot and a commander that operates the main gun. On top of this it can carry 6 droids in to combat. So next years Aat will need some modding. This also means that an average aat carries more droids than this years mtt.

For people who are wondering how 500 pieces can be used on a droid carryer. Well, the one in the movie is designed to carry 112 droids and measures 27 meaters long. That's how.

Also, an AAT measures 10 meaters long and so this one is rather small.

Edited by The-Nexu

Wow, lots of negativity for this wave. I definitely don't feel that way. Pretty much everything coming out is on my wanted list, except the few PT sets.

Even the Rebels sets look well-designed and fun to build. The mini figures are all pretty cool, even the Senate Commandos.

Yeah, 2015 is starting off quite nicely in my book.

^I agree. And people need to stop saying, "This is ugly." "I hate this" "The Tusken has a balloon head." If you don't like it, don't buy it. Saying "I hate this" is not adding to a discussion; it's just obnoxious.

Anyway, does anyone think that we may get a second battle pack wave for 2015? I miss them doing that........and it would be great, so we can get some ROTS battle packs and some rebels.

Speaking of ROTS.......what gives?! Next year is the DECADE ANNIVERSARY, and we get no sets? I was at least expecting some BPs, but I suppose they are building up for an exclusive. What do you guys think?

Edited by LN-01354

Since you brought up ROTS' anniversary yet again, I say again to look at this year's sets! Jedi Interceptor, Vulture Droid, Tri-Fighter, Droid Gunship, AT-AP, V-wing, Battle on Saleucami, General Grievous' Bike, Utapau Troopers, Kashyyyk Troopers... all from ROTS! 10 sets (unless I'm forgetting some)... that's quite a bit of ROTS merchandise that'll still be on the shelves for most/all of 2015. While I wouldn't say there won't be any ROTS sets in the summer wave, I don't think it's strictly necessary; ROTS has been very well-represented recently. Dagobah and Bespin are far more glaring holes, and I'd rather see the 35th anniversary of TESB honored by a bunch of sets in 2015 beyond Slave I and the usual Hoth stuff than the 10th anniversary of ROTS

^I agree. And people need to stop saying, "This is ugly." "I hate this" "The Tusken has a balloon head." If you don't like it, don't buy it. Saying "I hate this" is not adding to a discussion; it's just obnoxious.

I agree with you... to a point. If the comment only says "I hate this" then you're right, it is just obnoxious, but if a member clearly explains his or her reasoning for the hate, I think it adds to the discussion. In fact, I'd argue that a detailed constructively critical comment actually adds more to a discussion than the usual "Wow, I really love this wave!"

Clone Wars, not PT. They were introduced because the producers did not (yet) have the money to do the fully robed guys, so they created the Senate Commandos and used them extensively as security force for the Senators and Palpatine.

The producers didn't have the money? You are aware this was a CGI show?

I wouldn't mind more battlepacks in the summer wave, although a few people would argue. One can never have enough soldiers to fill out their barracks (except the Death Star Gunners battlepack)

Anyway, does anyone think that we may get a second battle pack wave for 2015? I miss them doing that........and it would be great, so we can get some ROTS battle packs and some rebels.

when have they done 2 waves of battlepacks a year? i dont remember. I doubt we will get more battlepacks this year, 4 of them is more than we have ever gotten

making 3d cloth, and subsequently animating it so it runs fluidly and life like is very much more expensive than having static armors. That also explains why there was little to no hair movement on any character up until mid season 3, and the fully red robbed guard didn't make an appearance up until season 5

Edited by scorchfire

Since you brought up ROTS' anniversary yet again, I say again to look at this year's sets! Jedi Interceptor, Vulture Droid, Tri-Fighter, Droid Gunship, AT-AP, V-wing, Battle on Saleucami, General Grievous' Bike, Utapau Troopers, Kashyyyk Troopers... all from ROTS! 10 sets (unless I'm forgetting some)... that's quite a bit of ROTS merchandise that'll still be on the shelves for most/all of 2015. While I wouldn't say there won't be any ROTS sets in the summer wave, I don't think it's strictly necessary; ROTS has been very well-represented recently. Dagobah and Bespin are far more glaring holes, and I'd rather see the 35th anniversary of TESB honored by a bunch of sets in 2015 beyond Slave I and the usual Hoth stuff than the 10th anniversary of ROTS

Well, of course ROTS got a presence this year, since they tried to make way for Rebels next year. I just thought that they would include additional Battle Packs, or some small sets, since ROTS is still pretty unexplored. We could've had 501st, Felucia, and Mygeeto Clones, the Corellian crusier, Jedi Temple, Padme's Starship, Boga (which was hinted at), Yoda's pod, and many, many more.

when have they done 2 waves of battlepacks a year? i dont remember. I doubt we will get more battlepacks this year, 4 of them is more than we have ever gotten

Sorry, I was mistaken. I thought that BPs were released twice in 2012, but I was thinking of the Planets Line. But in any event, I still think it smarter to include some cheap sets in the summer wave, since I am sick of Summer being limited to $30+ sets.

Edited by LN-01354

He's not really wrong... it would've cost quite a bit to animate robes for Senate guards back then, if only because of man-hours needed to rig, render, animate, etc hanging cloth robes... Jedi skirts, Dooku's cape, & Cad Bane's jacket are one thing, but the kinds of robes required for the guards would've been difficult. It's one big reason why the Jedi didn't really have the hooded outer robes, ever-present in the films, until Season 5 in any big way. It was much simpler (and cheaper!) to just recolor clone armor blue and recast the guards as commandos, making a new helmet that also allowed for greater head motion than the movie guard helmets.

Well, of course ROTS got a presence this year, since they tried to make way for Rebels next year. I just thought that they would include additional Battle Packs, or some small sets, since ROTS is still pretty unexplored. We could've had 501st, Felucia, and Mygeeto Clones, the Corellian crusier, Jedi Temple, Padme's Starship, Boga (which was hinted at), Yoda's pod, and many, many more.

Most of those are at the edge of "unlikely" and "not at all". Padme's starship isn't really feasible as either chrome or even an entire ship of silver... the Jedi Temple is too large and, unless it's the Order 66 scene, too dull... the Boga was not "hinted at"; just because an animated version of it exists doesn't mean Lego is necessarily bound to make it (look at any of the Lego video games for that, particularly LOTR/Hobbit), the Corellian cruiser (you mean Bail's ship?) has far more potential as an Episode IV set than III where it just ferried Bail & the Jedi around, Yoda's escape pod might be kinda interesting but we just had a Yoda set with the Geonosis Duel. It'd be nice to see more 501st, and to see the new Snowtroopers turned into Galactic Marines, but Lego might thing all the recent 501sts from TCW sets cover that well enough, and the new Snowtroopers are too new; perhaps in a set in the summer, or a BP next year. Felucia clones, too, might be interesting to see, but all they did was walk around & shoot Aayla amidst a fungal forest that Lego probably wouldn't make.

Since this year had so many ROTS Battlepacks, it's not surprising at all that 2015's skipping ROTS, either. I wish there were two waves of 4 BPs every year, and 2 waves of 6 Microfighters as well, then maybe a lot of fans' wish lists could be covered in a reasonable amount of time.

Edited by Venkefedo

So far so good for me, Rebels is starting to grow on me and I enjoyed the first episode, however most of my SW LEGO budget will be going towards the UCS Slave 1.

So far so good for me, Rebels is starting to grow on me and I enjoyed the first episode

Same here... but it might be that I just had low expectations knowing how bad the early TCW was.

However, the AT-DP and Kallus were on my list long before I saw the show. Although the first episode did not really explore the full potential of this character, the very idea of a tough ISB-agent is very appealing to me. Also, his helmet (inspired by Imperial Gallic helmets I guess) is very appealing to me.

Most of those are at the edge of "unlikely" and "not at all". Padme's starship isn't really feasible as either chrome or even an entire ship of silver... the Jedi Temple is too large and, unless it's the Order 66 scene, too dull... the Boga was not "hinted at"; just because an animated version of it exists doesn't mean Lego is necessarily bound to make it (look at any of the Lego video games for that, particularly LOTR/Hobbit), the Corellian cruiser (you mean Bail's ship?) has far more potential as an Episode IV set than III where it just ferried Bail & the Jedi around, Yoda's escape pod might be kinda interesting but we just had a Yoda set with the Geonosis Duel. It'd be nice to see more 501st, and to see the new Snowtroopers turned into Galactic Marines, but Lego might thing all the recent 501sts from TCW sets cover that well enough, and the new Snowtroopers are too new; perhaps in a set in the summer, or a BP next year. Felucia clones, too, might be interesting to see, but all they did was walk around & shoot Aayla amidst a fungal forest that Lego probably wouldn't make.

I agree with everything you said. But to be fair, Lego's choices are not always easy to understand - at least for me. The AT-AP did very little in the movie, never even had a focused close-up; and Commander Gree's only notable moment was getting his head cut off when he tried to murder a fan-favourite from behind and in cold blood. Yet Lego chose that set and it seems to do well.

I also think RotS was rather well represented in 2014. We got some really amazing new minifigs for RotS e.g. Of course, I would have loved to see more, but realistically there are far greater holes in the Lego line-up.

I wonder why you make such unnecessarily snide remarks, but anyway... as other have explained already, animating robes is a challenging task and requires considerable resources (manpower and time). These don't come free.

The question is rather why they felt to need to animate them at all; I never saw the Red Guard move even just a tiny bit in TCW.

He's not really wrong... it would've cost quite a bit to animate robes for Senate guards back then, if only because of man-hours needed to rig, render, animate, etc hanging cloth robes... Jedi skirts, Dooku's cape, & Cad Bane's jacket are one thing, but the kinds of robes required for the guards would've been difficult. It's one big reason why the Jedi didn't really have the hooded outer robes, ever-present in the films, until Season 5 in any big way. It was much simpler (and cheaper!) to just recolor clone armor blue and recast the guards as commandos, making a new helmet that also allowed for greater head motion than the movie guard helmets.

1. So.....Jedi Temple is implausible, but Cloud City is?

2. Boga was hinted at in both the animation, and the fact that we got a wheelbike this year.

3. The Corellian Cruiser would be fine to do, since it is an entirely different ship, and I honestly would rather get Bail Organa instead of Captain Antilles.

4. Yoda's escape pod was, again, shown in The New Yoda Chronicles.

5. Your argument about the clones makes no sense.

6. Oh, so the Felucia Clones are background, just like Kashyyyk clones, Utapau clones, Death Star gunners, Neimoidian warriors, Buzz Droids, Boba Fett, Bossk, and practically 90% of all the minifigs that were released.

1. So.....Jedi Temple is implausible, but Cloud City is?

2. Boga was hinted at in both the animation, and the fact that we got a wheelbike this year.

3. The Corellian Cruiser would be fine to do, since it is an entirely different ship, and I honestly would rather get Bail Organa instead of Captain Antilles.

4. Yoda's escape pod was, again, shown in The New Yoda Chronicles.

5. Your argument about the clones makes no sense.

6. Oh, so the Felucia Clones are background, just like Kashyyyk clones, Utapau clones, Death Star gunners, Neimoidian warriors, Buzz Droids, Boba Fett, Bossk, and practically 90% of all the minifigs that were released.

1. Cloud City is far more plausible than the Jedi Temple... not necessarily as some giant set, but as scenes? Definitely. There's the Ugnaught junk room, there's the Carbon Freeze chamber, there's the pivotal "No, I am your father" scene... the Jedi Temple has possibilities, but overall is just a place for meetings & lessons.

2. Animated Boga and a Grievous Wheelbike that already includes Obi-Wan isn't exactly a 'hint'.

3. The Corvette is different enough to perhaps warrant a whole new set, but it'd be a pretty hefty set for something not really involved in any iconic scenes... pivotal, perhaps, since the fate of the twins is decided on the ship, but it can't really compare to the intro to ANH and Vader's introduction.

4. So far, Yoda Chronicles sets have focused on Jek; if Old Jek visits Dagobah and hops in the pod to leave (or something) in a new episode, then maybe there's a chance. As an ROTS-based set, tho, there's little chance anytime soon; Chewie and Tarfful have already been released.

5. Not sure which part doesn't make sense... there are a couple sets still on shelves that have (TCW-style) 501st clones, so that might be why they skipped them for the ROTS packs; the Snowtroopers just came out, so it's not surprising that they didn't do up a new Galactic Marine set for Winter 2015 as it'd require a different production run of the helmets either in dark red w/ white print on the front, or white w/ dark red print on the bucket. I'm not even sure they can deliver that kind of print successfully...

6. Felucia Clones would need something to support, probably. The Kashyyyk BP supported the AT-AP and Droid Gunship, while the Utapau BP supported Grievous' Wheelbike. I'd rather see them in a set with Aayla, but what would be the build in such a set? Another giant walker? That's no fun. My point about them being 'background' is mainly that, as clones, they do nothing aside from kill Aayla and ride in a troop transport... I'd rather get Neimoidian Warriors who are incredibly different & more visually interesting than yellow-trimmed kama-wearing clones in a sea of other Crayola clones.

Edited by Venkefedo

Hello Chaps!

Do you think that these new sets are in mass production? Or design department can make changes until the release date?

I really want those Rebel Helmets be white instead gray.

Best Regards.