Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

I like it! Those Wookies look really cool; great detailing. I'm looking forward to the Rebels cartoon if we get to see stuff like this. Definitely on my Wanted List.

Regarding the design. I must agree the ship is a drastic departure from the organic-looking vehicles the Wooks used in ROTS. One of the coolest things about the Kashyyyk battle was the dichotomy of technology of the Separatists vs. the Wookies. This ship looks like it came from KDY or Incom, not a handmade Wookie craft. Hopefully Rebels will give us an explanation. The ones offered in this thread are sound (technology evolution/importing), and I'll be curious to see how close to the mark they are.

Ok according to Rebels visual guide the gunship is made by Appazanna Engineering Works on Kashyyyk. It is made with indigenous Wookie design along with their well known craft Oevvaor Catamaran and Raddaugh Gnasp flutter craft.

It's a Auzituck anti-slaver class gunship with 3 Sureggi twin laser cannons.

"Since the Empire invaded Kashyyyk, those left in the Wookie military must now focus their efforts on battling slavery. Wookie gunships, custom painted in traditional clan designs, are sent on assault and rescue missions.

The darker Wookiee looks almost demonic.... :tongue:

And since those extra green studs are there, it looks like those guns will be able to fire them.

Yes! A new type of rapid-fire shooter is what I've heard... Very interested to see the mechanism. The hand-held stud shooters must have been a success for them to release this.

More Wookies is obviously great, but at that price I'd want at least one or two more Wookies. As it is, unless I really end up like the new Rebels show, I can't see myself getting this one. I probably can't even use the parts at te moment either.

This is definitely one to pick up on sale - $10 overpriced is too much for a non-movie set, especially since Robbles has yet to prove itself as a series. The design is cool though, and the Wookiees are good. Definitely a better set than the Ghost, aka $90 multicolored cow patty.

I like it and I don´t like it (if that makes sence :blush: )

I agree on much what people here has said about the set being too expensive and the gunship doesn´t look really SW. Yes it is overpriced and I won´t buy it even if it has wookies.

The craft looks good to me but I feel it could belong in an other theme and with little modding it would make a great gunship in an not SW moc.

Overall good set, btw when is this Rebels series coming out or is it already?

Sometime in October I think.

The Rebels will air in fall.

EDIT: Ninja'd by K-nut.

Edited by Captain Settle

The Gunship looks awesome. Nice colour scheme, lot of play fatures and amazing figs. :wub: Wulffwarro stands out compared to his crew (he also seems to wear black gloves), generic Wookies are very solid figs and Kanan is a good minifig (I wanted to get him since firce pictures but wasn't interested in Ghost), he also has correctly coloured hair this time. :sweet:

The Wookiees are really nice, but I'm really not interested in the gunship, I think it looks rather incomplete and small especially considering it's 60 dollars. I probably pass, but I'm looking forward to hearing about the other 2015 sets soon.

Edited by North Lego Star

Yes! A new type of rapid-fire shooter is what I've heard... Very interested to see the mechanism. The hand-held stud shooters must have been a success for them to release this.

I'm sure it'll be a huge improvement over what they would've done a couple years ago — a Technic beam or wheel filled with 'rapid fire' flick-fire missiles connected to a primitive pusher mechanism that wasn't really effective at transmitting force and was in some awkward-to-reach position such you couldn't really fire the missiles that quickly, and once you did manage to empty the clip, both the wing of the set and your fingernail felt like they were going to fall off. :tongue:

It looks like a nice set, and if it was an Agents set (for 20€ less), I would probably even buy it. But it just doesn't fit into my personal SW universe. Like the whole bunch of Rubbles so far.

I'm going to reserve judgement on this until I see some other photos. Wookiees are always good, but it looks like it's part of the Galaxy Squad range, or perhaps that's just me! :look:

Why argue it? We simply all need these new wookies. No Lego room can be without them!

And the ship looks like a good fun build.

Seems a lot of talk about a shop for which we have little to no info on. I quite like it, I'm sure it has its place in the story and hopefully the set reflects that, sometimes not always the case with Lego.

For those interested in REBELS, I took my son to Batman Day at. Barnes & Noble and instead stumbled onto the SW REBELS VISUAL GUIDE book. He's been drooling over the series ever since he's seen the trailer, so we sat down and thumbed through the whole book.

The reason I'm sharing is that, besides the Ghost and Wookie ship, there were other vehicles previewed in the book that I bet will most likely show up as sets in the future. There was also a AT-BP (Battle Pod, I think), which is a variant of the AT-ST & had a new pilot design, speeders not unlike those in the Clone Wars (with that strange disk-like base in front of the rider), and an Imperial Freighter ship. Traditional TIEs and Star Destroyers will figure into the series as well.

Also, it's worth noting that, at least according to the book, the Inquisitor will be piloting a TIE Advanced, just like Vader's in the OT.

For those interested in REBELS, I took my son to Batman Day at. Barnes & Noble and instead stumbled onto the SW REBELS VISUAL GUIDE book. He's been drooling over the series ever since he's seen the trailer, so we sat down and thumbed through the whole book.

The reason I'm sharing is that, besides the Ghost and Wookie ship, there were other vehicles previewed in the book that I bet will most likely show up as sets in the future. There was also a AT-BP (Battle Pod, I think), which is a variant of the AT-ST & had a new pilot design, speeders not unlike those in the Clone Wars (with that strange disk-like base in front of the rider), and an Imperial Freighter ship. Traditional TIEs and Star Destroyers will figure into the series as well.

Also, it's worth noting that, at least according to the book, the Inquisitor will be piloting a TIE Advanced, just like Vader's in the OT.

Yup. I have mentioned the SW rebels visual guide a few times now. It's a great wealth of info and indicator of future Lego sets. ;)

Yup. I have mentioned the SW rebels visual guide a few times now. It's a great wealth of info and indicator of future Lego sets. ;)

Yessir. I think the Freighter and Scout Walker are a given to show up as sets.

Finally, after all these years we are seeing original sets, and not remakes that are meager in size and quality compared to their previous versions. The minifigures look very detailed with some thought put into them as well, with some nice pieces within the ship itself.

Of course the price is a problem, but I have reason to believe that it will only be temporary. Last year with the AT-AP walker, its price was revealed to be $70 USD, yet because of an unknown explanation it was lowered to $60 USD, so it's possible that it could be lowered. However, last year's set was a remake with nothing other than the figures being spectacular. Since this is an original set in all aspects, the price could remain the same, but we can hope.

EDIT: Aw man, I was ninja'd on the idea of the set's price, what a bummer. But you know what they say, great minds think alike.

Edited by Darth Nader

Finally, after all these years we are seeing original sets, and not remakes that are meager in size and quality compared to their previous versions.

Perhaps you're just referring to OT, but LEGO has been putting out new material stuff for years. Clone Wars has had lots of stuff, and the Old Republic sets are of course unique as well. Many of the best Clone Wars sets were the unique materials like the Coruscant Gunship and Cad Bane's Speeder (price aside).