Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Yesterday at Target -

*snip*

Looks like Snowspeeder isn't selling too well.

As a designer, you know you are doing it wrong when.... :grin:

No but seriously, besides those ugly miniguns that replace the real things engines, it really is Disneys fault for making the design so boring/bland and on top of that not even really showing the speeder in the movie/giving it a cool scene completely for itself, like a chase or something. I mean if it has nearly no movie presence, why would children ever want to have the thing? It can barely be called Merchandise, since its barely part of the movie.

And then they even created a 2nd version and made it part of the microfighters....

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks

Yesterday at Target -

*snip*

Wow! Shelves full of duplicates of a set for a vehicle that hardly appears in the movie! :tongue:

I think it's more of an issue that has basically 1 minifigure in it 3 times, and no special characters.

Edited by deskp

Yep. Lack of airtime and repetition in the minifigs saps the desire for this set pretty quickly. And then a micro version has appeared! I think the microfighter will seriously harm sales of this set, I will certainly pick that up for the snowtrooper and give the bigger one a miss.

Just think, in a few months, they'll go on massive clearance, and we'll be able to stock up on mostly common parts and barely seen Snowtroopers.

Edited by rollermonkey

Here's a look at the Stormtrooper Sergeant polybag. Spoiler alert: it's not very interesting. :sad:

23739212190_1f46597d78_z.jpg

Thanks for the review! :thumbup: Nice set, but not really worth picking up unless its free, since there are 4 of these in a cheaper set. The pauldron looks nice though, might get some if I see it

Just think, in a few months, they'll go on massive clearance, and we'll be able to stock up on mostly common parts and barely seen Snowtroopers.

Months? I already seen it on clearance at Wal-Mart for $30. (Along with other SW:TFA sets.)

Thanks for the review! :thumbup: Nice set, but not really worth picking up unless its free, since there are 4 of these in a cheaper set. The pauldron looks nice though, might get some if I see it

Printing on legs and helmet is NOT identical to that on Rebels stormies in other sets. The differences are small, but they still make this minifigure unique.

Printing on legs and helmet is NOT identical to that on Rebels stormies in other sets. The differences are small, but they still make this minifigure unique.

The Mouth on the Helmet is shorter than on the regular Rebels Stormtrooper.

Yesterday at Target -

Now why would a vehicle that didn't appear in the movie not sell so well? It's the same way at my Barnes & Noble, there's stacks of the things. Just more discount fodder for me to build up my FO Snowtrooper forces with.....

Edited by Junior Shark

ReysSnowspeeder.png

There! Straight from the DK visual dictionary. Let's get rumors of a "UCS Rey's Snow Speeder" started already. You know it will be coming :p

Now shut up and go and buy the damn things! ;)

Sarge

Can spot the differences here. Subtle.

I've got 3 of these stormie sergeants (they were free with my local newspaper!) but I've never noticed these differences before!

ReysSnowspeeder.png

There! Straight from the DK visual dictionary. Let's get rumors of a "UCS Rey's Snow Speeder" started already. You know it will be coming :p

The speeder is shown when Rey and Finn enter in the reactor, it is on its door, the scene before the death of that characterOr do you think they walked from the millennium to the reactor in 5 minutes from that far?????

sorry I did see two times in 2 days...

Edited by Mr Meleca

The speeder is shown when Rey and Finn enter in the reactor, it is on its door, the scene before the death of that characterOr do you think they walked from the millennium to the reactor in 5 minutes from that far?????

sorry I did see two times in 2 days...

The visual dictionary also has a photo of

snowtroopers searching the inside of the falcon

- I bet the snowspeeder would have featured here too.

Ps. The film will have been out for a fortnight in a couple of days - can we ditch the spoiler tags then? At my work, you've got three days to watch any TV shows before spoilers are fair game!

we got it!!!!!

The visual dictionary also has a photo of

snowtroopers searching the inside of the falcon

- I bet the snowspeeder would have featured here too.

Ps. The film will have been out for a fortnight in a couple of days - can we ditch the spoiler tags then? At my work, you've got three days to watch any TV shows before spoilers are fair game!

Done. :grin:

I already seen it on clearance at Wal-Mart for $30.

Edited by samuraiturtle

Here's a look at the Stormtrooper Sergeant polybag. Spoiler alert: it's not very interesting. :sad:

I think he's "cute". Yeah, probably shouldn't be the thing which comes into the mind first but, that's how I feel.

I think he's "cute". Yeah, probably shouldn't be the thing which comes into the mind first but, that's how I feel.

All minifigs are cute!

All minifigs are cute!

That they are, I think BB-8 is a contender for the cutest of the cute!

Is this thread now officially dead? I for one would still like to be able to use it as a place to discuss the sets we got during 2015.