Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

the idea of do not let the designers have an image of the ships made these terrible lack in the designs. Also, they are overpriced.

I think I will pass Kilo Ren Shuttle and the transporter.

they will be redesigned anyway in few years

the idea of do not let the designers have an image of the ships made these terrible lack in the designs. Also, they are overpriced.

Never be too sure, these can be the only ones they ever make.

Lego will probably release updated version of Shuttle as part of Ep 8 sets in May 2017.

I honestly doubt it. We don't know kylo rens fate in this movie

I honestly doubt it. We don't know kylo rens fate in this movie

I hope that the movie is in a coen brother fashion. Man, we need that kind of movie.

I am a little disappointed that they didn't change the interior of the Millennium Falcon a bit more. I mean in all honesty there isn't that much difference between this one and the 2011 one.

As I've stated elsewhere many times, this is incorrect. The era of remakes is over, definitively - there is a new Star Wars movie coming out every single year. The only slots not taken up by battlepacks, Rebels sets, sets for each year's new film, and microfighters will be filled by keeping the OT and little bits of the PT still alive in the line. Zero time or need to rehash Episode VII sets when there are dozens of things to make for Rogue One and the Han Solo movie and Episode VIII and Episode IX... Don't think you will get a chance to score a better version in a few years. It ain't happening.

Got the Millennium Falcon set and MAN...do I love that thing! Granted, I never owned the older version, but this is just spectacular!

Here's a link to some pics I took of the set and the figs.

Millennium Falcon (75105) - Review - Flickr

Not the most comprehensive or best pics I've ever taken, but gives you a good once over of the main parts.

Gotta say, this set, Poe's X-Wing, and the Transporter sets are the best of this wave, in my opinion. The FO Tie was good, but not as quality as the others. Kylo Ren's shuttle was okay, but I'm not sold on it being as iconic or as great a build as the others. Plus, still am dissappointed in the Kylo Ren fig, as well.

I will also add that I'm loving the addition of more diverse character figs into the SW landscape (female officer fig, an African American FO figures, Finn, female baddies, etc.).

I was reading the Brickset review of 75101 Special Forces TIE Fighter and noticed this:

IYw7wj0.jpg

I though it might have been an error as it has the same torso as the female First Order Officer from 75104 Rylo Ren's Shuttle. I checked other pictures/reviews, it's not an error.

That minifig is either supposed to be a woman or TLG mistakenly gave that officer a feminine torso. Not a big deal, just thought I'd point it out.

Saw a video by JangBricks showing a modded Kylo Ren shuttle and decided to try it out. I'm away at school with limited pieces, so nothing extra was used here. I merely took peices off, and reattached where the upper technic liftarms are braced to the frame. The angles aren't PERFECT but I love the way it came out. Looks so much cooler on display this way. I feel like Lego could have easily made this a feature in the set, even if they designed the set before the teaser.

uCGBlKa.jpg

JrFBNmV.jpg

Could someone perhaps post a pic of Kylo Ren wearing the black skirt piece from the 2008 Asajj Ventress fig? I'd love to see how it looks with the tattered cape and helmet and hood.

As I've stated elsewhere many times, this is incorrect. The era of remakes is over, definitively - there is a new Star Wars movie coming out every single year. The only slots not taken up by battlepacks, Rebels sets, sets for each year's new film, and microfighters will be filled by keeping the OT and little bits of the PT still alive in the line. Zero time or need to rehash Episode VII sets when there are dozens of things to make for Rogue One and the Han Solo movie and Episode VIII and Episode IX... Don't think you will get a chance to score a better version in a few years. It ain't happening.

Aside from a UCS version, I agree.

I've now built the three largest sets, and I can say that I truly love them. :wub: The builds are impressive and the minifigures are some of the best from Star Wars. The only real problems with these sets are the prices.

I love the hats used on the First Order officers and General Hux, but I also sort of wanted to give Hux a hairpiece to switch out between. Any ideas for what would work best? I tried the classic male hairpiece in orange and Obi-Wan's hair, but neither looked very good.

I've now built the three largest sets, and I can say that I truly love them. :wub: The builds are impressive and the minifigures are some of the best from Star Wars. The only real problems with these sets are the prices.

I love the hats used on the First Order officers and General Hux, but I also sort of wanted to give Hux a hairpiece to switch out between. Any ideas for what would work best? I tried the classic male hairpiece in orange and Obi-Wan's hair, but neither looked very good.

Obi-Wan's ROTS hair is probably the best choice given the fact that, from what we've seen, Hux ears his hair in a very similar fashion.

Speaking of hair pieces, whats a good Poe hair piece? I've been having a really tough time pinpointing which piece would look best.

Obi-Wan's ROTS hair is probably the best choice given the fact that, from what we've seen, Hux ears his hair in a very similar fashion.

Speaking of hair pieces, whats a good Poe hair piece? I've been having a really tough time pinpointing which piece would look best.

21047443198_33a4fe8828.jpg

Black mutt hair seems to look perfect IMO.

Edited by IronFish

I was reading the Brickset review of 75101 Special Forces TIE Fighter and noticed this:

I though it might have been an error as it has the same torso as the female First Order Officer from 75104 Rylo Ren's Shuttle. I checked other pictures/reviews, it's not an error.

That minifig is either supposed to be a woman or TLG mistakenly gave that officer a feminine torso. Not a big deal, just thought I'd point it out.

Keen observation. Maybe it is a woman? Hard to say but it'll be strange that he has the cinched waist if he is male. Maybe he's just that slender

Keen observation. Maybe it is a woman? Hard to say but it'll be strange that he has the cinched waist if he is male. Maybe he's just that slender

I'm pretty sure it is a female indeed - I believe that only female minifigs have eyelashes.

I'm pretty sure it is a female indeed - I believe that only female minifigs have eyelashes.

He doesn't have eyelashes. Nor lips(ick) wich female legos has.

He is just part of lego's new trend (wich is despise) of also giving males thin waists. they are totaly betraying the minifigure itself.

With the female they are making a point of the gender and it follows a standard. with the males its just bad.

Darth Maul and Kylo ren also has this going on.. Hate it. arg.

My bad. They are slightly different torso prints, check out the collars, belt height and obviously breast pockets.

BVCM5C6.png

I guess he just has a thin waist ;)

Edited by afolaus

He doesn't have eyelashes.

Maybe it is a "he", but it clearly DOES have eyelashes. They are clearly visible in the photo above... Maybe they are man's eyelashes...

As I've stated elsewhere many times, this is incorrect. The era of remakes is over, definitively - there is a new Star Wars movie coming out every single year.

Er...remakes where in this years wave and we have Obi Wan's fighter and the droid escape pod out in January.

Better luck next time.

I don't think the era of remakes is over. That is a statement as valid as saying, Lego won't be making Western sets or Pirates sets anymore. Even M-tron remakes have a slight chance of being done, wouldn't say never, wouldn't say definitely.

I'd say it will take 10 years to see these remade (unless the same crafts show up in E8 or E9), and that waiting period is not uncommon. Take a look at some E1 sets and how long it took them to update them:

Naboo Starfigher (System) = 8 years

Sith Infiltrator = 8 years

Gungan Sub = 13 years

Battle Droid Carrier = 10 years

Flash Speeder = 15 years

MTT = 7 years

AAT (tan) = 15 years

Anakins Podracer = 12 years

Of course in Disneys hands there is much more going on with movies, TV etc., you're correct about that. But then, on the other hand, Lego is making much more SW sets these days than 10 years ago. So there is a chance all these will be remade one day. I would say it's a matter of time to see these done, but we were always talking about a long time. 10 years is a long wait (at least to me) to wait for a toy.

Maybe it is a "he", but it clearly DOES have eyelashes. They are clearly visible in the photo above... Maybe they are man's eyelashes...

Seems more like droopy eyelids than eyelashes to me. Eyelashes would point upwards.

I bought Poe's X-Wing and the Millennium Falcon on Force Friday and I finally found some time to build them on Monday.

I love the X-Wing. It's so sleek and refined and... wow. It's just perfect. The model is weighty - it feels like you get your money's worth. I do wish some more figures would've been included, especially considering the price. Leia would've fit here perfectly.

...and if rumors are true about Poe's friendship with Leia, then it's even more baffling as to why she isn't in the set.

The only other real criticism I have are the tails of the engines. The connector that holds the rubber bands makes it impossible for the axle to fully be inserted, so the tails sag a bit during mad swooshing sessions.

The Millennium Falcon is also pretty great, even if I already own the 2011 version. The proportions are fixed (to an extent), and the added detail to the exterior is welcome. The interior looks much better, with tan bricks and a more cluttered designed - though I'm not sure how I feel about the sporadic stacks of tan log pieces. I don't know what those are meant to represent... Boxes? Maybe?

The fact that Finn is only in this set (and that he doesn't even have his lightsaber) is... unacceptable.

How hard would it have been to include him in the TIE Fighter in his dirtied Stormtrooper armor? And a variant of Poe as well!

Overall, I love the sets, but I'm not sure how they'll fare with kids. They're all around $10 too expensive, the main characters are spread thinly across the wave, and the play features are pretty boring. Most of them are just "open the cockpit!" and "shoot the lasers!" I don't have kids though (and I don't know anything about them), so I could be wrong. :grin:

No it's jsut the eyeshape, loads of lego figs got that going on.

Heres an image of "aunt" Owen Lars for you to compare.

Owen Lars