Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Can any one comment as to whether the female resistance fighter's head is new to this set or if it's been used before?

The head is definitely new unless it's been used outside of the Star Wars theme.

Here's a look at the Millennium Falcon set!

20986570319_fec225680d_z.jpg

21163127412_82128aa6ac_z.jpg

20986574319_ca2f8dafce_z.jpg

20552273803_bd7e2930fe_z.jpg

20552277753_56aa721154_z.jpg

20985487948_22680ed2a2_z.jpg

20986582959_ae81cf735d_z.jpg

21163139442_7521b63860_z.jpg

(for bigger photos, check out the link to my Flickr photostream in my signature)

I think this set is better than the 2001 one. Sure, the interior and exterior are pretty similair, but the interior here is more detailed in my opinion. I like how the board game is printed on a shield, that's a great piece! And then the figures here are fantastic. Finn is my favorite, and his hair piece is phenomenal and longgggg over-due. Old Han looks funny but accurate, and the bowcaster piece is another awesome new and exclusive mould.

It's been a tough couple of days but I'm staying strong and have managed to resist any of the new sets.

Please can someone remimd me when the next OT set is released as all this unboxing lark is making me twitchy.

I just finished building the new X-Wing. It was a fun build. I'm impressed with how well it is put together. It was a hard decision as far as which of the new sets to pick up. I attached a side-by-side comparison with the previous X-wing. The black and orange one seems to age Luke's X-wing. Makes sense.

It's a thing of beauty and solid design that's for sure. The only thing I wish they could have done better is use grey or even black rubber bands for the wing mechanism. The blue stands out like a sore thumb. And even though I do like the slick black/orange color scheme I suspect the colors will look a lot more muted in the film, particularly if you look at the Hasbro model of it. Not that Lego have those colors in their inventory.

That Transporter looks soooooo much better than I was originally anticipating. The loading ramp and interior are fantastic!

Picked up the Falcon and Rey's Speeder, and I gotta say I'm so happy with both! Rey's Speeder is fantastic. Simple build, fun little door function, and the Rey minifig is so nice.

The Falcon is ridiculously good. 100% worth the price, and the figs are great. BB-8 is so tiny and adorable! And Finn is so much better than I first thought. No doubt that they'll make a new Lando in the future.

Now having it in hand, Kylo's helmet is growing on me. The figure does look better with the hood, but the helmet isn't terrible.

Edited by eric729

The Transporter is a good looking set, I'll give you that. I don't think it's work $90 though, especially when Poe's X-Wing is cheaper and (I think) better.

Four more figures for $10. I think that suggests that the X-wing is a poor value.

Maybe if you're the sort who measures a set's entire worth by its minifigure count, but not everyone subscribes to that line of thinking.

It's a thing of beauty and solid design that's for sure. The only thing I wish they could have done better is use grey or even black rubber bands for the wing mechanism. The blue stands out like a sore thumb. And even though I do like the slick black/orange color scheme I suspect the colors will look a lot more muted in the film, particularly if you look at the Hasbro model of it. Not that Lego have those colors in their inventory.

The blue rubber bands stuck out for me as a strange choice too. Fortunately, it's an easy fix. I can't wait to see it in action in the movie - though hopefully it's not wrecked in the first minutes never to be seen again.

Edited by Rand Holindale

I just finished building the new X-Wing. It was a fun build. I'm impressed with how well it is put together. It was a hard decision as far as which of the new sets to pick up. I attached a side-by-side comparison with the previous X-wing. The black and orange one seems to age Luke's X-wing. Makes sense.

image.jpgimage.jpg

God bless you man!!!

I'll do some pictures of the X-Wings when I get the chance, but just right now, I will say the Poe's X-Wing is several studs longer than 9493, but other than that, the general dimensions are about the same.

Please do, and thanks in advance.

Also did compare the new Tie fighter to the older 9492. Their dimensions are the same, but the new one uses alot more parts in the cockpit area which makes it heavier. Also, new wing connection is sturdier.

21169248565_378a170dbe_o.jpgtiecompare2 by mordatre, on Flickr

You are the best guys!

Edited by Nom Carver

Maybe if you're the sort who measures a set's entire worth by its minifigure count, but not everyone subscribes to that line of thinking.

I actually don't. I'm really more of a builder than a minifig guy, but my time here has shown that a LOT of people here are minifig obsessed.

There's only @80 more pieces from the X-Wing to the FO Transport, which at $10 more, some would say is too much for too little, but we also know figs tend to be high-cost pieces, so 7 figs in the FO ship versus 3 and a very simple 2-piece droid in the X-wing would generally considered a pretty sizable gap in the set's values for many people.

How many people thought Rey's Speeder was going to have 4 figs? Quite a few. Most of the speculation about figures in sets was way off, and always higher.

Either way, I suspect that the FO Transport may turn out to be very popular, even if just because it has more army builder potential than many, if not most non-BP sets over the past several years. Plus, having a few landing craft would quickly reach a point where an awesome invasion vignette could be created.

Edited by rollermonkey

The blue rubber bands stuck out for me as a strange choice too.

Lego rubber bands are color coded, like Technic pins, axes and gears. Only the blue ones are proper size.

How does he/she even have it?

It was already given away at some event and available from a couple of Legoland stores worldwide.

Edited by Vodnik

I actually don't. I'm really more of a builder than a minifig guy, but my time here has shown that a LOT of people here are minifig obsessed.

There's only @80 more pieces from the X-Wing to the FO Transport, which some would say is too much, but we also know figs tend to be high-cost pieces, so 7 figs in the FO ship versus 3 and a very simple 2-piece droid in the X-wing would generally considered a pretty sizable gap in the set's values for many people.

How many people thought Rey's Speeder was going to have 4 figs? Quite a few. Most of the speculation about figures in sets was way off, and always higher.

Hi,

"Always higher" is something I recognized too. Most of these comments to future pricing and minifig counts are only wishes and they have nothing to Do with the real world.

People always say: "Whao, will cost 20$ and contain figures X, Y, Z and holefully some new alienpiece and and and....(-;

Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle becomes more and more mysterious. Aside from the wing-issue, I have seen images of different coloured models. There are white ones, the grey LEGO version, and a pitch black model here:

https://thecantina.starwars7news.com/index.php?attachments/6102036511775-jpeg.13511/

Will it change colour? Has the concept art of Kylo's craft changed over the last year? I certainly hope LEGO is close to the movie version.

Had a close up look at the Poe and X-wing pilot minifigures, partcularly their helmets. If my Aurebesh is correct (which I think it is), the nameless pilot has "MOTHER" written on his helmet, whereas Poe's helmet has "ROCHAL" written on the side. A quick google reveals Rochal is a Polish village - anyone know any more about this?

Kylo is growing on me, i love that he just has a regular head underneath, normally i'm in for helmet's but he looked so much cooler with hood

I'm bricklinking him when the time comes! and off course Rey and BB