Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Well, to be honest I wasn't expecting that and I'm surprised that they haven't taken the catalogue down yet! I think it's fair to say that the cat is well and truly out of the bag, so perhaps they've just given up...

And, please can we keep this thread focused on the actual sets rather than the cost of them! I do appreciate that the differences between countries can seem rather 'odd' but it's just something that we've got to live with :classic:

http://www.geekster....uttle-review-2/

According to Geekster on Twitter and Reddit, this review is officially endorsed by TLG, so hopefully it's okay to post here.

The review itself is pretty lackluster, if I'm honest. Bizarre complaints and things like that.

Lot of these sets look boring, that's just my opinion though :shrug_oh_well:

Lot of these sets look boring, that's just my opinion though :shrug_oh_well:

Personally, I think all of these sets look fantastic.

I was just pointing out that the review itself was boring to me.

The pictures aren't that great, and neither is the commentary.

I guess I was expecting more based on how much they hyped up the review on Twitter and Reddit.

Well, there it is, looks like a mod is in my future :classic:

Shame about the wings, but the set still looks interesting to me so I'm very much looking forward to this one - it's got a unique look to it. I actually like all the dark grey, as well.

Jay C has a review of the Snowspeeder up, heres the link:

Not the best review IMHO, the lighting was especially poor..

As for the set, waaaaaay to many stickers, and it looks pretty bland in the brick TBH, i do like the "skirts" on the snowies.

According to Geekster on Twitter and Reddit, this review is officially endorsed by TLG, so hopefully it's okay to post here.

The review itself is pretty lackluster, if I'm honest. Bizarre complaints and things like that.

thanks for the link. As for review itself, I quite enjoyed it, but it reinforced my not so positive thoughts about set. Plain looking, feels incomplete without landing gear,not enough space for the minifigs, little bit overpriced . But it's nice to see some great minifigures, especially Kylo Ren. So overall thoughs on this set: only get it for the minifigs. As much as I'd like to get Kylo Ren minifig, I am going to wait till January wave and see if he is included in other sets. So for September 4 I am going to stick to my original plan: buy set with Captain Phasma, and small set with Rey.

I love that the review manages to skim over the most talked about feature almost completely - namely do the wings fold into the V shape - not showing any photos of the wing mechanism at all!

The review is ****.

I mean:

– The proportion of the shuttle versus the figurines isn’t correct.

No...really? I guess the Lego ISD, Death Star and Falcon will get a - (minus) as well then! :sceptic:

And why so few pix of the ship itself?

The review is ****.

I mean:

No...really? I guess the Lego ISD, Death Star and Falcon will get a - (minus) as well then! :sceptic:

And why so few pix of the ship itself?

You'd think that they would take a picture of the ship alongside the minifigs if they were going to make a complaint about how it isn't scaled properly.... :wacko:

Jay C has a review of the Snowspeeder up, heres the link:

5:40: "It's called a snow speeder, but it's not what you'd think of....... it's more of a land speeder for the snow." Making it..... a snow speeder? :laugh:

That is a terrible review of the Kylo Ren Command Shuttle... they mention the wings can fold down but there is no picture of that, even though the wings folding is one of the most discussed topics about it for weeks... Anyone have a link to better pictures of the folded down wings mentionned there?

I love that the review manages to skim over the most talked about feature almost completely - namely do the wings fold into the V shape - not showing any photos of the wing mechanism at all!

from what I understood from this review wing don't fold out.

The problem with both of these reviews is that the people were so desperate for their review to be the first out there they simply rushed it, which is a shame actually as we could have had two excellent reviews.

from what I understood from this review wing don't fold out.

Quoted from the "review" : You can fold the huge wings downwards. This doesn’t work with a hinge, they just turn straight down. They go back up with a nifty, well thought-out handle.

They used a DSLR and a tripod but their images are blurry and noisy as hell. It looks like they used their smartphones to capture some fast shots of the ship before TLG takes it away from them.

Edited by cookiemonster

Comparing the colour of the villain ship's posterior exhausts with those seen of the shuttle in the trailer (red vs yellow) may provide another hint that these are two different crafts altogether - and we may not need to worry about the perceived lack of wing functionality.

Well, looks like I'll be heavily modifying the set if the wings really don't fold down. We already knew that they extended upwards.

Still, I'd like a definitive answer from one of the few people who own this set. Why do they seem so incompetent?

The review did mention that the wings fold down. I'm guessing it's just bad wording on their part, but still misleading.

still cannot see the folded down they mentioned in the "review".

That's probably because he's talking about how the wings fold downwards and upwards, not OUTwards like everyone seems to be focused on. It's even demonstrated how they fold down and up with the handle (probably a knob) in the video. Looking at the construction I sincerely doubt they fold outwards.

Comparing the colour of the villain ship's posterior exhausts with those seen of the shuttle in the trailer (red vs yellow) may provide another hint that these are two different crafts altogether - and we may not need to worry about the perceived lack of wing functionality.

The trailer shuttle or w/e it is also doesn't have those flaps/extensions underneath the wings like the set does. Or perhaps the movie version not only has wings that fold outwards, but also has wings that extend away from the hinge mechanism.

Edited by khatmorg

That video above pretty much nails the coffin shut.. the wings do not fold down into a V-shape like the ship seen in the trailer. I am now almost certain they are indeed two different ships. Makes you wonder why that ship that is prominently shown in the trailer did not get a set though.