Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

So are all these NO mini figures legit Lego or are they knockoffs made in Siberia? If they are indeed legit, how are the sellers getting their hands on them and selling without Lego swinging the legal hammer down on them.

It's been discussed a few pages back in this thread but these stolen minifigs have most likely come from the Lego factory in Mexico. The Ebayer seller in question is located in Texas ie. across the border from Mexico so I don't think it is too much of a stretch to speculate where he/she got them from.

Because its supposed to be the next Shop@Home exclusive. Sets sold directly through Lego VERY rarely ever get leaked pictures. Its only the ones that are part of the regular retail wave or are exclusive to stores like Toys R Us and Target. There is a nice animated video on Lego's website that gives a nice preview of what to expect. You can watch it here (titled Battle of Hoth)

http://www.lego.com/...starwars/movies

Thanks for that. Hm, it's as I thought. TLG is going to rehash ad nauseam the external elements that have been done n times before instead of giving us a UCS-type internal structure. I can't fathom why they can do a terrific job with Endor (EV) and they don't seem to be able to apply the same formula for Hoth...

On a positive note, gate looks better than 7666 and I like the "snow" elements in front of the turrets. Shield generator is decent, but on the other hand ion canon is ridiculously undersized. I seriously hope they won't include Wampa and Luke in it, they have absolutely nothing to do with Echo Base...

I'm not convinced that the video shows the actual UCS set. It would be very unlike TLG to slip up and reveal an UCS set by accident in an animated video, and what the video shows doesn't exactly scream UCS... (IMO).

On the flip side, not sure exactly how they could turn Echo Base into a great UCS set at a reasonable price point, fingers crossed they come up with something amazing.

I'm not convinced that the video shows the actual UCS set. It would be very unlike TLG to slip up and reveal an UCS set by accident in an animated video, and what the video shows doesn't exactly scream UCS... (IMO).

On the flip side, not sure exactly how they could turn Echo Base into a great UCS set at a reasonable price point, fingers crossed they come up with something amazing.

I hope this isn't a slip up and something truly UCS is on its way :wink:

Ok guys... Who says the Echo Base is going to be part of the UCS? The Ewok Village wasn't even part of the UCS (not listed by LEGO as UCS and didn't have the UCS-logo on the box). It's just a large Star Wars set.

Even if its not technically part of the UCS, its still a Lego exclusive high end playset along the lines of the Death Star and Ewok Village. Based on whats seen in the video, the set does feel a little underwelming and incomplete. Its not quite the "definitive" Echo Base set it should be.

I think what would improve it for me is if the base itself was a little more substantial. Keep the main gate as the centerpiece, but expand the control center to also include the infirmary and bacta tank. The other side could include the Tauntaun pens and some power functions to operate the main gate. Think the 2011 Echo Base split in half with the main gate in the middle.

7879-1.jpg?201106010207

The First Order Ground Crew has showed up on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/...=item2ee3e95ace

Like it or not, seems this is the way we'll get the figure when the sets hit shelves.

The sets and figs that have leaked so far are great. As said: I'll get them 'Whitney Houston style' (All at Once :laugh: )

The only negative thing for me is that there are no aliens with unique new headmolds. I was hoping for Maz Kanata and her goons. Hopefully we'll get them in the january 2016 wave.

Then, there's this minifig. The printing is minimal. Even 30+ year old figs have more interesting printing.

And that helmet. WTF? How can he see in that thing? And why the fleshie head? A black one would.ve been so much better.

The worst SW minifig ever.

(even though I guess we shouldn't blame LEGO.....but the Lucasfilm artist who came up with this idea (In case this is an exact copy of the movie helmet)

I think the video does show parts of the UCS set (or at the very least large play set) but not the whole thing and they might be hiding a few more surprises and parts of the sets for a big reveal later

098e09af451f6957cb6ee56f4fbe198e.png

Or perhaps you like this one better...

41fSdhRw-mL._SY300_.jpg

Edited by General Magma

I would have to agree, I watched the video and I don't think it will be a UCS set. There just isn't enough there to justify it as UCS. It may be a regular set not unlike 75014 Battle of Hoth from 2013. The Ewok village certainly qualifies itself as UCS as it is substantial. (though I don't own it... :sadnew: )

Edited by Wodanis

Then, there's this minifig. The printing is minimal. Even 30+ year old figs have more interesting printing.

And that helmet. WTF? How can he see in that thing? And why the fleshie head? A black one would.ve been so much better.

(even though I guess we shouldn't blame LEGO.....but the Lucasfilm artist who came up with this idea (In case this is an exact copy of the movie helmet)

The helmet could have an HUD on the inside, or maybe it's just meant to be like a really dark-tinted visor, great visibility from the inside, but opaque to people looking at him.

The uniform could be pretty plain in the film, too...sleeker than the jumpsuits used by the Imps of old. In that case--in most black-suited Imp cases--I don't mind the plain black legs. Wrinkles for wrinkles' sake don't really interest me. Definitely not the worst SW minifig ever.

*snip

AAAAAAAH! KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE! Dunk it in acid! Throw it down the garbage disposal! :sick:

(I actually like the Anakin you posted... I mean, he's still got the silly TCW-face, and is kinda plain by today's standards, but I always loved the Season 1 armor he & Obi-Wan wore...helped make it look like Vader's later armor didn't just materialize outta nowhere)

Edited by Lobot
Please don't quote images :-)

I would have to agree, I watched the video and I don't think it will be a UCS set. There just isn't enough there to justify it as UCS. It may be a regular set not unlike 75014 Battle of Hoth from 2013. The Ewok village certainly qualifies itself as UCS as it is substantial. (though I don't own it... :sadnew: )

There are quite a few things in that video. I believe I can figure out ~2000 pcs from what we saw. Two turrets, snow wall, ion canon, shield gen, gate with mechanism, control room, utility vehicles. And of course, TLG wouldn't pass up an opportunity to give us YET ANOTHER snowspeeder :wall: Add to that compulsory snow troopers with machine gun and I believe you easily have 2000+ pcs for a large playset (for purists out there :classic: ).

The Hoth set hasn't even been unveiled and yet judgment on the size of the set is already made

So with the recent variant of the OT stormtrooper coming with the advent calendar (previously available in the Star Destroyer & UCS Slave I),

does anybody have a probably-accurate estimate for how much he'll end up costing on BrickLink,

perhaps judging by minifigures that used to be exclusive to expensive sets only to be put into an advent calendar (or a cheaper set) later on?

Edited by General Magma

So with the new variant of the OT stormtrooper coming with the advent calendar,

Pardon my ignorance, but isn't the stormtrooper the same as in the latest Star Destroyer and Slave I?

Or do you mean how much will that price be reduced?

Edited by lomis

Or do you mean how much will that price be reduced?

I think he means that. Now it'll be available in something under $50, so that might have an effect on the aftermarket prices (which can only be a good thing). I know we got Rebels Stormies in a nice cheap BP, but it'd be great to revisit OT Stormies in a similar setting... but we'll probably see First Order stormies (or Snowtroopers or Flametroopers) in BPs before that ever happens.

I think he means that. Now it'll be available in something under $50, so that might have an effect on the aftermarket prices (which can only be a good thing). I know we got Rebels Stormies in a nice cheap BP, but it'd be great to revisit OT Stormies in a similar setting... but we'll probably see First Order stormies (or Snowtroopers or Flametroopers) in BPs before that ever happens.

Sadly we may not even get FO stormtroopers that easily. The first wave only has 2 Stormtroopers in one set the FO Transport set. So we will get plenty of specialty troops and not nearly enough of the plain stormtroopers.

Sadly we may not even get FO stormtroopers that easily. The first wave only has 2 Stormtroopers in one set the FO Transport set. So we will get plenty of specialty troops and not nearly enough of the plain stormtroopers.

Yeah, but there's hope with BPs in January (assuming that's when the reported "hero BP" is released...I imagine there will be a villain BP as well, tho probably not 4 FO stormies--more likely a mix)

I'm not convinced that the video shows the actual UCS set.

The gun turrets include spring loaded missiles, none of which I believe were even 'fired' in the video. Seems odd to include them without purpose since they look so clumsily out-of-place.

Well lets not forget, its a video, there could be lots more to come that we didn't see.

The Hoth set hasn't even been unveiled and yet judgment on the size of the set is already made

I am not passing judgement, just stating that from what we saw in the video, a similar count piece as in another very large playset (read: EV) can be deduced and would fit in nicely as its replacement. Now a question for you: how much value to the overall discussion do you believe your short comment added?

The gun turrets include spring loaded missiles, none of which I believe were even 'fired' in the video. Seems odd to include them without purpose since they look so clumsily out-of-place.

Exactly, besides, dismissing that video seems unreasonable given TLG history of video "leaks" (dewback, microfighters, advent calendar anyone?). I am fairly certain that what we saw is what we get, I just pray that there would be more of the actual base they kept as a surprise (and that they don't try to shove Luke & Wampa down our throats for stupid marketing purposes...)

Edited by Spyderlord

I'm not sure, but look what i found...

Edited by Lobot
Please don't embed confidential images :-)