Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Actually...I think they may reveal them.

I really hope you're right.....but why would they do that?

Earlier this year it was forbidden to take pix of the new sets at the german and UK Toyfair....and those sets were 'non-spoiler' sets.

The TFA sets are out late september according to the Amazon listings. That's 5 (!) months away.....and every set will be a spoiler.

I mean: the only official TFA thing Disney has released is the trailer (and some digital tradingcards). No doubt a new trailer (and maybe some extra pix) will be released at Celebration, but revealing the TFA Lego sets means all the major TFA ships (besides the already shown speeder, X-WIng and Falcon) will be spoiled at once.

Spock would say: That's not logical. (But I hope Spock and I are wrong)

I really hope you're right.....but why would they do that?

Earlier this year it was forbidden to take pix of the new sets at the german and UK Toyfair....and those sets were 'non-spoiler' sets.

The TFA sets are out late september according to the Amazon listings. That's 5 (!) months away.....and every set will be a spoiler.

I mean: the only official TFA thing Disney has released is the trailer (and some digital tradingcards). No doubt a new trailer (and maybe some extra pix) will be released at Celebration, but revealing the TFA Lego sets means all the major TFA ships (besides the already shown speeder, X-WIng and Falcon) will be spoiled at once.

Spock would say: That's not logical. (But I hope Spock and I are wrong)

Yeah that's a really good point...I also forgot that there's the SDC in August (?) and that's probably a more likely date for them to show the ep VII stuff...I do hope I'm right lol if not though..maybe we get all the rest of the constraction figures/sith infiltrator pics? I think that'd be pretty awesome

Maybe the new trailer will show enough of the ships and characters that the LEGO sets are based off? (being very optimistic here)

Maybe the new trailer will show enough of the ships and characters that the LEGO sets are based off? (being very optimistic here)

Yeah, exactly..that's why I was guessing it's possible....but...disney has been annoyingly keeping everything secret for so long..it would only make sense for the sets to be fully revealed in August at SDC....I HOPE epvii sets are revealed at SWC...but who knows.....I, for one, greatly dislike all this secrecy surrounding the film. It gives me very little to think about in regards to the film...why is it such a big deal to know what ships will be featured in the film for example? I dunno, I'm probably in the minority, but it still annoys me. Also raises massive expectations of the film.

Yeah, exactly..that's why I was guessing it's possible....but...disney has been annoyingly keeping everything secret for so long..it would only make sense for the sets to be fully revealed in August at SDC....I HOPE epvii sets are revealed at SWC...but who knows.....I, for one, greatly dislike all this secrecy surrounding the film. It gives me very little to think about in regards to the film...why is it such a big deal to know what ships will be featured in the film for example? I dunno, I'm probably in the minority, but it still annoys me. Also raises massive expectations of the film.

No, you're not in the minority (I'm with ya regarding this).

I (and many others) expect a trailer at SWC (and who knows? Maybe there's more).....and I bet May 4 will also have a TFA surprise (the poster?).

Also, it's almost a year ago since the cast was revealed.....so I expect they'll announce the cast of Rogue One soon (besides Felicity Jones).

There will likely be a trailer, but I can say with certainty (although I can't reveal how) that we will see some reasonably substantial TFA-related stuff at Celebration.

That's what I'm guessing. Maybe we'll see Episode 7 sets there based on scenes from the trailer... But maybe I'm being hopeful.

There will likely be a trailer, but I can say with certainty (although I can't reveal how) that we will see some reasonably substantial TFA-related stuff at Celebration.

Would this include a Lego set unveil?

Would this include a Lego set unveil?

I don't know. But I can say with certainty that we'll see at least one of the new characters (not necessarily in Lego form) with a fair amount of detail.

I don't know. But I can say with certainty that we'll see at least one of the new characters (not necessarily in Lego form) with a fair amount of detail.

Probably

Rey or Finn

in that case

Something would be nice, perhaps they may tie it in with the new Lego Dimensions product?

There's no way that Star Wars is in the game, unfortunately.

I don't see why they would try to hide the sets for any longer. I mean, they will be on store shelves a few months before the movie comes out anyway, so.....I'm sure that the new trailer will show more ships/characters that the sets will be based on, so it wouldn't spoil much.

I'm just getting a bit frustrated that there is nothing to talk about.

I don't see why they would try to hide the sets for any longer. I mean, they will be on store shelves a few months before the movie comes out anyway, so.....I'm sure that the new trailer will show more ships/characters that the sets will be based on, so it wouldn't spoil much.

I'm just getting a bit frustrated that there is nothing to talk about.

I think they're trying to drip feed the hype...

Showing a couple sets from TFA won't spoil the plot, and they need to try and stay ahead of leaks. There are a crazy number of rumors out there, along with purported concept art, etc. Revealing a few sets might be a good idea to make sure those leaks don't steal the thunder from Disney's official events.

Showing a couple sets from TFA won't spoil the plot.

Agreed.

If I recall correctly - Kenner released a Mace Windu figure and a STAP and Battle Droid set well before The Phantom Menace was released (in 1998?).

From my point of view these sets didn't have any impact whatsoever on spoiling the movie for me.

The other thing that bothers me about all this secrecy is the fact that a film isn't just a plot...there are a TON of other factors that make a film worth watching..acting, symbols/metaphors used, subtexts, camera shots/angles....plot is just one piece of a good thing..and sometimes it doesn't help the movie out in any way...all Disney is doing is raising expectations to an even higher level than TPM....anyway, that's just off topic. My apologies.

Yeah I think the human ones (Luke, Obi) look pretty terrible in the facial deptartment, but Darth, Grevious look pretty good, so hopefully Boba will look good as well.

Edited by will

That Greivois figure looks excellent, the construction figures work well with droids and robots but when it comes to human figures they look awful.

My god Grievous is menacing and looks fantastic. Obi looks pretty cool as well. What happened with the Luke fig? Looks horrible compared to these two.

Also, it says in the WSJ article that the other two figures are Jango Fett and Commander Cody...all four will be revealed tomorrow (the four remaining ones I mean)...but...Jango Fett? Really? I'm really looking forward to CC.