Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

but back to Lego: does anyone know if the part used for the windows of the DS2 Throne room will be a new mold?

No. They use the same mold from the Inquisitors Tie, with a different print. They could be quite interesting for MOCs.

Yeah, I've got them, but I've said I wasn't allowed to share. Maybe soon.

EDIT: This site I'm on right now has the blanked out boxes for the EP 7 sets. Are they worth posting? Nothing new other than the sizes of the boxes I guess.

Which site is that? (I want to see some pix :) )

As for the new Death Star, well...;) I'm sure there won't be one for years. Why?:

1) This set was for so long on production line.

2) New one is going to make significant changes on the whole collectors market.

3) TFA is coming and if there's gonna be huge LEGO base in upcoming years it will be rather the one from new film.

Actually, has anyone considered that Star Wars Ep 7 might see the Empire stupidly building a third Death Star? If so, then the current playset could be getting an update to feature the new locations? By making the Emperor's throne room as a separate set this year, it would allow this room to be swapped out for something else.

Or alternatively, the Rebels TV show (which I admittedly haven't seen anything of) might possibly see attacks being made on the first Death Star while it was under construction and additional scenes might be needed for that.

Also, someone suggested a few posts back that the playset might get a closed shell round it like the UCS Death Star II. I did try building a mod of that set in LDD to make it the first Death Star, and was very surprised to see it still clocked in at ~3000 pieces, there is no way Lego could do this and keep the set at a reasonable price.

Edited by NathanR

When do you guys think we'll get the name of TFA sets?

And is there any difference in the design of the TIE-fighters in TFA and the ones in the OT?

If not I'm absolutely buying at least a pair of TIE-fighters (if that's one of TFA sets...)

Again, not sure if they're worth posting, but here are the box sizes.

Blank Constraction figure boxes are on the site too, not sure if those are wanted. No names.

Edited by CM4Sci

Actually, has anyone considered that Star Wars Ep 7 might see the Empire stupidly building a third Death Star? If so, then the current playset could be getting an update to feature the new locations? By making the Emperor's throne room as a separate set this year, it would allow this room to be swapped out for something else.

That is the worst idea I ever heard, if they go for a third death star they are really going to loose me, regarding to the set idea, that seems to be very unlikely especially since there are still many locations that deserve the "special release" treatment (sets such as ewok village and the death death star) like the senate building, jedi temple, yavin IV rebel base, and cloud city, besides the throne room set doesnt seem to be made to fit inside any structure.

Looking at the throne room set 75093 there's no way that's a modular set designed to integrate into a future set. I also highly doubt another Death Star will be produced anytime soon - unless its smaller. 10188 had a whopper of a price point. I tend to believe, also, that the size/number of rooms was perfect for the set.

Yes - maybe a smaller Death Star maybe with fewer rooms (three floors rather than one) and I can totally see them going with outer coverings but at least keep in mind that if it increases in piece count it's going to be really freakin' difficult to move around. I don't know about ya'll but when I go to lift my 10188 for display, play or cleaning I need all my concentration to lift and settle it down gently... also it helps to clear a walking path and destination table space first. It is gargantuan. Not going to be easy to move a larger Death Star around. Just my two bits. I also believe that TLG may be more interested in getting more Death Stars sold to more people... so if they can pull one off at a $350USD price point, doesn't it stand to reason they'll sell more of them than if they produce a $550-$600USD Death Star?

I was always hoping some Star Wars MOC genius would put out instructions on how to cover up 10188's to look like Death Star I. Has anyone ever seen etcknight's MOC of a cross between 10188 / 10143? It's a beaut. You can see the encouraging results here and here.

On the topic of the Sith Infiltrator 75096 I understand we aren't allowed to post images or links to "confidential images" content.

There was a link to a German Star Wars Lego page a few posts up... try poking about over there under Collector's Guide / Lego Star Wars / Sets / 2015.

FYI - they just show the figures, not the ship / full box image.

Edited by darththeling

If TFA introduces a third Death Star..... :sick: Seriously, I'd lose faith in the entire series.

same...rebuilding a first time is one thing...rebuildimg a second time is borderline stupidity

Regarding a Death Star III in TFA:

There isn't a Death Star in TFA....however; there's a Superweapon in the movie....

In this thread is all the information regarding 2015 LEGO Star Wars sets that we have collected. Discuss the 2015 sets here!

*snip*

Edited by Lobot
Please don't quote entire posts, thanks!

There isn't a Death Star in TFA....however; there's a Superweapon in the movie....

Oh come on....where did you hear that? That is utterly disappointing if true...I really hope the obsession with those stops there.

Regarding a Death Star III in TFA:

the castle and perhaps a second weapon as well.

Oh come on....where did you hear that? That is utterly disappointing if true...I really hope the obsession with those stops there.

Jason Ward from the MakingStarWars website. A VERY trustworthy source.

I think the unknown very large set of January 2015 can be removed :wink:

Ironically, the death star sized set that was supposed to come out might actually be the Death Star. But just not this year.

Jason Ward from the MakingStarWars website. A VERY trustworthy source.

Ugh...well I'm not pleased to hear that at all...that is in no way a new idea

I was hoping the conflict between the Empire and Rebellion would be more complex...super weapons just gives the Rebellion another video game boss..it's ridiculous...why can't there be a good military strategist? Captain Phasma could've played that role...or at least helped in some way...then the Sith would be an external threat to both parties....this is disappointing. It's too simple for the Empire to again be associated with the Sith, if this is what is being planned.

it seems that TFA is a lot like ANH...including Han going Kenobi (dying)

it seems that TFA is a lot like ANH...including Han going Kenobi (dying)

Yeah....um...I don't mind

Han's death idea, because it makes sense and HF always wanted his character to die

, but the other one...just annoys me. I suppose we'll see....but I'm not liking the idea that this is possibly

a knock-off of ANH

AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! I thought we overcome the spoilers age a few pages back, can we please focus on the new sets, I come down to this topic looking after some good trustworthy news and find this DS 3 discussion kind of ludicrous.

What about the infiltrator? I only saw a reference to an image of the lineup an a blank box reference pic, is there any chance we see it before its release?

Edited by Nom Carver

AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! I thought we overcome the spoilers age a few pages back, can we please focus on the new sets, I come down to this topic looking after some good trustworthy news and find this DS 3 discussion kind of ludicrous.

What about the infiltrator? I only saw a reference to an image of the lineup an a blank box reference pic, is there any chance we see it before its release?

Well...there's nothing new to discuss...spoiler tags have also been used..I too want to see that Infiltrator. Nothing.

Han's death idea, because it makes sense and HF always wanted his character to die

, but the other one...just annoys me. I suppose we'll see....but I'm not liking the idea that this is possibly

a knock-off of ANH

I don't think it's going to be ANH knockoff. Yes there are going to be similar themes and yes some people are going to die. But ultimately TFA is about tying OT to the future. Closing some stories and opening many new ones and I think the sets we get this year will reflect that.

a knock-off of ANH

"It's like poetry, so that it rhymes. Every stanza rhymes with the last... Hopefully it'll work" -Geoege Lucas :tongue:

Edited by montyofmusic

I was hoping the conflict between the Empire and Rebellion would be more complex...super weapons just gives the Rebellion another video game boss..it's ridiculous...why can't there be a good military strategist? Captain Phasma could've played that role...or at least helped in some way...then the Sith would be an external threat to both parties....this is disappointing. It's too simple for the Empire to again be associated with the Sith, if this is what is being planned.

It's partly more complex, because the rumor is that one superweapon belongs to the Alliance... and Leia, the rumored leader, has to deal with the moral dilemma of being a survivor of a world destroyed by a superweapon and choosing whether or not to build/use one of her own.

Also, it's possible that the Sith/dark-siders have their own faction brewing behind the scenes separate from the Imperial stuff we 'know' about (the TIEs and Stormies in the teaser, the supposed roles of Captain Phasma and The General, etc) and will ultimately turn on the Empire, leading to the Imps & Alliance having to put aside differences and join forces as the trilogy progresses; that'd be a little more interesting than just the same conflict continued across an entire new trilogy.