Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Yeah, we need to see that, and you guys got me very curious about the possibility that Qui-gon might have a Tatooine poncho. I hope we get clear pictures soon.

Does anyone recall a more uneventful month news-wise than this past March?! I mean we had a tiny bit of news on March 1st and zilch since then. I really hope April will bring us something, this thread really deviates when there are so little news... :sceptic:

@nrg, Sir von Lego, just2good: do you even know when we'll see the Hoth base prelims? I guess that Sith Interceptor Infiltrator leaks are pretty much imminent and for TFA I know (well, have a strong hunch...) they'll keep the lid tight until the release, but it would be nice if we got a little something about the next UCS/large playset to chew on meanwhile...

Edited by Spyderlord

Does anyone recall a more uneventful month news-wise than this past March?! I mean we had a tiny bit of news on March 1st and zilch since then. I really hope April will bring us something, this thread really deviates when there are so little news... :sceptic:

@nrg, Sir von Lego, just2good: do you even know when we'll see the Hoth base prelims? I guess that Sith Interceptor leaks are pretty much imminent and for TFA I know (well, have a strong hunch...) they'll keep the lid tight until the release, but it would be nice if we got a little something about the next UCS/large playset to chew on meanwhile...

Tumbleweed would've made more noise...

I would say wait till April 16th, we may get more news then out of Star Wars celebration with the release of the new trailer. We might get a teaser with some of the EP VII figures as characters..sort of like lego Frodo with his ring before LOTR was released.

Wait, let's not rush things, I was absolutely delighted ANH Yularen was being released, but Thrawn?! Thrawn would start an AFOL war on the release day in all Lego stores concerned :grin: TLG would never realease one because it would be a safety hazard, not because he's not Donald canon! :laugh:
After Revan, I'd guess Thrawn would be the most-wanted EU figure
And I agree with you Spiderlord; Thrawn would be a safety hazard release. I know I won’t hesitate to hurt someone to get one for myself. :laugh:

I can easily see why Thrawn is popular. :classic:

I would say he is the most popular EU figure. He is the only one I am interested in, which means something because I am generally a TV&Movie purist. (And being a purist has nothing to do with what DisneyTM).

Lego's choices regarding promo minifigs puzzle me quite often. How is it decided what promo minifig they do? Wouldn't it make sense to have poll or something like that?

I can easily see why Thrawn is popular. :classic:

I would say he is the most popular EU figure. He is the only one I am interested in, which means something because I am generally a TV&Movie purist. (And being a purist has nothing to do with what DisneyTMTM).

Lego's choices regarding promo minifigs puzzle me quite often. How is it decided what promo minifig they do? Wouldn't it make sense to have poll or something like that?

I never understood the appeal of Thrawn. Maybe it's because I just don't like the EU.....

new bigger better death star coming in 2016, will replace old one

this is not a Disney party!!!

this is not a DisneyTM party!!!

I actually hope that is an I bleed DisneyTM!! Disney party! because I recently got the Death Star 10188 (last one from the store :laugh: ), and I'll probably want to get it if it's a considerable improvement over the 2008 one.

If it's serious, woaw, I wonder what the price will be if it's bigger. :sceptic:

this is not a DisneyTMTMTMTM party!!!

....Why is all the text getting messed up? Every time I type, it changes it to "DisneyTM TM!"

Edited by LN-01354

This I'll need to see. I love my 2008 one, but something bigger and better would blow me away. I probably won't get it, but I still want to see how TLG ups the ante.

It may not be a DisneyTM party, but it is the first of April.

About bloody time! The old was really getting old.

PS: in my country, it is April 2nd already, so this better not be a belated april foolbrickmario loves DisneyTM!. :hmpf_bad:

I never understood the appeal of Thrawn. Maybe it's because I just don't like the EU.....

The first Thrawn-Triology was some of the best EU-stuff ever, and quite enjoyable even for casual fans. And it made me like the EU, in the beginning. The later books never had this magic, and most of the EU was plain stupid imho.

I do not want to start a flame war and I know many like the EU, so I try to leave on a common ground: Thrawn, in the first triology, was really great and he got the EU going in the first place.

Edit: ........... okaaaaaaay... this board still has "something" going on for April 1st. Not funny guys, not on April 2nd. :angry:

Edited by Flieger

Edit: ........... okaaaaaaay... this board still has "something" going on for April 1st. Not funny guys, not on April 2nd. :angry:

im still in april first but you gotta trust me!

If J2G isn't pulling our pud for April, and he's über reliable, then I'm really looking forward to that set... But also with a tinge of disappointment as a huge OT set should maybe look towards Cloud City... But hey ho.

"I never understood the appeal of Thrawn. Maybe it's because I just don't like the EU....."

Well the appeal of Thrawn makes sense...he's like Star Wars + Sun Tzu's Art of War combined. Also VASTLY different from Vader/Sidious

It's a trap!

He is fooling us, if they're realy making a new death star then why are we getting a death star final duel?

How much bigger could it be the last one was pretty big? Not the first here so going to sit on the fence for this one...

If J2G isn't pulling our pud for April, and he's über reliable, then I'm really looking forward to that set... But also with a tinge of disappointment as a huge OT set should maybe look towards Cloud City... But hey ho.

I know. It makes absolutely no sense to me. A CC playset would fly off the shelves. People have been looking at the DS for nearly 8 years now, it doesn't add up that they would make a rehash immediately, even if it has been a huge cash cow.

If this really is true then its going to be alot of money. It is odd to bring out a final duel set and then bring out another one the following year unless of course this Death Star is entirely based on ANH.

It was April Fools.

I've learned to literally take no word as truth on April Fools as you will literally feel like a fool... Ive had my fair share of it too (Thanks AmeriBricks! :laugh: )

No replacement Death Star playset is all you need to know.

Hmm, now that would be news I was refering to if it wasn't an April Fool's joke. just2good says he's serious, it just makes no sense to me from commercial standpoint: this one is still widely available, very expensive and honestly not much improvement is needed.

Raise the price point (which is bound to happen if indeed much bigger piece count) and you are clearly in AFOL territory. And AFOLs already have a Death Star (heck, some even two...)!!

This news makes no sense to me with UCS AT-AT still missing, without even getting to the whole CC discussion. The only way it would kinda make sense is if TFA resurrected a DS. But that, with resurrected Palpatine is sort of a plot point that makes a true SW fan put a new movie on the same plane of interest as a sequel to Starship Troopers so it better not be true...