Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Shame that the Imperial Shuttle doesn't include any Imperial figures. But, with all of the Imperials we're getting in Rebels, I don't think it should be too hard to find some spare officers. I hope that it has an interior in the midsection and not just a cockpit.

I'm all for an Agent Kallus with hair, his helmet hides all of the printing for his sideburns, so he looks kind of plain. Sabine with a helmet is also a nice surprise. I'm looking forward to this wave!

Did we already know this?

Pocket-lint has received confirmation from the Lego company that seven new Lego sets will be released in tandem with the premiere of The Force Awakens later this year.

The seven sets will be launched in time for Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens and feature key moments and characters, from the new film,” Stuart Miles writes.

Miles also notes that a select group at the London Toy Fair this year is being shown the Lego sets, so it’s pretty clear that Lego already has these set designs made and ready for viewing, and hopefully practical testing, as well ;). It’s exciting to see all of this start to come together!

Source: MakingStarWars

So, the Ep7 sets are finished and in London? But only a select group has seen them/will see them?

I have some questions for those who will be there, what kind of cockpit will the Tyderium have?...

Question of the day, this. So very curious to know how they're going to do the cockpit in this version. Thanks in advance to the attendees!

I have some questions for those who will be there, what kind of cockpit will the Tyderium have? what are its dimensions? how many minifigs does it fit?

They could build the same as the UCS, but smaller. Using a 2x2x3 corners (I think it doesn't exit) and two 2x4x2 windscreen.

So, the Ep7 sets are finished and in London? But only a select group has seen them/will see them?

We should send the bothans, definetely.

Edited by hachiroku

They could build the same as the UCS, but smaller.

We should send the bothans, definetely.

but many will die to bring us that information..

Edited by Chris12399

I'll sound like an old crank...

...but can't we have new sets, sets we haven't seen before? I'm not opposed to 'remakes' (despite the recent quality dip) but when you have 3 versions of the imperial shuttle already...

Yup....some folks have seen 'em (the Ep7 sets):

The seven sets will be launched in time for Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens and feature key moments and characters, from the new film.

Being shown off to a select few important people at the London Toy Fair behind very closed doors, Lego was coy to detail what the new sets would feature or what characters would become minifigures.

58283534.jpg

PS:

The lucky people that did get into see The Force Awakens products at Hasbro were given this bag and were walking around Toy Fair proudly displaying their exclusive giveaway.

Hasbro_TFA_Bag.jpg

So.....it's simple. Find someone with this bag and bribe 'em.

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

...but can't we have new sets, sets we haven't seen before? I'm not opposed to 'remakes' (despite the recent quality dip) but when you have 3 versions of the imperial shuttle already...

Considering we haven't seen a system scale set in awhile, it makes sense for them to make one. And also, LEGO play sets, or whatever you want to call them, are made for kids, and most kids probably don't have the previous version. The Episode 7 sets will be out in September, a month after we normally see the Summer line release. That's the new stuff, that's the next generation of Star Trek. uh, I mean Wars, Star Wars. Heh heh.

Considering we haven't seen a system scale set in awhile, it makes sense for them to make one. And also, LEGO play sets, or whatever you want to call them, are made for kids, and most kids probably don't have the previous version. The Episode 7 sets will be out in September, a month after we normally see the Summer line release. That's the new stuff, that's the next generation of Star Trek. uh, I mean Wars, Star Wars. Heh heh.

I don't have the previous version, not counting polybag! Plus as stated these sets are being released to help transition from RoTJ to TFA. So a whole month later everyone will get a crack at brand new sets and will probably continue that way for many years.

Well, two of them are the same (and they suck) and one is a UCS, so a new one makes total sense. We'll probably also see them in Rebels, which is a bonus of having a new one.

The BrickFanatics link doesn't work for me, so do we know who comes in the Flash Speeder?

Right now, final duel.....yeah my son will want it for sure......though I wonder what play features it will have, perhaps the collapsing floor, somehwere for Luke to hide before diving out to beat down Vader.....pictures, we need pictures - dam pom's and their no photos policy ! :hmpf_bad:

Not exactly surprising. Figure the designs have to be finalized by now to hit production and distribution targets. It's the same patern that we have seen with Marvel and The Hobbit. And no one should get their hopes or expectation wound up over the first Ep VII wave. That teaser trailer that we have all seen? Yeah safe money is that every one of those 7 initial sets will have been glimpsed either in that trailer or in related leaked pictures. And expect lots of the context and characters to be off from the final movie (hey everyone look at the awesome final showdown of Iron Man and the Mandarin!)

Sounds really promising. It looks like I'll need all of these. Too bad there's no stormtroopers... The astromech sounds nice, and so does Vader. The printed cape is sad, but what I accepted. I can't wait for Sabine, which means I might not need those awful speeder bikes...

What printed cape? If you meant Han's trench coat, I think The Kid meant "printed on the body & legs" like on various Lone Ranger & LOTR figures, and Star Lord in the smallest GOTG set. Which is about what I expected.

Reading the description for the N-1 fighter... belch! $55 for 3 minifigs? At least the last N-1 had another pilot included, and battle droids. Flash Speeder sounds underwhelming for the price... funny to see the Imperial Assault Cruiser, which a couple people swore up & down was NOT part of the Rebels sets, is actually from Rebels...which most of us figured made the most sense to begin with. At least the alternate Kallus and Sabine are both included in it, rather than split up among even more sets... wonder if Kallus' hair will be new, or if folks with the AT-DP can easily recreate it without the cruiser set? It's also possible (tho not likely) that either or both could come with hair AND helmet.

The shuttle is a little disappointing... hopefully the Rebel soldiers have something new to them, I was also hoping for Orrimaarko (a hooded figure is seen boarding the shuttle, which many took to be Orrimaarko given the hooded cloaks he & his fellow Dresselians wore in the briefing), and an updated Endor Luke. I gave my old one a flesh hand & a Luke head, plus a metallic silver hilt to replace the chrome one, but his torso's still the outdated Old Dark Gray.

But glad to see Han, finally, and to get a modern Chewie in an OT set.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go geek out over the Scooby News and the big Batman/Teen Titans set. :laugh:

What printed cape? If you meant Han's trench coat, I think The Kid meant "printed on the body & legs" like on various Lone Ranger & LOTR figures, and Star Lord in the smallest GOTG set. Which is about what I expected.

Exactly. The final figure design wasn't shown, but the prelim box art showed Han with a tan Jedi robe torso - hence my belief that the trenchcoat will be printed, a la Obi-Wan's robe in the new Mos Eisley Cantina.

...wonder if Kallus' hair will be new, or if folks with the AT-DP can easily recreate it without the cruiser set? It's also possible (tho not likely) that either or both could come with hair AND helmet.

This is Kallus' hair, so yeah, pretty easy to replicate. The prelim box art didn't indicate whether they'd come with both helmet and hair (there were no backs to the boxes), but the figure displays along the top showed Kallus with hair and Sabine with a (placeholder) castle knight helmet (it took me a minute to figure out whom it was supposed to be!).

It sounds like the guys at Brickset had much longer in the LEGO stand than I was given so they'll probably have more detailed SW info in the morning.

Sorry. I wasn't very clear. I was trying to say that I'm kinda sad that we don't get an actual cape, but the printed version will probably look really nice to compensate.

It looks like it'll be a cheap(er than usual) summer wave for me. There's only 3 sets I'm interested in (Flash Speeder, Naboo Starfighter, and Tydirium), which is good, because I now need more money for DC.

To add to the Brick Fanatics report...

The Final Duel set includes the Emperor, Luke, Vader and two Royal Guards. Vader has a new two-piece helmet - it's similar to the current one except with a neck brace.

The Shuttle includes Han (trenchcoat will be printed by the looks of it), Leia (with poncho), Chewbacca (didn't notice any differences or 'camo') and two Endor rebels.

The Assault Carrier includes Agent Kallus (hair, not helmet), two TIE Pilots, a green Astro, an Imperial Officer and Sabine (with helmet).

Yay, Vader's helmet is in two pieces! But...... :damn: I knew LEGO was going to include Sabine's helmet in some expensive, stupid set that I wouldn't want. Seriously, none of the other figs in that set are appealing, and the ship design= :sick: But I'll have to spend the money, just to get her helmet! (BTW no one suggest Bricklink to me. I had a terrible experience w/ it.)

Edited by LN-01354

So, I read we're getting a Santa 3PO in the Advent Calendar and a reindeer R2D2. Curious how they'll do both, since 3PO's mold doesn't allow him to wear a hat. I assume R2 will have a T-bar plug into his head with some attachments on the sides.

Presumably, they're going for this:

r2-d2-reindeer-c3po-santa.jpg

Edited by ResIpsaLoquitur

Yay, Vader's helmet is in two pieces! But...... :damn: I knew LEGO was going to include Sabine's helmet in some expensive, stupid set that I wouldn't want. Seriously, none of the other figs in that set are appealing, and the ship design= :sick: But I'll have to spend the money, just to get her helmet! (BTW no one suggest Bricklink to me. I had a terrible experience w/ it.)

Just bricklink it. :grin: Seriously, one bad experience doesn't define bricklink, it's definitely worth another shot, especially if the alternative is dropping 100 bucks on a set you don't want!

Summer sounds like a real good wave. I'll be picking up the IAC for sure. The Tyderium sounds likely too, I like the pricepoint. Final Duel is also a strong possibility. Naboo Starfighter sounds like a total waste, but the jury is still out on the Flash Speeder. The minifigs and the build are the make-or-break at this point.

Would've liked a couple more battlepacks before Episode VII hit, but hey, January's offerings are pretty generous.

So, I read we're getting a Santa 3PO in the Advent Calendar and a reindeer R2D2. Curious how they'll do both, since 3PO's mold doesn't allow him to wear a hat. I assume R2 will have a T-bar plug into his head with some attachments on the sides.

Sounds interesting. I think they may take the 3PO head mold and put a hat on it, so it makes one piece. For R2 they could make an antler mold that connects like a T-Piece. I'm glad were not getting something boring that is uninspired and easy to make.

Edited by GuyDudeMan27

Sounds interesting. I think they may take the 3PO head mold and put a hat on it, so it makes one piece. For R2 they could make an antler mold that connects like a T-Piece. I'm glad were not getting something boring that is uninspired and easy to make.

My guess is that Lego wouldn't make a new 3PO mold for an Advent Calendar. Molds are expensive and that seems excessive for a limited-run product. You might be right, but my guess is that at best we'll get a 3PO holding a hat that he can't wear. I'd also guess that the R2 would have antlers similar to the design in the Santa's workshop set--I have no idea what the piece is called, but they formed the legs of Nute Gunray's walker chair in the 2011 Advent Calendar.

My guess is that Lego wouldn't make a new 3PO mold for an Advent Calendar. Molds are expensive and that seems excessive for a limited-run product. You might be right, but my guess is that at best we'll get a 3PO holding a hat that he can't wear. I'd also guess that the R2 would have antlers similar to the design in the Santa's workshop set--I have no idea what the piece is called, but they formed the legs of Nute Gunray's walker chair in the 2011 Advent Calendar.

That's probably what they'll do. I wish they'd go more in depth though. At the same time, doing it that way seems kinda cheap.