Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

So they're there?

Toysrus on 249 had a couple. They're probably gone. Spring cypress and 290 target has a couple of Star Wars and most DC sets (minus the captain cold one)

Has TLG ever rereleased a set before? None that I can recall. They always make changes even if they are minor.

We had the Imperial Shuttle rereleased. The ship was the same, except for the LBG parts. They added some extra figs and called it Imperial Inspection, but it was the same.

Toysrus on 249 had a couple. They're probably gone. Spring cypress and 290 target has a couple of Star Wars and most DC sets (minus the captain cold one)

Thanks for the help!

Has anyone mentioned this? http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Character-Encyclopedia/dp/1465435506 I hope It comes with a ceremony Chewbaca.

Errrr.... Why? Chewbacca didn't get a medal, so a ceremony version would just be for giggles. I would rather a character that hasn't gotten a good figure yet like Wedge, Biggs, Ponda Baba, Admiral Piett, Captain Needa, Admiral Ozzel.

A big Echo Base set?? Too cool!!! Like everyone else I was underwhelmed by the last version. I MODed it to attach to the blast doors from the previous set (the set numbers elude me at this time).

2015 is going to be an expensive year for me!

It has been awhile since I saw episode IV, my bad.

It's fine! :tongue: It happens to the best of us.

I stopped at my next closest Target and they had everything except the AT-DP and Inquisitor's TIE. But that's not the interesting part. The interesting part was the prices! The speeder bikes set was $19.99 and the Wookie Gunship was a whopping $10 off at $59.99.

We had the Imperial Shuttle rereleased. The ship was the same, except for the LBG parts. They added some extra figs and called it Imperial Inspection, but it was the same.

7140 - 7142

7150 - 7152

Wasn't the juggernaut (turbo tank) also rereleased the year after, just with a different box and non-light-up-lightsaber Windu? does that count as a rerelease?

Edited by Dragonlego27

That was my point, it's not exactly the same. Sorry if I wasn't clear. In my mind a re release is a set that is 100% the same. Same parts, same figs, same set number. I know I'm splitting hairs here but yes then you could count multiple sets that only have minor differences.

7140 - 7142

7150 - 7152

Wasn't the juggernaut (turbo tank) also rereleased the year after, just with a different box and non-light-up-lightsaber Windu? does that count as a rerelease?

All of these would work.

That was my point, it's not exactly the same. Sorry if I wasn't clear. In my mind a re release is a set that is 100% the same. Same parts, same figs, same set number. I know I'm splitting hairs here but yes then you could count multiple sets that only have minor differences.

I understood what you meant. These are close enough to be called re-releases though. Especially the ones Sir Von Lego suggested.

Edited by GuyDudeMan27

Thanks for the help!

Errrr.... Why? Chewbacca didn't get a medal, so a ceremony version would just be for giggles. I would rather a character that hasn't gotten a good figure yet like Wedge, Biggs, Ponda Baba, Admiral Piett, Captain Needa, Admiral Ozzel.

Wasn't Piett in the SSD?

I can't see how they would make Echo Base the size of the Death Star. There's just not enough iconic scenes in that base is there? (Hanger, control room, medical bay, a couple of corridors and that's it?)

Surely far more exciting scenes happened on Cloud City, with the landing platform, freeze chamber, banquet table, and the 'I am your father' platform?

I can't see how they would make Echo Base the size of the Death Star. There's just not enough iconic scenes in that base is there? (Hanger, control room, medical bay, a couple of corridors and that's it?)

Surely far more exciting scenes happened on Cloud City, with the landing platform, freeze chamber, banquet table, and the 'I am your father' platform?

We may get Cloud City as one of the unrevealed sets for summer 2015. It's always a possibility as it could come in separate sections like Jabba's Palace.

Has anyone mentioned this? http://www.amazon.co...a/dp/1465435506 I hope It comes with a ceremony Chewbaca.

Errrr.... Why? Chewbacca didn't get a medal, so a ceremony version would just be for giggles.

Well....Chewbacca DID get a medal: :laugh:

Chewie7.jpg

http://www.zideo.nl/...c4953566d6c706f

http://www.lucasfan....vmtvaward.shtml

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

It's fine! :tongue: It happens to the best of us.

I stopped at my next closest Target and they had everything except the AT-DP and Inquisitor's TIE. But that's not the interesting part. The interesting part was the prices! The speeder bikes set was $19.99 and the Wookie Gunship was a whopping $10 off at $59.99.

The darkseid set is also $59.99

I just had a great idea. What if the new echo base set is actually an episode 5 set with both parts from the echo base and cloud city. That would certainly make up for the size difference to replace the death star.

I agree with the last (understatement!).

Regarding Echo Base: they could make the scenes larger than they did with the Death Star set.

Example: in the DS set only a small TIE can dock; there is no room for the system scale TIE.

Maybe the Echo Base set has a hanger where the system scale Snowspeeder can land? (or the Falcon)

What also kinda bugs me is the fact we get the same figs AGAIN. Rieekan, Hoth Luke/Han/Leia, Chewie, the droids, some snowtroopers, a TaunTaun. All have been done before.

Ok, they could include Cliff Clavin from Cheers :wink: or someone like Tigran Jamiro but it's all basically been done before; the Hoth suits and helmets.

A Cloud City set could include MANY new figs: Ugnaughts, Bounty Hunters, a Lutrillian, more Bespin Guards.....

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

How about a Ralph McQuarrie minifigure? He appears (very) briefly during one of the scenes in the hangar bay, and it would be good to recognise his vital contribution to SW.

If TLG did a decent hanger with a couple of add-ons (medical bay, control centre etc) it could be quite a good set, but for me it would need to be large enough for a system-scale Falcon. Perhaps they could integrate some lighting, now that would make it a lot more interesting! But I totally agree that a UCS-type Cloud City would be in a completely different league. I've said this before several times but I really don't understand TLG's apparent reluctance for it, it's totally illogical :look:

I too would love a Cloud City. But there are still alot of things Lego can do to make the Hoth Base a successful set. Honestly, as long as its better Than the 2011 version then I'll be happy with it. My only concern now is the price... Hopefully no more than the 200 mark.

The problem with the 2011 set is the fact that it was reall an internal structure and not much of a playset, I tend to think of it as teh back door from the rebel base...

Here's that polybag!

-Sci

Hm, I likey. So I guess they're done with the Clone Wars style of faces, even with Clone Wars minifigures (this dude's from Clone Wars, right?). Where is this picture from?

Hm, I likey. So I guess they're done with the Clone Wars style of faces, even with Clone Wars minifigures (this dude's from Clone Wars, right?). Where is this picture from?

Taobao. I don't know much Star Wars, but this version is from A New Hope.

-Sci