Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

I'm guessing the TIE Advanced prototype will be similar to the one in the Yoda Chronicles. Bit of an odd choice though, rather than the one we all know.

proto_zps1c1c9863.jpg

Would be cool if the shadow troopers were based on the dark troopers from Battlefront II, so we get some DBG stormies rather than black.

Darktrooper.PNG

Would be cool if the shadow troopers were based on the dark troopers from Battlefront II, so we get some DBG stormies rather than black.

Man... then I'd really want a Moldy Crow with Kyle Katarn microfighter! :sweet:

I imagine Shadow Troopers of some sort could easily appear in Rebels... Elite troops working for the Inquisitor perhaps? Possibly with new designs, tho I'm all for the new canon including as much of the EU as possible where appropriate, so we EU fans don't feel totally snubbed by whatever comes out of the new continuity.

ATAT and snow speeder mico fighters sound pretty cool. Those are definitely on the Want list. So is the T-16 and the Shadowtrooper battle pack. I only get PT sets if they are really cool and iconic, so I'm curious to see what the AAT is going to look like. If TLG does a good job then I'll have to pick that up, too.

It's not an odd choice at all, it's the Inquisitor's ship and is a predecessor to Vader's TIE that shares the wing-folding feature of the Sith Infiltrator.

For those who haven't seen it, this is a pic of the Hasbro toy.

Fair enough, I didn't know that. Thanks

I think the Shadow Troopers will be tied into Rebels. Hopefully Kyle Katarn makes an appearance in the show and we can see him in the sets? Please? I don't have my hopes up though.

THE RUMOR LIST

Microfighters

• 75072 ARC-170 Starfighterâ„¢
  • 75073 Vulture Droidâ„¢
  • 75074 Snowspeederâ„¢
  • 75075 AT-ATâ„¢
  • 75076 Republic Gunshipâ„¢
  • 75077 Homing Spider Droidâ„¢

Normal scale sets

• 75089 Geonosis Troopersâ„¢
  • 75079 Shadow Troopers
  • 75080 AATâ„¢
  • 75081 T-16 Skyhopper

Star Wars Rebels

• 75078 Imperial Troop Transport
  • 75090 Ezra’s Speeder Bikeâ„¢
  • 75082 TIE Advanced Prototype
  • 75083 AT-DPâ„¢
  • 75084 Wookieeâ„¢ Gunship

The list seems very plausible. I'm not interested in the Rebels sets (personally dislike the art of it), and the rest is really not too much to work with. Chibi AT-AT is probably going to be cute, this is going to be a great addition to the Star Destroyer. Also the Chibi LAAT/i sounds nice.

Hyped for the Shadow Troopers set, this is going to be great. I am just afraid those will be from the Rebels. Then it'd be a pass. And I am curious about the T-16, it might come with Sandpeople, but I would hope it comes with Biggs and a Womp rat.

The lack of OT sets raises my hope for a 50€ exclusive OT set - either Dagobah (with Yoda, Luke, dirty R2, ghost Ben, Darth and swamp monster) or Mos Eisley streets set (with Sandies, Jawas, Wuher, Chewie, Garindan).

The lack of OT sets raises my hope for a 50€ exclusive OT set - either Dagobah (with Yoda, Luke, dirty R2, ghost Ben, Darth and swamp monster) or Mos Eisley streets set (with Sandies, Jawas, Wuher, Chewie, Garindan).

53500589.jpg:wink:

It's not an odd choice at all, it's the Inquisitor's ship and is a predecessor to Vader's TIE that shares the wing-folding feature of the Sith Infiltrator.

For those who haven't seen it, this is a pic of the Hasbro toy.

Thanks, I did not know that. It also lends the Lego movies even more credibility if the new TIE was not just a joke. It is likely that other elements of the Yoda chronicles also make it...

I'm glad to see the AAT. I'm hoping it comes with a few good minifigures, the MTT was a little sparse. I'm really hoping for a Padme variant, she is lacking a variant for the battle of Theed after all.

This would also be a great opportunity to get Sabe, who has yet to appear at all.

Sabe and/or Padme would be great.

I'm curious if this wave of Rebels sets will see a new mold for the Stormtroopers helmets rather than the ugly printing on the old style helmets. Im thinking its more a possibility with the Troop Transport and AT-DP sets.

I doubt we would get a General Veers with the AT-AT microfighter. Most likely a Snowtrooper.

I hope they rethink their direction with the stormtrooper from the Ghost set and just print all future Rebels stormie helmets like the movie versions. The other characters all fit nicely with OT figures; no reason the stormies need to feel so out of place. If some special unit like the Yoda Chronicles' Special Forces pops up (particularly if they have shields!) with different-colored armor, then go ahead and throw a McQuarrie-style helmet print on them; we (and kids) can easily justify that because they're different. But having any regular stormies have the McQ print will make em stand out from regular OT troops... Maybe not a lot, but more than enough for some fans.

When do we get leaks from the retailer catalogue?

I'm curious if this wave of Rebels sets will see a new mold for the Stormtroopers helmets rather than the ugly printing on the old style helmets. Im thinking its more a possibility with the Troop Transport and AT-DP sets.

I doubt we would get a General Veers with the AT-AT microfighter. Most likely a Snowtrooper.

Why wouldn't we? We got Han in the falcon.

But having any regular stormies have the McQ print will make em stand out from regular OT troops... Maybe not a lot, but more than enough for some fans.

The regular stormies don't have the McQuarrie print. The Ghost one just has a different print to match the very stylized look of the stormies in the show, which have a funky look but are still modeled after the stormies in the films. It's Ezra's helmet that's modeled after McQuarrie concept snowtroopers.

I guess any time LEGO does anything different with prints, it's pretty divisive (see: the Clone Wars styling). I personally loved the Clone Wars facial styles, and think the stylized stormie has a cool fresh look to him as well.

The regular stormies don't have the McQuarrie print. The Ghost one just has a different print to match the very stylized look of the stormies in the show, which have a funky look but are still modeled after the stormies in the films. It's Ezra's helmet that's modeled after McQuarrie concept snowtroopers.

I think you misunderstood me; I meant "regular stormies" that appear in Rebels sets, like the one in the Ghost, having the McQ helmet print (the stylized one, again, as with the Ghost) will make them stand out from all our movie stormies. That stylized look is based on McQuarrie's paintings from the first film; Ezra's helmet is a whole different thing.

I didn't mind most of the nonhuman faces in TCW's minifigs, tho some bugged me (Ki-Adi, Saesee)... most of the human faces put me right off (Palpatine!) so I'm glad to see those go. I'd rather be able to mix my SW sets & figures as I see fit, not have them clash because of differences in face styles. I'm a fan! I know which figures belong to which era without a stylistic difference. :sweet:

I totally agree, while i did bricklink all clonewars jedi that appeared in the PT and don't have a movie accurate print, I still wish they blended better with the rest of my collection.

If the Geonosis Troopers set from that rumor list is correct, I really can't see it being anything other than a PT set. With Rebels about to kick off, I can't see LucasFilm allowing the old cartoon series (TCW) to compete with and take away sales from their new cartoon series. When I think about it, there's really no reason for Rebels to go to Geonosis. It's a PT/CW world and with the focus on the OT/ST/Rebels it just seems highly unlikely to me.

If the Geonosis Troopers set from that rumor list is correct, I really can't see it being anything other than a PT set. With Rebels about to kick off, I can't see LucasFilm allowing the old cartoon series (TCW) to compete with and take away sales from their new cartoon series. When I think about it, there's really no reason for Rebels to go to Geonosis. It's a PT/CW world and with the focus on the OT/ST/Rebels it just seems highly unlikely to me.

It depends. I got the impression from some of Filoni's interviews that there are 2 TCW story arcs that he might be looking to finish up in Rebels. One would be to complete the growing up of Boba Fett and get him into the classic armor. The other was what happened to Rex? And if they go into Rex I could see Geonosis coming up.

Also I don't think the merchandising machine will be quite as binary as we can be, drawing shard distinctions between PT, OT,TCW, Rebels and New Trilogy? While we may not see any full blown TCW ships, Jedi, etc. the colorful distinctive and often oddly individualized Clones are still wildly popular. I can see a set with them, just not another Twilight etc. just as we saw classic OT sets all through the PT and TCW push, I think we may see certain popular elements of TCW persist going forward, just be de emphasized.

I really wonder how big this AAT is going to be... the Wookiee Gunship is most likely the largest set of the wave. Can they do the AAT justice if it's under $60? Because going by the numbers even the Skyhopper's bigger than the AAT. I'm curious about this. Captain Tarpals or Boss Nass would be cool, although I'm expecting another Padme.

Given LEGO's recent trends, I actually wouldn't be surprised if the AAT is closer to $39 despite the 2008 version costing $49. They've been down-sizing everything lately, and to keep it (at least relatively) to scale with the new MTT, they will need to make it smaller than the CW version. And to answer whether or not they can do it justice for under $60, I think they can. The original 2000 version was only $20 and it was definitely one of the best sets from the early years, and I think with a few modifications they could keep it smaller while still making it look accurate. I actually think the 2008 version was a bit oversized, but I really hope this set is good considering how long I (and many others) have waited for a new AAT.

Edited by Phil Slender

Yay for Rebels! As long as the series ends up being good, I'll pick up all of those sets. And... that's saying something, as I haven't purchased a single Star Wars set in at least five years.

I think you misunderstood me; I meant "regular stormies" that appear in Rebels sets, like the one in the Ghost, having the McQ helmet print (the stylized one, again, as with the Ghost) will make them stand out from all our movie stormies. That stylized look is based on McQuarrie's paintings from the first film; Ezra's helmet is a whole different thing.

I did understand you, and was using 'regular stormies' also to refer to plain stormtroopers in Rebels sets. I just don't believe, and hadn't read anywhere, that the plain normal stromtroopers in Rebels are based on McQ art. To my knowledge they're just based on the films, but stylized as an artistic decision in the show (again, not based on concept art). That was all I was saying.

I also do personally think the stormie in the Ghost matches stills from the show quite well, and looks cool, even if it won't match.

The only reason they are stylized as they are is because of the show's focus on McQuarrie art.

McQuarrie helmet

Rebels helmet

Like I said, even the regular stormies are based on McQuarrie. They didn't want to go full "McQuarrie trooper", armor and all, because it's only 5 years before ANH... but stylizing the helmet features lets the troops in the show look like OT troops while honoring the McQuarrie history. But that doesn't need to translate to the Lego figs, since everything else (so far) blends well with the movie figures.

Eh, bar the AAT and the T-16, there's nothing on that list that interests me. I am wondering what the Geonosis Troopers set will turn out like though.