Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Very nice find, Fives!!! I'm actually surprised that it's taken this long to get an updated Vader helmet, but it looks fantastic.

It looks a bit silly in that picture, but that could just be the animation. I'm not sure I see the need for a new Vader helmet, the classic one did the job perfectly and has become iconic in its own right. That said I feel the same about the Chewbacca update, so maybe I'm just behind the times.

Looks like the helmet is in two parts (Like in the movie). Which really that would be the main reason to do a new version for that feature alone.

I feel like updating Vader's helmet is a waste of a new mold. There's nothing at all wrong with the current one. This one just looks like an action figure head cut off and put on a Lego figure. It doesn't have that "Lego charm"

I feel like updating Vader's helmet is a waste of a new mold. There's nothing at all wrong with the current one. This one just looks like an action figure head cut off and put on a Lego figure. It doesn't have that "Lego charm"

How is it a waste of new mold? Star Wars uses new molds up the butt, they don't really have a set limit. Besides, the old one really isn't that accurate. It kinda needed an update. I think it looks sweet

Its a rebel mold.. maybe

I don't know if all of you have seen it, but there was an extended scene from the first episode of Rebels which focused on Vader and the Inquisitor. Perhaps Lego are updating him so he can fit in better with the new level of detail in Rebels minifigures (just look at the Inquisitor)?

Also, as it's likely he'll be in the summer wave, Star Wars Rebels season 2 will have finished, so if Vader plays a larger role in Season Two, Lego can make sets based on that.

Of course, it could just be another way for lego to convince us to get Cloud City...

Star Wars Seven sets are very probably coming out in the following December, so it's also in Lego's interest to finalise their most iconic star wars minifigure for the next trilogy of films.

I myself like the change, and besides, I never judge new moulds from an animation which may not be entirely accurate.

Feel free to call me a Lego blasphemer, BTW

Edited by Dragonlego27

That new Vader helmet looks great! (maybe a bit oversized however...)

It almost looks like it was photoshopped on... Maybe it was something that became available late in the production of the image?

It looks kind of similar to the old one, so maybe this is just the angle......If it is a new helmet, though:

Maybe it could attach like this: the face of the mask could be like a modified Mini Fig. Back Palte W. Knob piece. It could be modified to fit around the curve of the head, and instead of the peg on the side, it has the molded face. The mask could also have two pegs slots (like on Clone Troopers and Mandos), which the top helmet piece can clip on to.

So I just noticed something EXTREMELY exciting! Theres a couple new wallpapers on the LEGO website that exclusively feature Imperials.

The first one features Darth Vader as we know him from this years Star Destroyer.

http://cache.lego.com/r/www/r/starwars/-/media/franchises/lego%20starwars/empire%20takeover/empire%20media/lsw_14w52_vadertie_1600x1200.jpg?l.r2=2039926212

The second one features Vader, Sheev and the Inquisitor.

http://cache.lego.com/r/www/r/starwars/-/media/franchises/lego%20starwars/empire%20takeover/empire%20media/lsw_14w52_inquisitor_1600x1200.jpg?l.r2=72784800

Look closely at Vader's helmet in the second image... its a new mold! The eyes are completely different! This is remarkable!

Excellent find, the new helmet looks great. 2015 is going to be an excellent year for Star Wars.

Now that we know we're getting a new helmet in 2015, I'm torn as to whether i should get the new Star Destroyer now, or wait till whatever set this new Vader will come with. Any suggestions?

I can do without a new Vader helmet. I'd be more excited for a 4-lom or some other character we haven't had before.

4-LOM... :wub_drool:

But seriously, whose to say we won't get 4-LOM ad well? As said before, Lego virtually have no limit on the number of new moulds they can produce.

The summer wave is definitely going to be interesting.

I'm cracking under the hype Just2good, this is your fault! *oh2*

Edited by Dragonlego27

Fives: Personally, I would wait till we get an idea of what we're getting next year. Hopefully The Darth Vader Figure will appear in a good non - expensive! Set.

That new Vader helmet looks great! (maybe a bit oversized however...)

But the current one is underized...

Btw anyone will modify the legs of the mini set AT-AT? I wonder what parts can be added to lengthen the legs.

Hopefully The Darth Vader Figure will appear in a good non - expensive! Set.

Like Dagobah

Hopefully The Darth Vader Figure will appear in a good non - expensive! Set.

Like Cloud City

Check your Targets if you are in the US. I just grabbed an AT-DP. I'd post a pic, but my phone files are too large.

Holy... I saw the stupid AT-DP and it didn't even register that it wasn't actually the three-legged one from last year. I was there to get the Elsa castle for my daughter, and I got excited when I saw and grabbed the Double-decker couch for me...

:facepalm:

AT-DP is a bit of a letdown, definitely a toy and not a model like the AT-AP. The cockpit/head is great, but the legs are static. Will need to build some functioning joints in there.