Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

I went to TRU last friday and asked whether they had the 3PO polybag giveaway. "Only in Germany" was the short and rather unfriendly reply from one of the cashiers.

What they had were Stormtrooper Sergeants for 5€ each - a complete waste of money IMO.

Still, I was lucky enough to grab the last available Defender Corvette form 2013 at a discount of 15%.

Does anyone here have a spare C-3PO polybag, by any chance?

It seems like The Netherlands isn't ever getting any of these promotions...

Edited by General Magma

It seems like The Netherlands isn't ever getting any of these promotions...

Indeed, I can never find them. But most of the time I end up buying them from Bricklink for way to much.

I'm just picturing a new wave of folks complaining that they've been blacklisted by TLG customer service. :sceptic:

I hope TLG is having people send the defective parts back so they can fix whatever's going wrong.

Please call consumer service EVERY TIME you encounter a quality issue. They will definitely not blacklist you for reporting damaged elements often. Let them know that you just happen to buy a lot of product for yourself.

In fact we just had our yearly feedback session on consumer calls for Star Wars, and there was no mention of bad minifigures at all.

A few postings on a fan forum mean nothing, but if 5 people call every day complaining about the same issue - now that would be a different story, something for consumer service to keep track of and, eventually, alert our quality control team. So call please. But don't ask for a chrome Darth Vader every time! ;)

Fred Meyers is running a small SW Lego sale - Constraction figures Cody, Jango, and Luke are $16.99 and Rey's Speeder is also $16.99.

I have loads of sets here in the uk and have hardly ever had issues. The only thing I can recall is the storm trooper from the cantina was totally cracked down the side, but tlg were very efficient in replacing it - so in fact I have a lot of confidence in Lego, and specifically therefore avoid any other brick!

Please call consumer service EVERY TIME you encounter a quality issue. They will definitely not blacklist you for reporting damaged elements often.

I have called every time I have ever had a problem.

All two times.

Both times involved a missing brick. I've never had a defective brick, nor a misprint. That's why I am always a bit suspicious when people say they've gotten a bunch of defective torsos.

But I'm always a bit suspicious anyways, so there's that, too.

Accoring to this WIRED article, the TIE fighter pilot helmets with the red stripes are worn by Special Forces TIE fighter pilots after all:

http://www.wired.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/sw_prop_18-1024x768.jpg

http://www.wired.com/2015/11/star-wars-force-awakens-props/#slide-23

Thus we should have gotten those helmets in the TIE fighter set instead of the non-striped ones, but oh well... :tongue: Maybe next summer? :laugh:

I have called every time I have ever had a problem.

All two times.

Both times involved a missing brick. I've never had a defective brick, nor a misprint. That's why I am always a bit suspicious when people say they've gotten a bunch of defective torsos.

But I'm always a bit suspicious anyways, so there's that, too.

I used to share these sentiments, but since these were such important purchases to me, I was quite dissapointed with the quality of the parts I recieved. This is the first time I've had to do it, and hopefully the only for a while.

Accoring to this WIRED article, the TIE fighter pilot helmets with the red stripes are worn by Special Forces TIE fighter pilots after all:

http://www.wired.com...18-1024x768.jpg

http://www.wired.com...props/#slide-23

Thus we should have gotten those helmets in the TIE fighter set instead of the non-striped ones, but oh well... :tongue: Maybe next summer? :laugh:

I figured as much. That's why I found it so strange that they made the set the Special forces TIE. Like if they didn't plan on adding the special forces pilots, why not just make it the regular tie fighter? That would at least give them the option of being able to release a special forces TIE with the correct pilots in a future wave, probably alongside the white and blue x wings. With the way they've set it up, they almost forced to re-release a Special forces TIE or shoehorn the minifig into some other FO set. Not a huge deal either way, however. Even the regular FO Pilots look fantastic. One of my favorite minifigs from the new wave.

Edited by jhaelego

Does anyone else find it irritating that whenever they have a chance to do a regular TIE, they just end up with an Advanced TIE instead? Wouldn't an abundance of regular TIES make sense for army building?? Anyway, I still think the Rebels-era Imperial pilot is superior to TLG's own OT Imperial pilot, the helmet is perfect. So I'll be getting multiples regardless. I just can't fathom why they always choose advanced over regular TIE.

Does anyone else find it irritating that whenever they have a chance to do a regular TIE, they just end up with an Advanced TIE instead? Wouldn't an abundance of regular TIES make sense for army building?? Anyway, I still think the Rebels-era Imperial pilot is superior to TLG's own OT Imperial pilot, the helmet is perfect. So I'll be getting multiples regardless. I just can't fathom why they always choose advanced over regular TIE.

Take comfort in the fact we'll eventually get a regular FO TIE :wink: .

On the topic of TFA quality issues, has anyone encountered the Snowspeeder misprint where the Snowtrooper head print is on a flametrooper helmet mold? I've only seen one mention of this on flickr, and it seems strange that in a wave where seemingly everyone has the same issues with their sets that one would be rare.

Take comfort in the fact we'll eventually get a regular FO TIE :wink: .

On the topic of TFA quality issues, has anyone encountered the Snowspeeder misprint where the Snowtrooper head print is on a flametrooper helmet mold? I've only seen one mention of this on flickr, and it seems strange that in a wave where seemingly everyone has the same issues with their sets that one would be rare.

can you provide a photo of this? I've heard nothing of the sort, and by the sounds of it that is quite a huge error.

The way I see it, you just request a new snowtrooper helmet, and the misprinted one is pretty unique and actually quite usable.

Missprints like these are sometimes sold for crazy prices like 200 Dollars...

Suckers sometimes buy these for crazy prices like 200 dollars. :wink:

Edited by Junior Shark

Please keep in mind that this is supposed to be a rumors thread, not a quality control thread. Maybe we need to start that discussion somewhere else because it's one that should be had. Just not in this thread :wink:

Please keep in mind that this is supposed to be a rumors thread, not a quality control thread. Maybe we need to start that discussion somewhere else because it's one that should be had. Just not in this thread :wink:

But it's about a 2015 set... With pictures... And rumors. Just kidding! :blush:

And besides, it's not like there's gonna be any new 2015 sets at this point.... is that a valid excuse to degrade the sanctity of this thread?

Edited by Junior Shark

I take it that the Hoth Echo Base set was just a rumour then as I'm sure we would of heard something about it by now.

I take it that the Hoth Echo Base set was just a rumour then as I'm sure we would of heard something about it by now.

I think it's a 2016 set, but don't quote me.