Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

For those wanting an X-Wing in the blue color, there will be a microfighter of it next year.

Good news. I may get the microfighter if the design is decent in a small scale.

There are three options for new pilots I can see, if they don't just use the generic pilot from the Poe set: Greg Grunberg's pilot character thought to be named "Gorwyn" (no jokes about his appearance, please--they've already been made ten thousand times), the Abednedo pilot Ello Asty, or--if they go more of a "Han in the Falcon, Hera in the Ghost" route, Poe himself with a new helmet, in his jacket rather than his flight suit. Some Hasbro figures have him in that outfit with that helmet, intended to pair with a blue & white X-wing.

If they go the generic route, I hope the helmet is unique at least.

Oh, I forgot about Poe. He could be a possibility as well; I can't see him being in any of the other sets and I'm sure LEGO would want to put him in more sets beyond the X-Wing. However, I bet it'll be a specific pilot variant.

Oh, I forgot about Poe. He could be a possibility as well; I can't see him being in any of the other sets and I'm sure LEGO would want to put him in more sets beyond the X-Wing. However, I bet it'll be a specific pilot variant.

It could be Asty Ello

Good news. I may get the microfighter if the design is decent in a small scale.

I have a feeling it's gonna be very similar to the last one. There can't be too much innovation in a microfighter. I really want a blue and white X-Wing pilot helmet like some of the Poe figures out there. I think I really just want a blue and white X-Wing :laugh:

It'll never be Poe. He's the only named character unique to the X-wing, which will still be on shelves for many months more. A microfighter would hamstring sales of the full-size vehicle - so many parents would then just buy the kid the little microfighter with Poe to get the kid to shut up rather than shell out for the big X-wing as a gift.

Poe certainly will pop up in more sets in the future, but I doubt we'll see any major TFA leads in Microfighters anytime soon. They wouldn't even put the damn Inquisitor in the TIE Prototype, when he's only in a $40 kit, a one-season character, and will have milked his appeal for a full year by then.

I agree with Caedus here. Adding main characters in a cheap set can helping a set to been selling well, but at the same time causing the other sets to been unable to sell well. The first time we see a big character in a cheap set is Han Solo in the Millenium Falcon Microfighter, but all Microfighters this year mainly only include generic minifigures like Snowspeeder Pilot and Phase 2 Clone Trooper.

I agree with Caedus here. Adding main characters in a cheap set can helping a set to been selling well, but at the same time causing the other sets to been unable to sell well. The first time we see a big character in a cheap set is Han Solo in the Millenium Falcon Microfighter, but all Microfighters this year mainly only include generic minifigures like Snowspeeder Pilot and Phase 2 Clone Trooper.

The ghost MF will have Hera in it.

Personally i find the main figures in MFs a bit odd, people can buy 2-5 ARC 170s for their small squadron, but youll never buy more then a single Falcon or Ghost.

Poe will only show up in future sets if Kylo Ren isn't killing him in the trailer.

except Oscar Isaac already confirmed he will be back for episode 8.

Edited by legosamsonite

I'm in the middle of changing Kylo Ren's shuttle to its black colour scheme. I'm still missing some bricks, but I'd say it's 95% completed. I took four photos but haven't used flickr in ages and simply don't have the nerve to set up a new account/ work out the program for a few pictures. If anybody has any interest in sharing those photos on Eurobricks (in case anybody is considering the colour swap and wants an idea whether it's worth it), you're most welcome to send me a PM with your email address and can post the pics in here.

Here are the photos7paKtku.jpg (thanks for emailing them Lynx ;))

C848fnq.jpgfkm0HFa.jpgWPSz5Z9.jpg

Looks great in black, defo needs the v wing mod doing. I'm thinking about whether to slowly convert mine to black, or just go ahead and make a MOC (will wait till i've seen the film though eh :)

Edited by belkor

What do you think the percentage of parts needed to make the black one from the gray one is...? As in, is it worth getting the set to convert one to black? As black certainly looks more menacing, and definitely worthy of a villain craft, whereas gray looks like just another vehicle...

The ghost MF will have Hera in it.

Personally i find the main figures in MFs a bit odd, people can buy 2-5 ARC 170s for their small squadron, but youll never buy more then a single Falcon or Ghost.

Well there's not really anyone who could be in a Ghost Microfighter that would make you want to buy multiple. At least Hera is an alien species which makes her more desirable.

Here are the photos <SNIP>

Looks great in black, defo needs the v wing mod doing. I'm thinking about whether to slowly convert mine to black, or just go ahead and make a MOC (will wait till i've seen the film though eh :)

looks awesome. Edited by Clone OPatra
Please don't quote pictures from same page

Found this at Toys"R"Us, but they had to pull it from back, using a barcode from eBay!

22433038542_177852ab64_z.jpg

21823611364_063763ef74_z.jpg

Love the printing all around him! :wub:

For those who have seen the C3PO polybags at their toyrsus stores, did you buy them for $5? or did you have to spend a certain amount to get it? I called my local toysrus and they said they haven't seen them yet. Are most stores getting these in? Should i just tell them to look in the back?

For those who have seen the C3PO polybags at their toyrsus stores, did you buy them for $5? or did you have to spend a certain amount to get it? I called my local toysrus and they said they haven't seen them yet. Are most stores getting these in? Should i just tell them to look in the back?

I just payed $5, or $4, I don't remember. :grin:

I just payed $5, or $4, I don't remember. :grin:

Lucky, i guess i'll do what you did. :classic: By the way the Hoth echo base is getting delayed for a later release, sometime next year. I don't know when exactly though.

Edited by amazingbricks

Lucky, i guess i'll do what you did. :classic: By the way the Hoth echo base is getting delayed for a later release, sometime next year. I don't know when exactly though.

At least we know now :cry_sad: :cry_sad: I have $160 of VIP points saved for that

An Ello Asty Xwing Pilot with the Xwing Microfighter would be great but then it would be a printed alien head since a new mold would be unlikely in a Microfighter.

The Snowspeeder Microfighter is silly and we have plenty of Snowtroopers from the Snowspeeder set. As others say an Elite FO TIE Pilot would have been so much better.

Also the Command Shuttle in black is great, good job! Im starting mine soon.

Even a standard FO trooper would be better than a snowtrooper, what with only two of them in the whole wave... There's even 3 FO Crew Members between the TIE and Ren's Shuttle.

What do you think the percentage of parts needed to make the black one from the gray one is...? As in, is it worth getting the set to convert one to black? As black certainly looks more menacing, and definitely worthy of a villain craft, whereas gray looks like just another vehicle...

What you see on the photos has been achieved from a rather recent return from the dark ages and with two inexpensive bricklink orders (less than 50 Australian Dollars, including shipping). I only had Lord of the Rings sets to take parts from, but the amount was surprising. Even some rare pieces were hidden in some unusual spots (a piece under the stairs of Attack on Wheathertop, for instance, which is not even visible). Altogether, I'd estimate it's more than 50% that I colour-swapped. And I still need some bits and wand to improve upon the front window (trans-red tile instead of black and trans-red cheese slopes).

If you have a huge brick collection, it might be worthwhile to build the set with your existing bricks and get Kylo via brick link. I don't think there are any unique part, and the set does not need any stickers.

Thanks for posting the pictures, belkor!

Even a standard FO trooper would be better than a snowtrooper, what with only two of them in the whole wave... There's even 3 FO Crew Members between the TIE and Ren's Shuttle.

To be fair, we're going to get a battlepack for TFA. More than likely, that pack is going to include some Stormtroopers and possibly a Flametrooper as well (and maybe a First Order Crew member, if they feel like it). So, if that's the case, the only way to get a Snowtrooper from TFA is if you purchase the FO Snowspeeder. But for $40 you only get three of them, so a microfighter is actually a good, inexpensive, way to get one/more. (Especially cause I, personally, hate that $40 set :tongue:)

Edited by TheAmazingDarkKnight