Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

I'd say this practically certifies that we are getting a large Echo base, or a UCS version :D

Certifies? Getting ahead of yourself a bit there? Although I do want a Hoth base set... :)

Not at all, look at that picture.

Doesn't mean anything. There are sites with 2016 listings - th listings / bad translations we posted a while back. Some sites just get their lists from other news sites, not directly from LEGO.

Edited by CM4Sci

I've seen official list of 2015/2016 sets and it just says "D2C confidential - 249,99€" among unrelease 2015 sets. Its strange, because next year's snowspeeder is clearly named.

The number allows me to find the free download link of the instructions.

The MF instructions are now online.

I went to Toys R Us today and got chatting to the store manager. He told me that he would be at Brick 2015 at the NEC and that Lego would be unveiling a new huge Millennium Falcon at a whopping £1000! He said each branch of Toys R Us in the uk would be receiving 1. I don't know how true this is but don't see why he would make it up.

Yeah? I saw that manager too and he told me that Disney would retcon those ewoks back Kermit as well :thumbup:

The number allows me to find the free download link of the instructions.

Nothing to do with proof of purchase. I had no idea this number could be used for anything other than downloading the instructions.

E.g. The Temple of Arjitsu is another set that is for sale for a while bit still no digital instructions online. Knowing the number on the back of the instructions allowed me to download the pdf so I could see if the set interests me.

You can get free stickers/parts for SW sets this way. I know as I got stickers/messed up parts for the last MF :wink:

So yeah, those numbers should not be online ..

I went to Toys R Us today and got chatting to the store manager. He told me that he would be at Brick 2015 at the NEC and that Lego would be unveiling a new huge Millennium Falcon at a whopping £1000! He said each branch of Toys R Us in the uk would be receiving 1. I don't know how true this is but don't see why he would make it up.

That sounds pretty unlikely honestly.

Thanks, that's interesting, although £1,000 is towards the maximum that I'd ever expect TLG to retail a set at! However, I think it's more likely that it will be a display set to attract buyers into the store, but time will tell. If it's true, I'll be buying one as soon as they're available, although I'm not sure how I'll be able to sneak it past my wife! :laugh:

Can't see it happening personally. Almost $1500 here...

15000 pieces is off the top. Way too much. Impossible. No way. Joke. Only 4 people will buy it.

*can...

15000 pieces is off the top. Way too much. Impossible. No way. Joke. Only 4 people will buy it.

Unless there all teeny tiny pieces... but yeah, that is very unlikely.

BrickCommander, if I remember correctly, you offered to talk about the new Force Awakens sets after their release. :sweet: If that offer still stands, I'd love to hear anything you'd like to, and can, share. I'm particularly interested in the design challenge imposed by working with early concepts. Based on the multitude of colour schemes Kylo Ren's shuttle appears in toy form (white, grey, black with red glass - not to speak of its wing function and layout), I assume the design was overhauled multiple times. I won't ask specific questions and hope you'll just chat away. :wink:

Very well, since all the sets have been released by now, why not! No more secrets! Well, maybe one or two ;)

Anyway, early concept images are not per se more difficult to work with, as long as they are conclusive and detailed enough. There's just the inconvenient risk that the final version showing up in the movie was still changed after our development deadlines are past and it was too late for us to alter our design. You all saw the concept images of Kylo's shuttle with straight wings. Basically those were the same images we had to work with, plus some untextured 3D renderings. But in the teaser the ship had apparently grown itself some V-wings - damn! So what happened here? The truth is: we really don't know. My personal theory? Based on his sense of aesthetics demonstrated in two Star Trek movies, this was a last-minute change director J.J. Abrams requested. While the straight wings look really imposing on pictures, they are probably a bit static and much less impressive when the shuttle is in motion. Keep in mind, this is just what I believe happened.

But at that point (when the teaser was released) it was water under the bridge anyway. We were all working on other new sets, so there wasn't even a point in asking for new reference pictures.

The color of the set - dark gray - was a design decision to differentiate the shuttle from other mostly light gray sets. At one point this became a problem when the new X-Wing set also changed color to dark gray/orange ... before finally nicely settling on black/orange.

With my own set - the new old Millennium Falcon - I had similar issues. I even started out without any new reference images. Later I got pictures of the movie set under construction and shots of the messy interior, and finally images of the new "dish" - which wasn't actually a dish anymore. Exciting! Something new to build!

But this is a different story .... :)

If Echo Base really is releasing in a few weeks, Lego has done a very good job of keeping it secret. The only thing I don't understand is why, exactly?

Echo base.. very secretive indeed.

If Echo Base really is releasing in a few weeks, Lego has done a very good job of keeping it secret. The only thing I don't understand is why, exactly?

I guess we'll maybe find out in a few weeks. I really hope so. Depending on the looks of the set (if we'll even see it anytime soon), I may or may not get it. Kind of saving up for 2016 Star Wars TFA sets, and the ones just released.

Very well, since all the sets have been released by now, why not! No more secrets! Well, maybe one or two....

Thanks for the background BC! I find that sort of information fascinating. My background isn't in graphic design, so forgive my ignorance, after initial sketches of a new set do you start off with a computer generated build or a physical one? And will you be working on the Star Wars Rogue One sets? Thanks again for sharing!