Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Any updates/leaks on the UCS Hoth base that is supposed to come out next month? It's going to cap off my lego purchases for the year..the first 2 being slave 1 and the Tydirium imperial shuttle :D

Check the 2016 thread, there a non ucs set

I'm wondering... if some wires have been crossed at all, or if, one of the Hoth sets 'rumours' simply turns out to be incorrect... as it appears we are definitely getting a Hoth Attack set which will be small... might it just be that there was no UCS Hoth set to begin with, and the original source somehow got it mixed up... and that it simply is just the Hoth attack...?

I'm wondering... if some wires have been crossed at all, or if, one of the Hoth sets 'rumours' simply turns out to be incorrect... as it appears we are definitely getting a Hoth Attack set which will be small... might it just be that there was no UCS Hoth set to begin with, and the original source somehow got it mixed up... and that it simply is just the Hoth attack...?

Would be incredibly surprised if there weren't going to be at least two Hoth sets.

First one would include the shield generator, ion cannon, blast doors and all the other elements we saw in the short video from the LEGO website.

Second one would be 2016's Hoth Attack set.

Then it's quite surprising we haven't seen anything yet if it's indeed an October release. I hope they won't pull the last MTT stunt on us where our first piece of news were the photos of the set on shelves in some toy store in Czech Republic or Hungary...

Surprising, but not unheard of. The fact that the rest of the rumors on that list have all panned out, and right on time for each-- I wouldn't rule it out yet.

The original source was an employee at the London LEGO store. It blew up from there out of rampant speculation, hope and wishful thienking. Since then, I think we've gotten mixed signals between the UCS and the Hoth Attack set. I would not be surprised either way if the set turns out to be anything from an A-wing to a Z-95, a Hoth base to replace the Ewok Village on shelves, or even a repackaged Death Star with updated figures.

Edited by rollermonkey

We shouldn't be too quick to forget the new Hoth figure in the advent calendar. While it doesn't prove anything by itself, we've seen LEGO introduce new figures in an Advent Calendar that would later be in a D2C set. A great example of this would be the 2013 Advent Calendar and the Ewok village.

But, I have to consider the other side. If we were getting a large D2C set in October, which is only a couple of weeks away, it should've been revealed by this point. At this point I'm 50/50 on whether or not this is going to be released this October. Still holding out for a later release, a la the Slave I.

I guess the UCS Hoth rumour is dissipating.

Certainly looks like - for the first time, really - the rumour mill was wrong. Looks like we'll be getting a small Hoth set in 2016 where we'll see the new Hoth trooper make his non-Advent calendar debut

Certainly looks like - for the first time, really - the rumour mill was wrong. Looks like we'll be getting a small Hoth set in 2016 where we'll see the new Hoth trooper make his non-Advent calendar debut

I wouldn't be too quick to judge. Even though it may not be released in October, I don't doubt the fact that there is a USC Hoth Base coming (similar to how the Slave 1 was thought to be released in October also).

I wouldn't be too quick to judge. Even though it may not be released in October, I don't doubt the fact that there is a USC Hoth Base coming (similar to how the Slave 1 was thought to be released in October also).

While I am quite afraid that it may end up being staying just a rumour... I'm going to hold my hopes up high until the very end lol...

Nah, I'm 100% sure it's still coming. I heard it looks more like a playset, but like that video. Maybe they pushed it back, like they did the Slave I? I dunno.

Nah, I'm 100% sure it's still coming. I heard it looks more like a playset, but like that video. Maybe they pushed it back, like they did the Slave I? I dunno.

Does it happen to look anything like the kenner toy, like ewok village did?

I'm thinking you're 100% right on this one and I think a lot of AFOL's will be disappointed with the Hoth Echo Base.

I'm convinced it's a playset consisting of the multiple parts we've seen in the video instead of one huge base. The elements are really detailed and we've even seen some of the play features (exploding shield generator, opening/firing ion cannon, opening gate).

Looking at the vid again, I'm thinking the set will include:

- A large trench with guns and cannons (stud shooters + spring shooters)

- Echo Base's gate with another cannon and the ion cannon attached

- The shield generator

- The mechanic's cart

- And yes... A snow speeder (the one in the video has a new color scheme)

- An Imperial speeder bike and small gun turret

- A new (rather small) Wampa cave with a Wampa and the new Hoth Luke redesign seen in the video

I don't think it will include the 75054 AT-AT :wink:

- A new (rather small) Wampa cave with a Wampa and the new Hoth Luke redesign seen in the video

This is enough to get me excited. I love the molded animals and beasts, and I'd love to see a new Wampa!

Thats pleasing to know :)

I'm thinking you're 100% right on this one and I think a lot of AFOL's will be disappointed with the Hoth Echo Base.

I'm convinced it's a playset consisting of the multiple parts we've seen in the video instead of one huge base. The elements are really detailed and we've even seen some of the play features (exploding shield generator, opening/firing ion cannon, opening gate).

I don't believe Lego would make this a $250 exclusive if it didn't have a major build to it. I feel that it will look something like the Kenner toy I posted a page back.

can people who own the new Falcon please give me the number on the back of the instruction book? For some odd reason 75105 is the only set that is not yet up on the website with building instructions.

Edited by merman

I don't believe Lego would make this a $250 exclusive if it didn't have a major build to it. I feel that it will look something like the Kenner toy I posted a page back.

A very remote possibility I'm sure but... I'm wondering if another AT-AT may be included. Just trying to justify that price tag [shrug].

I, know, I know, there's one on the shelves already from the last couple of waves ago.

Another thought I had was the timing of the reveal - because the set is snowy Hoth, are they waiting for summer to end (Northern Hemisphere's privilege and all) before unveiling it because marketing/reasons?

Edited by darththeling

A very remote possibility I'm sure but... I'm wondering if another AT-AT may be included. Just trying to justify that price tag [shrug].

I, know, I know, there's one on the shelves already from the last couple of waves ago.

Another thought I had was the timing of the reveal - because the set is snowy Hoth, are they waiting for summer to end (Northern Hemisphere's privilege and all) before unveiling it because marketing/reasons?

I just think when it comes to D2C Star Wars sets, they are very very tight lipped

can people who own the new Falcon please give me the number on the back of the instruction book? For some odd reason 75105 is the only set that is not yet up on the website with building instructions.

Why would you need the proof of purchase number?

Why would you need the proof of purchase number?

Was thinking the same thing... :sceptic:

I feel that it will look something like the Kenner toy I posted a page back.

I'm afraid you will be disappointed. Sure, no one knows everything about the new Echo Base but TLG. However, there's a strong rumor of a new Echo Base set being released this year and weeks ago, LEGO released a video showing a totally new Echo Base (consisting of multiple segments) with brand new minifigs. Coincidence?

The Echo Base in the video even shows clips holding extra spring missiles. Why would TLG include those in a video if this design isn't the design of an upcoming set they want to promote.

I'm still curious about the minifigs. The video only shows a bunch of generic rebels/pilots, some snow troopers, Toryn Farr, the R2 droid, the white protocol droid, a redesigned Hoth Luke and a Hoth Han who looks like the 2013 promo fig. No Leia, Chewy, R2, 3PO or other iconic characters. I don't think the Echo Base set will include Han, since preliminary images confirm Hoth Han will be in the 2016 Hoth Attack set (source: 2016 rumor thread). Can't wait to get some official info.