Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

:sad face:

It looks pirate-y and transpot-y

It'll proapbly show up at some point in some movie, and end up as a lego set.

*snip*

Do you or any other members have a instructions on how to accomplish this? I plan on picking up this set over the weekend and I definitely want to display it like this! Thanks in advance!

Edited by Lobot
Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

10 years might as well be eternity - nobody here in their right mind would want to wait a decade for a redo of Kylo Ren's shuttle or the Transporter or whatever other kits people are complaining about. In 10 years folks could be out of the hobby, could have moved on, could be living in a country where Lego is too expensive, could be dead, etc. etc. Sure, many Phantom Menace remakes took close to 10 years, but there were a lot that happened much more quickly (Republic Gunship, Grievous Starfighter, Vulture Droids, etc.) Those are the remakes that have dulled some members' senses here, making them apathetic and leading them to believe that we have not entered a dramatically new era of SW Lego. From 2006 through mid-2015 Lego had nothing new to produce outside of TCW besides remakes and reworks of existing vehicles (and covering the few vehicles that had not yet been tackled).

Don't get me wrong, I concur with you that we won't see a remade Kylo Ren Shuttle in a long time, unless it'll appear in the next movies as well. The sets you mentioned appeared in the CW cartoon, so not having any media where the vehicles appear, the Gunship from E2 would have had a 11 year waiting span. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember the remades of E1 and E2 were only about to coincide with the 3D movies. So one can only guess how long we would wait for ships/ scenes / minifigs that don't appear in any media.

(I believe our both) point being, if you want an obscure vehicle from SW that won't reappear in any media (like the Old Republic sets for example), there is probably no chance this set will ever be remade. On the other hand, if you are into X-Wings and Snowspeeders, those are always available somehow. Having said that, it was still a pretty long wait for sets like the Imperial Shuttle, Star Destroyer or Jabbas Barge (not counting any UCS) being remade. Still no remakes of the Cloud Car, Cloud City (2016 only a small part), TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber, Dagobah. I might be forgetting something but the point being - better not wait for something to happen. Get it now, mod it if you want and if there really is a better remake one day, you probably know about it before someone else (who is willing to pay something on Ebay for it) and can just exchange the 2 sets for no additional costs.

Do you or any other members have a instructions on how to accomplish this? I plan on picking up this set over the weekend and I definitely want to display it like this! Thanks in advance!

I, too, modded my Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle, and the instructions on how to accomplish my modifications are very, very simple. If you are interested, these are the pictures of the result, I'll post the instructions below (no pictures needed, it's really that simple)..

MYfAOb7.jpg

W55PqJI.jpg

Q8LhSeP.jpg

As for how to do this mod, at some point you'll have to put 2 1x4 red technic bricks on either side of the ship, and then another 2 above those, separated by a thin plate. I simply removed those red technic bricks entirely and replaced them with 1x6 black technic bricks for the lower ones, and 1x8 black technic bricks for the upper ones. This allows to use the axles provided in the package to attach the wings at an angle. You can make the angle different by simply changing the length of the technic bricks used to attach the wings. I went for this angle because 1) I thought it looked cool and 2) I'm pretty sure that's going to be the "cruising speed" angle that the shuttle goes into, once the wings have finished folding down.. but like I said, if the wings never go to that angle, it's a simple matter of replacing 4 bricks to change it (you don't need to dismantle the whole ship, just remove the axles, take the wing off, and then take a few bricks apart to remove and replace the technic bricks). Hope this helps someone!

EDIT : took another picture after changin the angle, all it requires is to slide the top axles out, move the wing to the desired angle, and then insert the top axles back in and voila!

4DeCMir.jpg

Edited by BalrogJ

I, too, modded my Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle

EDIT : took another picture after changin the angle, all it requires is to slide the top axles out, move the wing to the desired angle, and then insert the top axles back in and voila!

Your last picture (and someone elses within the previous 1 or 2 pages of this thread) looks much better and better with the angle too. Nice to see it is such a simple mod :)

Maybe the extra red rectangle stickers are for the two black slopes that stick out from the red side of the TIE cockpit on the top and bottom?

Maybe the extra red rectangle stickers are for the two black slopes that stick out from the red side of the TIE cockpit on the top and bottom?

If you look at pictures from the trailer you can see that those black slopes are the correct color. I wondered this too.

I, too, modded my Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle, and the instructions on how to accomplish my modifications are very, very simple. If you are interested, these are the pictures of the result, I'll post the instructions below (no pictures needed, it's really that simple)..

*snip*

As for how to do this mod, at some point you'll have to put 2 1x4 red technic bricks on either side of the ship, and then another 2 above those, separated by a thin plate. I simply removed those red technic bricks entirely and replaced them with 1x6 black technic bricks for the lower ones, and 1x8 black technic bricks for the upper ones. This allows to use the axles provided in the package to attach the wings at an angle. You can make the angle different by simply changing the length of the technic bricks used to attach the wings. I went for this angle because 1) I thought it looked cool and 2) I'm pretty sure that's going to be the "cruising speed" angle that the shuttle goes into, once the wings have finished folding down.. but like I said, if the wings never go to that angle, it's a simple matter of replacing 4 bricks to change it (you don't need to dismantle the whole ship, just remove the axles, take the wing off, and then take a few bricks apart to remove and replace the technic bricks). Hope this helps someone!

This mod looks brilliant and sounds so simple. I was going to be holding off on getting the shuttle and was thinking about getting the falcon this month, but as time goes by, I'm getting swayed more towards this shuttle!

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

And those that won't even consider an $80 gift, even for the holidays - they're too cheap to be Lego's target audience in the first place.

What a condescending assumption to make. Since when has Lego been targeting particular groups based on their spending power? If anything the inclusion of sets in each of the price tiers indicates the opposite of what you are assuming. I buy $600+ shoes but I would not consider an $80 Lego set simply because it has a BB8 in it (holidays or not).

€90 for an X-wing, €100 for a little transport??? :wacko: Thank goodness I'm not going to buy any of these sets. And even if i wanted, its not that I could with these prices. :cry_sad:

I agree. Lego is taking the mickey. A blatant attempt to rip people off on the back of the new SW movie. But I suppose we better get used to these tactics because they are going to be used a lot in the months to come and in 2016. Everyone is on the bandwagon. Disney is handing out licences left right and centre. Anything to make money.

And who can blame them considering that the world is full of impatient people who want things yesterday. Personally I will wait until the sets go on sale as usual and get them with 20-30% off. :thumbup::classic:

The color of Kylo's shuttle is tolerable. Dark grey is close enough, the wings can obviously be modified relatively easily. The windshield too if it's supposed to be red.

The shuttle as well as many of the other sets are going to be done and redone to death in the years to come. No need to rush. :wink:

As I've stated elsewhere many times, this is incorrect. The era of remakes is over, definitively - there is a new Star Wars movie coming out every single year. The only slots not taken up by battlepacks, Rebels sets, sets for each year's new film, and microfighters will be filled by keeping the OT and little bits of the PT still alive in the line. Zero time or need to rehash Episode VII sets when there are dozens of things to make for Rogue One and the Han Solo movie and Episode VIII and Episode IX... Don't think you will get a chance to score a better version in a few years. It ain't happening.

Are you on a crusade to increase the hype for these sets or something? What authority have you got to make such definitive statements?

As things stand people can only guess or make assumptions. No one knows with certainty if remakes will happen or not. I can bet that even Lego doesn't know at this moment.

I was reading the Brickset review of 75101 Special Forces TIE Fighter and noticed this:

I though it might have been an error as it has the same torso as the female First Order Officer from 75104 Rylo Ren's Shuttle. I checked other pictures/reviews, it's not an error.

That minifig is either supposed to be a woman or TLG mistakenly gave that officer a feminine torso. Not a big deal, just thought I'd point it out.

There is a difference between the torsos of the two officers in the two sets. One has two chest pockets and the other has only one.

And who can blame them considering that the world is full of impatient people who want things yesterday. Personally I will wait until the sets go on sale as usual and get them with 20-30% off.

What a ridiculous statement to make, just because people went out to buy these went they came out and paid the full price does not make them impatient, it means that they (me included) are happy to pay full price for something we believe is worth it, who are you to suggest that makes us impatient ?

Well, I've modified Kylo's Shuttle to the best of my ability.

BalrogJ's modification was really inspiring, and I tried to take it a step further. It's not perfect, but it'll do for now.

It's surprisingly stable, regardless of the position that the wings are in.

Looks great! Funny we both used gears to hide the axles, but I didn't have any of the bigger gears you used in the back hehe!

Looks great! Funny we both used gears to hide the axles, but I didn't have any of the bigger gears you used in the back hehe!

Thanks! Initially, the larger gears were intended to be a sort of knob for turning the wings upwards and downwards.

Due to the sheer amount of weight that the wings induce, it didn't really work out that way, haha. Still looks cool though.

The smaller eight-tooth gears work really well for a locking mechanism, surprisingly.

Just got an email from Lego - my order for Poe's X-Wing has been cancelled!!! 'demand for the item(s) listed below has exceeded our expectations and the item(s) are no longer available' - can't understand why the order has been outright cancelled instead of simply delayed. Placed the order on the 4th just after they appeared on the Shop@home website using my saved up VIP points.

Just got an email from Lego - my order for Poe's X-Wing has been cancelled!!! 'demand for the item(s) listed below has exceeded our expectations and the item(s) are no longer available' - can't understand why the order has been outright cancelled instead of simply delayed. Placed the order on the 4th just after they appeared on the Shop@home website using my saved up VIP points.

That is bizarre! I can't believe they would cancel an order, rather than delay a newly released set. Maybe huge demand means production is already allocated to retail in the near future? I think Lego are entering unchartered waters in terms of demand with the upcoming release of TFA. It's a worrying sign though because it will be a perfect storm for opportunistic EBay flippers in the lead up to holiday season.

That is bizarre! I can't believe they would cancel an order, rather than delay a newly released set. Maybe huge demand means production is already allocated to retail in the near future? I think Lego are entering unchartered waters in terms of demand with the upcoming release of TFA. It's a worrying sign though because it will be a perfect storm for opportunistic EBay flippers in the lead up to holiday season.

Interestingly, if you go to the UK Shop@home it lists the MF as 'Out of stock, expected ship date 15 Sep 2015' but you can still place an order. However, Poe's X-Wing is 'Temporarily out of stock' and the add to bag button is gone :(

Yet it looks like I can still get the X-Wing from various local toy shops which are in-stock. Rather have gotten it from Lego to use my VIP points and get another Yularen fig though :(

What country are you in?

Awesome! It really does seem simple! Just one request though if you don't mind.. Could you tell me what page number of the instruction booklet these changes take place? I'm sure I would figure it out myself but I don't wanna glance over it and miss it.. Thanks!

Call them. Ask what happened. Maybe you can get a clearer answer from a human.

...that, or maybe Disney doesn't like the idea you got it for free? :wink:

The exact same thing happened to me :angry: Delaying orders is nothing out of the ordinary, but cancelling them? Unheard of. Now I have to get the X-Wing elsewhere :sceptic:

The exact same thing happened to me :angry: Delaying orders is nothing out of the ordinary, but cancelling them? Unheard of. Now I have to get the X-Wing elsewhere :sceptic:

According to users on Reddit, Poe's X-Wing has been recalled due to a faulty windscreen mould.

Therefore, all current orders have been cancelled. It makes sense, assuming the recall reason is true.

It's really unfortunate that so many recent sets are being recalled, especially since LEGO's QA is usually excellent.