Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

while the trailer ship doesnt have any.

Not true. It does.

ScreenHunter_07 Sep. 06 20.53.jpg

It is quite clearly the same ship as this one, i.e. Kylo's shuttle:

http://www.fathead.c...cal/?src=browse

This website linked above allows for a VERY close look at the shuttle and wing attachment - just click on the image and then use + "button" to zoom in. It is a very high resolution picture, but unfortunately included as Flash plug-in, so not easily downloadable. For me it looks like there is one main "ball joint" attachment at the rear of the wing and three smaller attachments ahead of it - each also looks like it ends with a ball joint or a hinge of sort.

Edited by Vodnik

I have the Transporter and it's awesome. My only complaint is that from what I can see in the trailer the ship should be longer which I think would help make the cabin look less oversized. The way that the ship is built means that extending it's length should be an easy task.

I fully agree. It should be MUCH longer. Take a look at this drawing:

http://youbentmywookie.com/wookie/gallery/0815_star-wars-the-force-awakens-coloring-book/star%20wars%20the%20force%20awakens%20coloring%20book_5.JPG

Maybe it is not 100% solid reference, but to me it looks much better and closer to what I would expect such ship to look like. I'm actually contemplating buying two sets to build one longer ship and have double the number of stormies, but the price is so high, that I will probably buy one and just use the parts I already have or bricklink some to enlarge the ship.

Edited by Vodnik

Not true. It does.

It is quite clearly the same ship as this one, i.e. Kylo's shuttle:

http://www.fathead.c...cal/?src=browse

This website linked above allows for a VERY close look at the shuttle and wing attachment - just click on the image and then use + "button" to zoom in. It is a very high resolution picture, but unfortunately included as Flash plug-in, so not easily downloadable. For me it looks like there is one main "ball joint" attachment at the rear of the wing and three smaller attachments ahead of it - each also looks like it ends with a ball joint or a hinge of sort.

Hmm, indeed it does (havent examined the teaser frame by frame, so might have missed the high contrast against the lit up SD), looks like the fold-out flaps on the lego model are wrong though.

Hmm, indeed it does (havent examined the teaser frame by frame, so might have missed the high contrast against the lit up SD), looks like the fold-out flaps on the lego model are wrong though.

Yeah, so far we have not seen any proof of existence of such flaps...

Funny thing is they are using the same transporter vehicle in the rogue one filming, must be something the first order acquired from the empire maybe design wise or maybe just stock of them. Judging by what they are using on set there Lego's version seems quite accurate.

Funny thing is they are using the same transporter vehicle in the rogue one filming, must be something the first order acquired from the empire maybe design wise or maybe just stock of them. Judging by what they are using on set there Lego's version seems quite accurate.

If you mean this:

then it is just the front half of the transporter. The rear half is missing completely. Compare to this drawing and note the location of raised detail on top deck (in Lego set represented by spring shooters): http://youbentmywook...ring book_5.JPG

For me it is just another proof that the Lego version is about half as long as it should be.

Edited by Vodnik

If you mean this:

then it is just the front half of the transporter. The rear half is missing completely. Compare to this drawing and note the location of raised detail on top deck (in Lego set represented by spring shooters): http://youbentmywook...ring book_5.JPG

For me it is just another proof that the Lego version is about half as long as it should be.

AH, I see, well could be worse, they got the basic shape and working off old concept art they can't get everything right. No biggie, nowhere near as disastrous as some of the muck ups they've made in other license themes (Iron Man 3 I'm looking at you). IMO the size of the thing doesn't really justify £80 but maybe in person it's larger than it looks and at least it has a nice array of figures.

Just built Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle and Rey's speeder and they both are pretty awesome sets! Shuttle looks much better in hands than it does on a photos. But Kylo Ren's light saber is the biggest disappointment of the set. They should have made new hilt for it. General Hux looks great but lacks a hairpiece. And Rey's speeder is great set for its price definitely a must buy for everyone.

AH, I see, well could be worse. (...)

Yeah...The shuttle, for instance...

To be fair, Lego released the MTT last year (I think), and the size wasn't movie-accurate as well...

In my opinion, within legos general style the transporter should be about 4 studs longer in the front.

Hodgepodge:

14jvvup.png

That's very possible... I just think that the designers are given strict piece counts etc and once they have a build then adding 4 studs to the length might take things too far beyond that count once they factor in the full extent of the build.

Who knows... I actually think it works as a set and if people wanted to add to it then I'd be interested in seeing what they came up with.

In my opinion, within legos general style the transporter should be about 4 studs longer in the front.

Hodgepodge:

*snip*

Nice comparison picture. You do know that Lego werent even allowed to take pictures of concept art for the movie when they visited Pinewood studios? I agree this set has a lot of mistakes and problems like a misused space in the back of transporter which could have been used to make another control room, or sticker in the middle of transporter which means door is supposed to be there. Kylo Ren's shuttle isn't folding wings out. Just compare first Lego version of TIE fighter to current one, these sets will obviously be remade either for Ep8 or just to improve the old version like they always do. Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images

For whatever reason, none of the minifigure parts from the TFA sets are available to buy from the Pick a Brick Customer Service thing. They just say out of stock. All that's available are just plain legs or torsos. Any idea when they'll put them onsale? It's the only way I plan on getting these figures.

For whatever reason, none of the minifigure parts from the TFA sets are available to buy from the Pick a Brick Customer Service thing. They just say out of stock. All that's available are just plain legs or torsos. Any idea when they'll put them onsale? It's the only way I plan on getting these figures.

They don't sell licensed fig parts on Pick-a-brick unfortunately.

Considering they're from licensed sets, might be never :sceptic:

Edited by Sir Gareth

Obviously they want people to buy new sets to get new minifigs. I wouldn't expect them to be available from Pick a Brick anytime soon.

I'm guessing CM4Sci means the missing parts customer service section. I totally get that Lego doesnt easlily make those available yet. If your set reallys has something wrong with it, I'm sure a phonecall will suffice.

I checked that too... I doubt they will.

And to those that say they don't sell licensed figure parts on B&P... yes they do. Just not from every set.

They don't sell licensed fig parts on Pick-a-brick unfortunately.

Actually they do sometimes. I just bought a complete (in parts of course) Asajj Ventress and some time ago Sabine Wren was available (minus the helmet :( ).

Edited by Vodnik

Actually they do sometimes. I just bought a complete (in parts of course) Assaj Ventres and some time ago Sabine Wren was available (minus the helmet :( ).

That is only when they make a mistake and don't flag licensed parts correctly. As soon as they notice it those parts are gone too. I've seen it once for one of the Hobbit sets.

From the FAQ: http://service.lego.com/nb-no/helptopics/replacement-parts/replacing-minifigures

We're sorry, but collectible minifigures and figures from "licensed" sets such as STAR WARSTM are only available in their original packaging on LEGO Shop.

All well, I still like his shuttle. I wouldn't expect an updated one for some time either, unless they do a UCS

All well, I still like his shuttle. I wouldn't expect an updated one for some time either, unless they do a UCS

Lego will probably release updated version of Shuttle as part of Ep 8 sets in May 2017.