Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

In case anybody is interested, the global live unboxing just featured the First Order Transporter. Looks like a great set to me!

A designer just confirmed that Kylo Ren's Shuttle was designed from sketches (not even photos, as taken those was prohibited) drawn at pre-production. Also, how quickly that guy assembled the shuttle is insane!

Seeing the shuttle in hand, I actually like the look. I just wonder if the colour is right, or if a lighter (possibly even white) base colour would be more accurate to the movie version.

A designer just confirmed that Kylo Ren's Shuttle was designed from sketches (not even photos, as taken those was prohibited) drawn at pre-production. Also, how quickly that guy assembled the shuttle is insane!

Seeing the shuttle in hand, I actually like the look. I just wonder if the colour is right, or if a lighter (possibly even white) base colour would be more accurate to the movie version.

If it's not 100% accurate it's not a problem. As it is a key movie vehicule it will recieve a new version every 3-5 years, just like darth maul's infiltrator.

It's not super surprising, but it does confirm that the set designers had very little to go on when designing the, uh, sets.

Which, you know, sucks. Seriously, they weren't even allowed to take pictures?! Given how important merchandise has been to Star Wars, you'd think... eurgh... At least they still look cool...

Edited by SonofTheShire

Interesting... I guess that explains why the shape of the shuttle is different from the trailer (http://i.imgur.com/Cx7C5jT.png ) : we're gonna only have the landing mode, since, judging by the live stream, we can't give it a V-shape at all.

Normally, I wouldn't care about inaccuracies (although the one mentioned above is a huge one), but the prices are quite high, so in the end, it matters

I like the x-wing, however.

Edited by J_Alexander

Guys, when the Snowspeeder gets revealed, please post it here 'cause then I can put up my review!

Where did you see the designer confirm this info? Just curious if it was a designer vid or something Lego officially posted. Thanks!

So much cringe. The people have no stage presence, if you know what I mean. They look so uncomfortable.

There's only been one good "top ten" list: the one with the X-wing as #1.

For the life of me I don't know why they didn't bring in enthusiast collectors to actually unbox and assemble these things while the hosts talked. The hosts are doing such a bad job of doing both at the same time, they're almost anti-selling things!

From the video by the looks of it the new millennium falcon has the same open up functionality of the 2011 model but far more detail and more printed/stickered parts for the inside and the inside itself seems a to have a bit more in it, the dejarik table piece looks awesome, larger like a table and printed at that! I can't tell if they've fixed the boarding ramp being too close to the ground on this one.

Alright, here's a look at the Snowspeeder set!

20487314674_03bf8134f3_z.jpg

20922047088_f7107c23e1_z.jpg

20921837270_3230203bc7_z.jpg

21083730166_7ba9d64021_z.jpg

21109934005_512a65902f_z.jpg

21117648951_973b55fdc4_z.jpg

21117650751_1e55133049_z.jpg

I like this set! The build for it was surprisingly fun. There's a few play features... the "invisible" wheels at the bottom make it really fun to move around, and the rapid stud shooters are always fun to shoot. I really like the hinged chair design. The minifigures are exclusive and have a lot going on, even a little "backpack" with a printed tile. Overall, for $40, it's a pretty strong set. Personally, I wish it was more colorful, but that's not LEGO's fault and since it's a villain vehicle, it really shouldn't be so colorful.

I can't believe they are charging £70 for an X-wing and £80 for the transport both of which barely look large enough to fill the £59.99 slot, I mean 3 minfigures in a £70 set? That's bonkers! I am liking the sets themselves though, all of them look quite fun and the figures are incredible! Shame it appears Lego is aiming this wave at billionaires...

I can't believe they are charging £70 for an X-wing and £80 for the transport both of which barely look large enough to fill the £59.99 slot, I mean 3 minfigures in a £70 set? That's bonkers! I am liking the sets themselves though, all of them look quite fun and the figures are incredible! Shame it appears Lego is aiming this wave at billionaires...

The prices are higher in Euros. i agree they're getting too pricey for people in Europe and Asia.

You know...I'm pretty tempted to avoid buying a lot of these sets, if only because Lego has a tendency to remake Star Wars sets over and over for the course of many years. That, and a lot of these characters will probably reappear in cheaper sets down the line. I mean, it'll be three years before Episode VIII. I'm guessing Finn and Kylo and Phasma will appear in smaller, cheaper sets at some point, like in Microfighters or something. Lego will want to milk these molds for awhile. And maybe we'll get Santa Phasma in the 2016 calendar.

Will TRU mark up the sets even further? I'm trying to plan which store I should go to tonight :grin:

Edited by montyofmusic

I'm guessing Finn and Kylo and Phasma will appear in smaller, cheaper sets at some point, like in Microfighters or something. Lego will want to milk these molds for awhile.

Microfighters tend to not have unique figures in them, so people can buy multiple and build an army (the only obvious exception being Han with the Falcon, but people wouldnt buy more then 1 falcon anyway). The Ghost from rebels is rumored to be in the next wave though, so it is possible, just not extremely likely imho

I mean, it'll be three years before Episode VIII

Episode VIII will be released in late May 2017; so that's a 20 1/2 months :wink:

Just went to the Toys R Us and Target midnight openings in Melbourne, Australia. What a complete farce. Toys R Us had no TFA Lego, that's right, zero stock. Target had Rey's Speeder, The Falcon and Tie but not the others. Not surprisingly scalpers were filling trolleys with these and leaving the new constraction figures. I hope the rest of the world fairs better because it was a complete waste of time down here! Good luck!