Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

How about reading through the thread before posting?

Apologies, I don't keep track of this topic daily anymore and I only knew something about an embargo and people asking for PMs to see pics.

I've edited my post and will henceforth try to read the first post of the topic in scenarios like this one, but reading the dozens of new pages that pop up

every day would be... too much. Still, it won't happen again.

Edited by General Magma

I'm still weary and on the fence of buying the new sets once they come out. A part of me wants to buy them all, regardless of the quality of The Force Awakens film, while on the other hand I want to wait and see the film, and then consider purchasing the sets.

Decisions, decisions...

I'm hoping the C-3PO polybag is get with purchase. If it just gets put out on pegs like a normal polybag, it'll be easy scalper bait. I guess I can just wait till they release him in a set eventually.

I dont really care about the head of Phasma. The minifig is very cool by itself, and im sure everyone has a face they could put there. Since im not purist when it comes to LEGO, i could put Leia's head in there and i would't care.

Edited by Lego Fett

Nobody said she's actually a human. For all we know, she could be a Chiss or never even revealed in the first place.

Or a hutt trying to overthrow the republic.

Well I have to say that it has taking me way too long to read through the recent posts as I was away at the weekend, and basically, there is a lot of tosh - of which I realise this post is adding to that (apologies).

That said, I do want to point out that EB is most usually a fantastic site and interesting forum - the best in fact imho. I certainly wish to keep TLG on side, and I appreciate the balanced views and efforts of the mods. Not long to go thankfully, and what I really care about is whether C3PO will be on Shop at Home with £50 spent. If so I have some day 1 decisions to make. If not, I shall await legal (you know what I mean) reviews.

And a question, is the lead villain vehicle under-scaled. I assume it is similar sized to a Lambada Class, therefore cannot wait to see some serious UCS mocs in 2016. Those would be some heavy wings to make movable, but I am sure there are EB members who could pull it off.

And seriously MODS, thanks for your patience with us. ben

I don't know if this is a spoiler or not, but if you want to know nothing, don't read it.

The white V-shaped ship in the 2nd trailer and the lead villain ship we've seen in LEGO form are almost definitely two different vehicles.

The Hasbro catalog, which is either leaked, or release, I don't know, has pretty good pictures of them on pages 24 and 33. Based on the opposite colors, black vs. white, and some other cosmetic differences, I really think there's not just one ship in two configurations.

You are most likely correct.

I believe Lego built the correct ship as per the box description.

I think the other ship is Capt Phasma's, which considering Captain Phasma comes with a troop transport, and the clip shows it surrounded by them. It stands to reason that the clip doesn't show a commander's ship, but instead a strike force.

Jim

I've wondered about that myself as the main body of the ship seems different. Like the V shaped one seems flatter if I recall correctly...

Upon possibly seeing a visual representation of a minifigure based on a character who may or may not be the lead villain in TFA, I prefer the hooded version as it's more iconic, but I find it cool that TLG included (maybe) a helmet for the people who might like that look better.

I also really like the dark orange pilot jumpsuits.

Edited by punkkid364

I'm still so conflicted which version of Kylo looks better. I won't know until I try both!

I do plan to add a custom cloth hood just to see how it would look with the helmet.

For those who wanted a better picture set of the figures of the Aluminum Hawk. They are posted!

Jim

Thanks for posting those!

The more I look at Finn, the more I like him. Really great face printing as well.

Or on my website. That way I get no one into trouble. ;)

Jim

Thanks for the review Jim, really helpful. I had fun comparing every shot you took to my 7965 looking at the differences. I like the updated set but I can't justify it for now when I already own 7965.

.... As for other minifigs it now officiall , all Stormtroopers and Tie pilots have generic angry clone face...

That's disappointing. TLG can do amazingly detailed and varied minfig prints yet I wish there was some more variety in generic minifig heads. Although the best stormtrooper heads have been the black ones with balaclava print.

It's worth noting that the Resistance X-Wing Pilot head is the same as the Resistance fighter from the transporter.

I couldn't care less about Phasma's head, it might be that way to avoid a spoiler but more likely it's because Lego had no reference material to base it on. The actor beneath a costume doesn't mean anything. I'm sure it will be updated in the coming years, as with Fett.

Edited by afolaus

Just an idea:

Wouldn't it make sense to open a new thread for UCS rumors and pictures?

I'm personally not much interested in small sets and don't want to read over 5 pages everyday just to find out that there is nothing new about UCS sets and running in danger to be spoilered about the new movie. Or even overread a post that is about an upcoming UCS set.

I'm still so conflicted which version of Kylo looks better. I won't know until I try both!

I prefer the hooded version.Of course Kylo Ren won't be like to walk around with a oversized helmet thingie. :grin:

Just an idea:

Wouldn't it make sense to open a new thread for UCS rumors and pictures?

I'm personally not much interested in small sets and don't want to read over 5 pages everyday just to find out that there is nothing new about UCS sets and running in danger to be spoilered about the new movie. Or even overread a post that is about an upcoming UCS set.

The only UCS set that has any kind of rumour (which can be backed up with a source) is the Hoth set and at the moment we have nothing to go by other than the cost and some reference which may or not be included from a recent Lego animation. I don't think we need a new thread just for that.

The only UCS set that has any kind of rumour (which can be backed up with a source) is the Hoth set and at the moment we have nothing to go by other than the cost and some reference which may or not be included from a recent Lego animation. I don't think we need a new thread just for that.

Im having trouble depicting how a base as a Lego set would be considered UCS. Unless most of the pieces went into building a hill and a sliding door. Because most Lego bases look like they are play sets.

Edited by Lego Fett

I've decided to bite the bullet and sell my 7965 Millenium Falcon and replace it with a new, very similar set - mentioning no names or set numbers! I think the subtle changes make it worth the swap. Anyone interested in the 7965 feel free to pm me or check it out on eBay soon!

I've decided to bite the bullet and sell my 7965 Millenium Falcon and replace it with a new, very similar set - mentioning no names or set numbers! I think the subtle changes make it worth the swap. Anyone interested in the 7965 feel free to pm me or check it out on eBay soon!

Don't do it now.

We still don't know too many details about the new Falcon.Althrough it may a improvement over 7965,but at the same time it also may have new flaws compared to 7965.I suggest wait for a while and see how the new Falcon turns out.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

Im having trouble depicting how a base as a Lego set would be considered UCS. Unless most of the pieces went into building a hill and a sliding door. Because most Lego bases look like they are play sets.

Well it's the closest thing we've heard to a UCS set. They've at least been putting the UCS tag on the boxes which makes it easier to properly label them as such but now the numbering has changed I suppose time will well. I've always considered sets above £150 a UCS set and if this is around the £200 mark such as the Ewok Village then I'd probably include it in that. The Sandcrawler had the UCS tag but no information plaque but I see where you're coming from on the playset thing. It may not technically be as such but that's another conversation... I think for the sake of how it's been described in this thread I'm happy to go with it.