Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

I'm glad you still remember me! I have not heard or seen anything yet. I really do believe the sets won't be released till September 4th and those sets on eBay were obtained illegally. However, if you or anyone knows anything let me know so I don't have to go to Toysrus on midnight!

Not illegally, they were just lucky to find some stores who didn't care about street dates :grin: Called the one store and they said they had the price tags out but no sets on the shelves. She also didn't say anything about the 4th. She said they were "sold out" but maybe they just weren't on the shelves. Who knows?

:cry3: Nothing to add regarding the Prices

75099 Rey's Speeder - 193 pieces - £19.99, €29.99, $19.99 .10/piece

Nice design although too big. Probably impulse buy early on…

75100 First Order Snowspeeder - 444 pieces - £39.99, €54.99, $39.99 .09/piece

Looks like some Megablox Halo stuff, still I’ll try to get it on a discount! Love the trooper variety!

75101 First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter - 517 pieces - £59.99, €76.99, $69.99 .13/piece

I’d love to add it to my Tie collection, but I got the last one at a discount for less than half that price…damn

75102 Poe's X-wing Starfighter - 717 pieces - £69.99, €99.99, $79.99 .11/piece

I think the really nice new canopy looks out of place here. It should be black…

I would have preferred a neutrally colored version with that canopy.

Moreover I think the lower foils would look better studs up.

75103 First Order Transporter - 792 pieces - £79.99, €114.99, $89.99 .11/piece

Looks like a chibi aircraft carrier, will get it anyhow, since I love imperial designs and

all those new troopers.

75104 Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle - 1004 pieces - £99.99, €129.99, $119.99 .12/piece

Too much money for a winged atat. I can’t see how it can fold out its wings either. I hope Kylo survives the first movie, so he can return in some cheaper/better set.

75105 Millennium Falcon - 1332 pieces - £129.99, €164.99, $149.99 .11/piece

I should update my falcon (7190). Maybe this is the one to take its spot. On the other hand it looks exactly like all the predecessors which I didn’t buy either…

finally someone who realizes you dont kill the bad guy in movie one

I live in Houston and am now very tempted to go hunting for FA sets. I am, however, a little skeptical because I work at a Lego Retail store and we don't even have the sets on hand yet. Does anyone have links to the pictures of the FA sets that people have purchased?

I live in Houston and am now very tempted to go hunting for FA sets. I am, however, a little skeptical because I work at a Lego Retail store and we don't even have the sets on hand yet. Does anyone have links to the pictures of the FA sets that people have purchased?

If you go on eBay and type in Force Awakens Lego you'll see them. I doubt the lego stores are letting them out. It's probably toy stores like Toys'r'us or other retailers like local walmarts or targets. Most of the hasbro stuff has been coming out of those outlets.

Edited by joebiwankenobi

Agreed. AFOLs can't all afford a $500 set either. $150 is a real stretch as is, and just about everyone who sees the film will want the Falcon. I myself would much rather have a "kid" version of the Falcon that's more or less in scale with the other sets rather than an uber-detailed version that doesn't fit.

More or less, the system falcons are completely out of scale!!! the UCS on the other hand is built to minifig scale. Anyways, your point is valid

So looking at the SW TFA Lego sets. Talk about some highs and lows. The highs look to be the three re-imagined classic ships. The Millennium Falcon looks great. The X-Wing looks like a great build in spite of the colors (I bet Lego is really regreting that Stealth E-Wing now) and it looks like they nailed the new Tie nicely. The Imperial ships... Ugh! Am I the only one having First Wave Clone Wars Flashbacks? The Twilight ring any bells? JJ Abrams is once again practicing his "Secret Box" style of marketing. The box this time is grey and covered with studs and may or may not carry some sort of Stormtrooper. The box is virtually indistinguishable from the box that the box is packaged in.

Someone on eBay is already selling ep7 sets a he took pictures of back of the boxes(sets 75099,75100, 75101) and I am really impressed by them. It changed my opinion on Rey's speeder and TIE fighter sets, still uncertain about FO Snowspeeder though. Rey's speeder is hollow on the inside so you can use this compartment to store some items which is really sweet! Tie fighter really holds 2 pilots! Finally! Now all that left is to find pictures of back side of the boxes of 75103,75104 and 75105.

Lol, they sell Kylo's shuttle for 179US$ on ebay, shipment date september 4th.

I wonder how many he has sold to date.

Edited by Bissspuren

- I also recommend you to look for the sets on ebay to get more information.

- This German website gives us the best look to the pictures.

From the desctiption you can interpretate some information:

- Rey's speeder includes 2 "trapdoors" for the crate plus detail on the inside. It seems like there is a "turning" mechanism to open it up.

- The backside of the T-Fighter is also covered by this round windshield piece.

- the round piece on the side of the FO Transporter controls the loading ramp.

- the blasters of the rebels are in some "titanium" color.

- you can take off the "roof" easily.

- as some folks mentioned before; it also got invisible wheels.

- the big ugly box next to the hatch is actually the cockpit - one figure can fit inside. However the set doesn't include a pilot.

- the FO Officer from Kylo Ren's "AT-AT head with wings each worth 30 bucks" is an older female.

- probably white binoculars

- description says it can be opened from the front, back & the downside - whatever that means. I guess we'll have a ramp which means it needs some landing gear.

- There's some storage inside & - like with Tyderium - some "furniture" on jumperpieces. However I cannot make out for WHICH stuff. I'd speculate you have more missiles on the inside.

- However there's definatly not to much place for figures inside. My guess would be 3 seats.

Falcon:

- Description tells us about the exact same features from the last version.

- Pretty sure there is no escape pod (again)

+ storage for missiles

+ it says something about cabels. Hopefully not just a sticker.

I'm not going to buy any of these sets, but I'm glad to see that visors are now attached to the helmet and not printed on the face. :thumbup:

Edited by Cyberfounder

I'm not going to buy any of these sets, but I'm glad to see that visors are now attached to the helmet and not printed on the face. :thumbup:

Me too.Luckily the visors are now attached to the helmet,but it will be nice if the visors has a flip up and down function.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

I don't think that it's suitable to release a new UCS Millenium Falcon now,because if 75105 released as a UCS set,pricing it would be tricky and it may hinder the customers that have less cost for buying Lego sets from buying the new Millenium Falcon.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

Guys, the "stealth" x-wing as you are calling it is Poe's ship so it's probably the "new" Falcon. I bet it's gonna become the coolest spaceship in the whole movie. It just seems so special and different.

Even though I would have liked a generic blue one, I feel like this choice was better.

Guys, the "stealth" x-wing as you are calling it is Poe's ship so it's probably the "new" Falcon. I bet it's gonna become the coolest spaceship in the whole movie. It just seems so special and different.

Even though I would have liked a generic blue one, I feel like this choice was better.

I don't think the "old" falcon is going anywhere. Plus, where would you place space chess on an x-wing, even if it was stealthy.

Hard to say IMO. With the Falcon, you have an actual set piece that the cast can interact with. I don't think that the Falcon has the love it does because of the appearance, I think it gets the love because of how it's used to progress the story/the memorable scenes that take place within it.

I think Poe's X-Wing will be more of a prop, similar to Anakin/Obi-Wan's Starfighters.

I don't think the "old" falcon is going anywhere. Plus, where would you place space chess on an x-wing, even if it was stealthy.

it's called Dejarik, and I've no clue how you would play via fighter craft of any kind. :tongue: would be fun to watch though

The Falcon is basically a rehash. They really had the chance to give us a new cockpit.

Even if the price won't be thaaat high.. best thing would be if we don't go with the hype & instead buy really well done incarnations of current sets. Cause I'm sure there'll be a huge discount for Tyderium & Co. :devil:

I mean just compare the difference between Tyderium & older version to the new & the last Falcon.. The X-Wing is the only craft which captures the SW style & gets improved (like the colors or not).

The new designs are interessting.. They remind me off other scifi stuff & mocs. In defence of the FO Transporter: it contains important figures and uses it's space (box) - nearly all LEGO SW sets are one/two seeters with most parts built into aestethics.

Overall I personally prefere the aesthetic SW style. I want my T-Fighter's to stay be grey :wink:

My local Target already has price markers out that read "Star Wars TFA" and match up with some of the prices of the sets.

DCPIs?