Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

For those who say the new falcon is the same its predecessors.

just have aside by side comparison, first, radar dish is different, two, completely different coloscheme. muc more withered look and built up vents.

Some of you are way too dramatic..

1) JJ does not design every ship, character, and location in the movie.

2) the quality of Lego sets does not indicate the quality of the movie

3) Lego worked off early concept art so we don't even know how accurate these are.

4) if you don't like the sets, you can't really blame anyone until you actually see the movie.

Yes, blame the movie on jj, not the lego sets and designs

The sets are ugly and even if they are movie accurate than its JJs fault.

Hate the colors, if the colors are correct than its also JJs fault.

From reading this thread I know the entire two and a half hour movie frame by frame.

Thats odd....the official runtime is 124 minutes...less that 2,5 hours. ;)

Hate the colors? A LOT of SW sets are grey. Hate the AT-AT, ISD, Falcon, B-Wing, etc too?

And if you know the movie...I'd like to know the last names of Rey and Finn...and some other things which haven't leaked or are still rumors....

:D

Thats odd....the official runtime is 124 minutes...less that 2,5 hours. ;)

Hate the colors? A LOT of SW sets are grey. Hate the AT-AT, ISD, Falcon, B-Wing, etc too?

And if you know the movie...I'd like to know the last names of Rey and Finn...and some other things which haven't leaked or are still rumors....

:D

Dont forget death star, final duel, AT-DP, AT-ST, troop transport, Sith infiltrator,

Thanks for the images mate! (Man I'm late to the after party here!)

Easily going to be picking up Rey's Speeder, Special Force's TIE Fighter and Poe's X-Wing on day one; the rest can wait to Christmas.

My only main gripe is how Lego done the FO Stormtrooper; they should have given them black hands instead of white, to split the colouring of them more evenly. But that can easily be fixed no problem!

If I was a child like I was when the Prequels started rolling out, and seeing these new set images, I would probably be squeeling with happiness and excitement; oh wait, I am!

There is just no pleasing AFOL's these days...

I believe it was Johan van der Smutt, aka Goldmember, who famously said: "there is just no pleasing you..."...

I couldn't agree more, some members on here really get upset over the smallest of things. I get constructive criticism, but then there's just nitpicking.

It's like whatever Lego do, there will always be something to complain about.

Overall I think the sets will make more sense when people see the movie. For all we know, maybe Kylo doesn't wear the hood that often and the masked piece makes sense.

I disagree on the falcon.

It looks like a real falcon, worn and it looks like it has makeshift repairs, colorscheme is great, the turret looks like an improvement. Sloped pieces instead of those curved ones. It looks like a smugglers ship, not like a YT-1300 right of the production line.

I totally agree - I did a side by side comparison of my Falcon with the image and found a lot of changes, especially around the turret as you mention. The internal structure of the front pincers is obviously very different too, as I'm guessing you need reach into one of the vents to launch the missiles. Obviously the interior is going to be a big factor, but I'm already thinking about beating the old one!

The Lego design may end up being correct.

For all we know the ship in the trailer is transporting who ever ends up being emperor or some such. Why would what appears to be the apprentice get the most fancy ship?

Jim

The sets are ugly and even if they are movie accurate than its JJs fault.

Hate the colors, if the colors are correct than its also JJs fault.

Congratulations! You just won the "Most Intelligent Argument of the Year" award. You obviously have a complete understanding of how these designs are made and approved. These ships are obviously made by JJ, who hand-draws them and colors them, then just throws them in the movie.

It's people like this that make me hate the Star Wars fanbase.

Edited by Clone 01354 Productions

Some of you are way too dramatic..

1) JJ does not design every ship, character, and location in the movie.

2) the quality of Lego sets does not indicate the quality of the movie

3) Lego worked off early concept art so we don't even know how accurate these are.

4) if you don't like the sets, you can't really blame anyone until you actually see the movie.

Well said, some perspective is required...

I totally agree - I did a side by side comparison of my Falcon with the image and found a lot of changes, especially around the turret as you mention. The internal structure of the front pincers is obviously very different too, as I'm guessing you need reach into one of the vents to launch the missiles. Obviously the interior is going to be a big factor, but I'm already thinking about beating the old one!

Finally some who agrees with me on the falcon

Als notice the front part of the ship, the opening roof overlaps with that front compartment, so it looks like that would pe openable too!

If you guys look on Ebay for Force Awakens Lego you can find a Tie Fighter that someone has in hand and they photographed the back of the box. From the looks of it a minifig can fit in the back of the ship.

If you guys look on Ebay for Force Awakens Lego you can find a Tie Fighter that someone has in hand and they photographed the back of the box. From the looks of it a minifig can fit in the back of the ship.

All of the force awakens sets are on eBay

Am I the only one seeing only the snowspeeder?

Can see the TIE now.

Darn, looks like the back will be simply built with a canopy and a new print. Really wanted it to be brick-built. :sceptic:

Yeah, if you guys want to look go to eBay. The snow speeder, tie fighter, and Rey's speeder have all been bought and people have them in hand. The tie fighter has three hatches: front and rear windows and top. It seats two figures. Rey's speeder is a mystery though? Has a play function to store supplies in it. I'm also intrigued by the image on the back of the box. All the sets were purchased in Texas and New Mexico.

Yeah, if you guys want to look go to eBay. The snow speeder, tie fighter, and Rey's speeder have all been bought and people have them in hand. The tie fighter has three hatches: front and rear windows and top. It seats two figures. Rey's speeder is a mystery though? Has a play function to store supplies in it. I'm also intrigued by the image on the back of the box. All the sets were purchased in Texas and New Mexico.

Interesting. That would be conducive to the rumors of the leaked figures being stolen from the Lego factory in Mexico, so I guess the sets got stolen from there too. I wanna see these in person very badly now.

O.O I live in New Mexico...

Just noticed the exposed blue elastic bands at the rear of the new x wing, similar to those on the 9493 (doubled up, even)....

Darth Vader voice: "Noooooooooooooooooooooo....":(

Edited by bennytheoutrider

The sets were purchased in Texas and Mexico?

Have any Houstonians (namioik) found the sets?

I'm planning to do a sweep of the central Houston stores sometime this week - I'll post my findings :classic:

Edited by montyofmusic

I'm planning to do a sweep of the central Houston stores sometime this week - I'll post my findings :classic:

On Ebay I found San Antonio and Abilene Texas, Aurora Colorado and Albuquerque New Mexico. And I think I've pinpointed where the one in Albuquerque was purchased or is at least being sold from.

I'm glad you still remember me! I have not heard or seen anything yet. I really do believe the sets won't be released till September 4th and those sets on eBay were obtained illegally. However, if you or anyone knows anything let me know so I don't have to go to Toysrus on midnight!