Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Firstly, great job of ignoring my post. . .

Secondly, how do you defend saying "This whole idea seems irrelevant..." and don't think that is disrespectful to constraction figure fans? I don't have a problem with whether you are interested in the genre or not, but what surprises me is that people who claim disinterest are happy to spend time trashing the theme/topic/whatever rather than simply ignoring it, like those people who bang on about disliking PT sets and only buy OT set and think that somehow they are the purists. This is a Lego discussion forum, in all its themes and genres. I'm being accused of being a meanie because I point out that when someone trashes a release by TLG they clearly don't know what they are talking about because they almost certainly dont run the most successful toy business in the world.

I am all for intelligent debate and discussion and hearing other people's opinions. And from time to time I will call people on their statements, particularly when they fly in the face of evidence (like huge sales) or when they are dismissive of something that is hugely successful. Time will tell how "irrelevant" the SW constraction figures are.

Also, don't take people so seriously. If I was mad at someone I would let them know with the appropriate emoticon . . . :angry: . . . As I said.I enjoy intelligent debate. Not going to get that today, it seems. . .

[Ooooh, now that WAS rude!]

HAHAHA Stop being so butthurt XD i get a kick out of people like you. Trust me, I know what a heated conversation is like on these forums. I just enjoy picking on people who take everything so seriously. You can't deny, its pretty hilarious watching people like you fumble for an argument XP

I love that X-Wing so much, I want to take it behind the bleachers and get it pregnant. But holy crap are these things overpriced. All of them seem like they should be about $10 cheaper. I mean, I am getting the Tie, the X-Wing, and the Troop transport and I am looking at $240 for just three sets! And the real problem is that I like them all! My wife is going to kill me....

By the way, why the hell would you post the ending to one of the most anticipated movies of all time? Thanks for ruining the excitement of experiencing the ending for the first time in a theater. How inconsiderate do you have to be? That crap doesn't even need to be posted in spoiler tags because no one here wants to know! Show some freaking common sense or go troll on some other forum.

Edited by djmangunz

....Did anyone notice that there is a female First Order Officer in Kylo Ren's shuttle?

ALSO: Since Kylo Ren comes with a hood, maybe his actual head has the helmet printed on? I doubt it's going to be his actual face, so this makes total sense.

Edited by Clone 01354 Productions

Well, Finn's hair is what Lego has really needed. Very versatile. Loving almost all of these sets and I am not even a Star Wars fan. The silver blasters are great and the figs are amazing. I thought their helmets would be too oversized, but they actually look really good.

The transporter set, with a little modification, will work well for a smaller Helicarrier or one of those flying mini SHIELD boats used in the evacuation of Sokovia in Age of Ultron.

All in all, really pleased with this wave. :thumbup: :thumbup:

WOW. These do look better than I expected! Then, I look at the prices though.... :wacko:

The price distribution is a little out of whack. No sets around the $10 mark. It jumps from $20 to $40 and then there are literally four sets close to or over $100.

I used to like when sets were tiered at price points that made sense but this a little steep to accept. I understand that the price per piece ratio, new molds, and minifigures aren't cheap but really some of the sets like the snow speeder have stud shooters galore which inflate the piece count.

The P2P ratio on these is a touch higher than normal, though nothing particularly shocking. It's the surge of large sets that has people reeling, but they're forgetting one critical factor: this is not just a Force Awakens wave, this is also the first Star Wars new movie wave in over a decade and the Holiday 2015 wave. Not only are many parents - the vast bulk of the customer base - going to be more willing to shell out for sets based on the fabled and ultra-hyped Episode VII, it's holiday time, and it makes no sense to release small, compact, cheap sets when people are looking to buy big Christmas gifts to put under the tree. It's an extremely wise business move from Lego to hold off on the cheap sets until next year (January brings small sets galore as we've heard, this is pretty typical of the Lego release cycle), and they can afford to push the envelope a bit more this year in particular because it's freakin' Episode VII. Your kid wants the hottest, coolest, newest Star Wars toys? Your cheapest option is going to be a little speeder (albeit still an awesome one) for 20 bucks, and the next tier up is the still-cool-but-least-exciting Snowspeeder for twice that. If a kid wants BB8, Finn, Poe, Kylo, old Han, Phasma, etc., it's going to have to be one of the bigger gifts - or biggest gift - under the tree.

And I can't blame Lego at all for making it this way, especially since nobody in their right mind will be wasting Star Wars spending money on the turds that Hasbro is pushing out for Force Awakens. Their Force Awakens heroes and villains have the exact same articulation as the figures released in 1977 - it's some kind of sad, sick joke. I collected Hasbro 3.75" for years from childhood to adulthood but when they abandoned any semblance of articulation and opted to produce $10 Happy Meal Toys, all the money I would be spending there is freed up for SW Lego.

If we weren't getting battlepacks in January, I'd be a little perturbed, but by all accounts we are, and a few more mid-range TFA kits besides. Which, with any luck, will mop up the missed major characters from the first wave (droids, Luke, Leia, Maz Kanata, perhaps Snoke).

Has anyone noticed that Poe's X wing has a different cockpit piece than the previous X wing sets?That piece is amazing and have good potential for making great X wing MOC.And at last,finally we can get a repair cart and a ladder that the minifigures can use to enter the X wing cockpit!That's how a X wing set should look like!

Too bad the Flametroopers don't come with actual flames... adding one of these pins and a flame piece to the flamethrower should change that though: :grin:

4274.gif

Maybe they deemed that too violent :laugh:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Too bad the Flametroopers don't come with actual flames... adding one of these pins and a flame piece to the flamethrower should change that though: :grin:

4274.gif

Maybe they deemed that too violent :laugh:

I just tried that, and it works nicely!

EDIT: also, the male Resistance Trooper's torso might make for a decent purist Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly. Usually he wore dark red shirts, but a dark tan like that was in an episode or two... The suspenders work nicely, although he wore his belt low but it could work. Some lighter legs, the reddish brown short tousled-with-side-part hair, and a Lone Ranger or classic pistol, wouldn't be too shabby for a jacketless Captain Mal.

Edited by Venkefedo

Finally Lego released pics of ep7 sets, and they look great! Was already losing hope of seeing pics of sets before going to store on September 4th. After seeing pics of 75103 First Order troop transporter I an really impressed with what Lego has done with it( it'll be first purchase on my list). And Kylo Ren is great looking figure, lego put much effort in his helmet, and ship( might even buy this set after all). Rey's speeder 75099 is the biggest dissapoint of the whole wave for me( I can understand why Fin isn't included but why no bb-8?). The rest of the sets look pretty good in their own right, but Ian still not sold on Snowspeeder.

BB-8 likely isn't in the Rey set because he's already in two other sets. They probably put him in the Falcon to make it an anchor set, collecting all the heroes in one (at least, all who crew the Falcon in the movie). They put him with the other big hero, Poe, because he's the astromech for Poe's ship. So both have logic behind them... But it does leave the wave much like any multipack you'd see from Hasbro or Mattel (or practically any licensed Lego wave, really)... If you want to get the whole cast, you'll have to double up on the same R2-D2, Iron Man, or Batman you already got in another set. It's an annoying practice, regardless of the reasoning behind it. :sceptic:

They screwed up the wings on the X-Wing! When they're closed, they're supposed to make one solid wing! The rest of it looks fine though.

Edited by IronFish

BB-8 likely isn't in the Rey set because he's already in two other sets. They probably put him in the Falcon to make it an anchor set, collecting all the heroes in one (at least, all who crew the Falcon in the movie). They put him with the other big hero, Poe, because he's the astromech for Poe's ship. So both have logic behind them... But it does leave the wave much like any multipack you'd see from Hasbro or Mattel (or practically any licensed Lego wave, really)... If you want to get the whole cast, you'll have to double up on the same R2-D2, Iron Man, or Batman you already got in another set. It's an annoying practice, regardless of the reasoning behind it. :sceptic:

You are probably right about reasoning on minifigs. But from the trailer we see that Rey has bb-8 with her when she rides her speeder bike, so his absence in the sets still bothers me. Edited by benderisgreat

Many thanks for sharing the pictures! My initial thoughts:

X-Wing: really like the colour scheme but agree with anybody noticing the unfortunate wing design; already own a LEGO X-Wing; extremely unlikely purchase

Rey's Speeder: loving it, certain purchase!

Falcon: looks great, never had a MF, will purchase on Force Friday, looking forward to seeing the interior

Snowspeeder: not at all what I expected, interesting look, great figures, possible purchase

Kylo's shuttle: still not a fan of the unicoloured, stud-studded wings; Kylo's helmet is nice and if he has the mask printed on the head, I actually like his design, possible purchase after the movie

FO transporter: the ship is actually pretty nice looking for a block-shaped landing craft and the figures are amazing, very likely purchase

TIE: it may be blasphemy, but I never liked the TIE's design and consequently never had a LEGO version; the crew figures are the ugliest in this wave; highly unlikely purchase

Indeed. I could write a full diatribe about those sets, but it would be a waste of time.

The Falcon looks awesome. Other sets are nightmarish... I still can't believe it.

Yes, I agree to a certain extent. The Falcon looks good but it's too similar to the previous version for me to bother with. Infact the only ones I might be interested in are the Command Shuttle (which looks far better than the first leaked photo of it) and Rey's Speeder. However, most of the prices seem to be even more ridiculous than usual. I won't be buying any of these at RRP, but at 30-40% they might be more appealing :look:

And, please can I remind everyone not to quote images, thanks!

I'm surprised the TIE wing panels are LBG, not white... It just doesn't look right to me. It now looks just like a negative of a regular OT TIE with LBG and black swapped. Of course it will probably be very easy to replace the LBG plates with white ones, but still - this is not what I expected...

And it looks like they repeated the same mistake from the previous MF: a sticker on 2x2 round tile near the upper guns. It will not last long... :(

Edited by Vodnik

Hmm yeah. I like the Falcon, and Rey's speeder doesn't look to bad. I will probably pick up some of these sets when I find a good sale, but it will be mostly for the figs.

One thing I think deserves mention though, there is a good amount of First Order troopers / officers / pilots in those 4 FO sets. Pretty good start for a diverse army for once.

The Falcons a definite buy to me, as I didn't purchase the 2011 version. Pretty much the same for the X-Wing, although I may wait for a discount.

I had high hopes for the Transporter, and although I found the finalised design slightly jarring, it's growing on me.

I'm still on the fence about the snowspeeder and the tie fighter, the snowspeeder because it's boring and the tie fighter because, although it's a nice set, there's just not enough incentive for me to buy it and nothing to put it above "Meh"

The Command Shuttle is also a definitive "no" just because it's so much, and although I like almost all the minifigures, however the ships just not interesting enough and I'm still not a big fan of the FO crew.

I'll buy Reys Speeder if I have a spare £20 lying around, but I'm also trying to catch up on the last couple of battlepacks, so...

^^

Agreed, the diversity here is excellent, it only makes me wish that those Battle Packs were coming now instead of next year.

Also, when these hit the shelves on September 4th will sites like Amazon and Ebay get them on that day as well, or is it just stores only?

Who else thinks the normal stormtroopers should've had black hands? Looks a little odd with those white hands - too much white! Good thing they can be swapped.

Who else thinks the normal stormtroopers should've had black hands? Looks a little odd with those white hands - too much white! Good thing they can be swapped.

Me too. :sceptic:

It's kind of dumb that the stormtroopers has white hand.But however,I will not replace the white hands with black hands.Because,wheen you pull the minifigures hand with brutal forces,it may damage the minifigures.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

The design style of the Commande Shuttle 75104 reminds me the Twilight 7680. The dark age of Lego Star Wars...