Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

I thought there were already pics of Phasma helmet-less in the film. It seems like a lot of trouble to hire a specific actor if she's going to be in a helmet for the entire film.

Nope. Someone Photoshopped Brienne of Tarth's head onto the Vanity Fair Phasma (moving the helmet down to her hand) but that's it. Well, I guess there's a shot of supposedly Christie in some green uniform walking around Greenham Common (which, by all appearances, is a Resistance base), but that could simply be her playing a background extra as "herself", while we'll find out Phasma's actually a Chiss or heavily scarred or a cyborg or any number of other things that could be hidden under that shiny helmet (whether we discover it in TFA or EpVIII). Supposedly Adam Driver was also in an X-wing uniform at one point, but that doesn't mean Kylo Ren infiltrates the Resistance or started out as a Resistance pilot before donning the black mask anymore than Jeremy Bulloch playing an Imperial officer (in the same scene as Boba Fett, whom he also played, when Leia was yelling to Luke that it was a trap) means that Boba Fett was actually an Imperial officer. There are also pictures of actor Treat Williams in a Hoth Rebel uniform from a set-visit to ESB, but by all accounts he was never even filmed as an extra in the movie--just hanging out with pal Carrie.

Edited by Venkefedo

The eBay user selling the Rey figures also has three others (Captain Phasma, a TIE Pilot, and a Snowtrooper) for sale for the same price, $12.99 or best offer plus $2.32 shipping (if you buy multiple items each extra will cost $0.25 to ship).

So is the chrome Captain Phasma minifigure fake then? I'm guessing the leaked figures aren't prototypes if they were stolen Dom factories recently. I don't think it's necessary to make a chrome version as a promotional polybag if she'll be in a set.

Seems LEGO tried justifying the price of the Sith Infiltrator by the size of it, it's pretty large. I'm also loving Qui-Gons new face print and poncho, though I'm not digging Darth Mauls face, wish it was double sided or something.

Apperently the Brickshow got their hands on the new Sith Infiltrator. :o

I gotta say...despite the price....that is one cool looking set! I may add it to my wish list...wait for the price to decrease in a year or two or something.

That Qui-Gon fig is awesome! But despite all of its pros, this set still pales in comparison to what we'll see in the TFA sets. Sure, those updated figs are exciting, but nothing will trump my excitement for what we'll get on Force Friday.

I really, really hate the hands on Watto... I know his inner arms & palms are tan in the film, but it'd be so much nicer if he had sand-blue hands. Qui-Gon looks great, tho, and the ship itself looks pretty neat.

I really, really hate the hands on Watto... I know his inner arms & palms are tan in the film, but it'd be so much nicer if he had sand-blue hands. Qui-Gon looks great, tho, and the ship itself looks pretty neat.

If you really need too, you can get some sand blue hands, and replace them with the tan ones.

So is the chrome Captain Phasma minifigure fake then? I'm guessing the leaked figures aren't prototypes if they were stolen Dom factories recently. I don't think it's necessary to make a chrome version as a promotional polybag if she'll be in a set.

There is no Chrome Phasma yet. The pic earlier supposedly showing one was either just a trick of the light or someone put a pic thru a filter... to me, it still looked just like a silver Phasma like what we've seen before.

If you really need too, you can get some sand blue hands, and replace them with the tan ones.

Yes, I understand that, but I hate having to swap 'em out. Lego often makes some odd hand color choices for figs, and doesn't make nearly enough of certain hand colors in general... I swapped out some of the tan hands from my Endor Rebels for the (much rarer, but AWESOME) dark tan hands--they work so well for gloves! Lego should be using those frequently for many figures!--and giving some Imps bare hands (since so many ANH Imps didn't wear gloves). Watto, up until this point, always had blue or bley hands--the first one's got some of the rarest hands ever! Now we get tan because of the interior, and it looks odd.

There are no sand blue hands, never been made by LEGO before, and this was a good chance for it to happen. I do like the tan choice though.

I like the new Qui-gon’s face a lot; I just wish they gave him a normal non-smirk face as standard look. Now I have to wait for another Qui-gon with a normal look in another set, which is highly unlikely in the foreseeable future.

Qui-Gon looks awesome! They've really perfected the likeness with that new face print. I think the smirk side actually suits him.

Still not a fan of Darth Maul's new face though. The smile is out of character and the inaccurate tattoos bug me, especially when all the previous Darth Maul minifigures from the past 16 years have had the correct look. The new torso design and leg printing look great though. The "pinched hips" look that we usually see on female characters actually works quite well here.

I'm really impressed with the final result of the Infiltrator itself. The prelim pics looked like a jumbled mess of random slope pieces and mismatched colours, but here everything looks much more sleeker and uniformed in colour. The underside also looks much tidier than the 2011 version and I love the detail of the cockpit. Will definitely be picking this up when it hits stores. Hopefully Lego will use the basis of this build for a Naboo Royal Starship in the future.

Also on the topic of Phasma - has anyone noticed she has her black undersuit printed on the legs like the Imperial Inspection Stormtroopers from 2005? Hopefully this means the regular troops (both TFA and future OT Stormtroopers) will start printing the black suit instead of using the ugly black crotch piece.

sw122.jpg?0

Edited by wesker

Wow, the Brick Show's video really makes the Sith Infiltrator look great - love the cockpit interior and playfeatures. I may have to pick that one up after all. I do agree with the comments about Darth Maul's face and Watto's hands, and I wish that we could have had Darth Sidious in here rather than Anakin. I would love to have a head with Sidious' shadded eyes!

I had an action figure of the character in your avatar when I was a kid (bought it at a flea market). I had no clue what the name of this character was, until just now. It's the first time in 15 year I've seen him/her. Would be awesome to get this Phantasm as a minifig!

That was a great toy by Kenner. I would really like that minifigure too!!! :classic: FYI: the character appears in the movie "Batman: Mask of the Phantasm" (highly recommend it).

Edited by phanstasm

Wow, the Brick Show's video really makes XXXX look great

Have you ever seen a the brickshow video saying that a Lego set is not great ? oukellestlababalle.gif?f-ed=1

I can sum up all their reviews in 2 lines :

The ship is great !

And the minifigs are awesome !

cerveau%20prodigy.gif?f-ed=1

Also on the topic of Phasma - has anyone noticed she has her black undersuit printed on the legs like the Imperial Inspection Stormtroopers from 2005? Hopefully this means the regular troops (both TFA and future OT Stormtroopers) will start printing the black suit instead of using the ugly black crotch piece.

That is exactly what it means. Wouldn't have it any other way.

The Lady Cyclops collectable minifig has sand blue hands

Thanks Archer for the info, this is good news, I’ll get one from Bricklink now to modify my Watto :thumbup:

Regarding the Sith infiltrator:

Pros:

-Bigger and nicer

-Less gap

-Definitively sturdier

Cons:

-The speeder bike is just horrendous

-Bad minifig selection

-Dart Maul's smile

-The price: 94.99$ US or probably around 120$ in Canada :sick:

Is this a Lego store exclusive? If yes then I won't buy this as big set never get discounted on the shop@home here.

The colors on Maul's speeder look far more muted in person than they did in the official photo, but it's still way too blocky. The Sith Infiltrator itself is massive. I'm going to pass on it in favor of the Episode VII sets, as I'm sure many others will.

Hmmmm, looking at 75096, more specifically the new Darth Maul, Ahem, it does look rather...., freaky looking with that big grin, like hatching a evil plan or something, or trying to get attention in the fight or something along those lines. Rather off putting I think just by a close up on that Minifigure alone. Still as a whole as a set, (not too interested in EP1 based sets as such), it does look rather impressive just by the whole scale of the ship alone. And as others has mentioned before about that set, the price....well, looks a bit steep I think too, but hopefully shouldn't be too long, I would have thought of a price drop in the near future, possibly near the winter 2016 wave.

Edited by AudiBobaR5-D2

Have you ever seen a the brickshow video saying that a Lego set is not great ? oukellestlababalle.gif?f-ed=1

I can sum up all their reviews in 2 lines :

cerveau%20prodigy.gif?f-ed=1

"Super iconic... um... really cool... iconic.." :tongue:

What new about polybags?

Dumb question but where do you actually get the Polybags from? Are they specific to particular stores when you buy something for $x / £x?

Qui-Gon looks awesome! They've really perfected the likeness with that new face print. I think the smirk side actually suits him.

Still not a fan of Darth Maul's new face though. The smile is out of character and the inaccurate tattoos bug me, especially when all the previous Darth Maul minifigures from the past 16 years have had the correct look. The new torso design and leg printing look great though. The "pinched hips" look that we usually see on female characters actually works quite well here.

I'm really impressed with the final result of the Infiltrator itself. The prelim pics looked like a jumbled mess of random slope pieces and mismatched colours, but here everything looks much more sleeker and uniformed in colour. The underside also looks much tidier than the 2011 version and I love the detail of the cockpit. Will definitely be picking this up when it hits stores. Hopefully Lego will use the basis of this build for a Naboo Royal Starship in the future.

<snip>

Because this looks so much better? I really dislike printing on the torso and the legs, it never lines up. :thumbdown:

Dumb question but where do you actually get the Polybags from? Are they specific to particular stores when you buy something for $x / £x?

Poly-bags are generally from specific shops and come with spending a certain amount or on a specific day,

Wow this thread moves fast. But I have to say:

Chewie died in the Expanded Universe, yes, but after Disney acquired Star Wars they declared all EU stuff non-canon.

This made a lot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

Love that quote! And it completely fits me and my attitude towards Lucas and Disney right now. :hmpf_bad:

Great to see TIEs with lower piece counts. I can't stand those thick, bulky TIEs with too many pieces.

How is 517 pieces a "lower piece count"?... 9492 had 413 pieces.

Is exactly what I was thinking...

Sorry there! - I wasn't being very articulate in the point I was trying to make about TIE piece counts.

This was after we got the list of seven sets which comprises TLG's initial wave of Star Wars Episode VII the Force Awakens kits. We got a complete list of seven new kits and I was focused only on that list as a reference. Cut that list in half and the kit in the absolute middle is the Resistance X Wing, which is excellent, but the point is that TIE is in the lower half of minimal piece count kits, namely: Rey's Speeder, the Snow Speeder and the TIE Fighter.

So although technically 9492 has more pieces than 75101, my comparison was limited to the list of seven total TFA sets... the bulkier kits being the Transporter, Command Shuttle and Falcon.

Still... we haven't seen anything regarding this TIE yet so who knows? Maybe they will continue the technique of putting smooth plates all around the TIE wing (I sincerely hope not). All we really know is that there is a chance we'll get two seats facing back-to-back like the snowspeeder... gunner and pilot. That feature could certainly be an argument for needing more bricks...

Edited by darththeling