Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Is it me? Or does the design of the X-Wing look to be based on the original concept art for Episode IV? Either way, looks fantastic :wub:

There is definitely some Ralph McQuarrie love in the new X-wing. I love the set but i really need that new canopy in my life, i dread to think how much that part will be on bricklink come september :laugh:

There is definitely some Ralph McQuarrie love in the new X-wing. I love the set but i really need that new canopy in my life, i dread to think how much that part will be on bricklink come september :laugh:

My worst fear is that the canopy details are stickers. But considering all the problems the UCS x wing had I WOULD THINK that Lego would be smart enough not to do that on a minifig scale one...

I hadn't seen this so thank you for the (somewhat hard to understand minifig wise) info.

Yeah, sorry about the confusing language for the mini figures. I just cut and pasted the translation from the European Amazon website descriptions. I cleaned up the post to make it easier to read.

Well, that certainly is a nice amount of gang members, but who is this BB-1 you speak of? I've never heard of that droid before. Is it BB-8's little brother? :tongue:

Well played my friend, well played:)

Edited by djmangunz

No reason to apologise! And I certainly didn't mean to offend you - sorry if you misread my comment as such! I'm really looking forward to seeing the interior. If I remember correctly, the new set contains 80 or so more pieces than the last version. I don't think there are that many more used in the exterior, so I'm really hoping for plenty of detail inside.

No offense taken / no worries! 1254 vs 1329 pieces, correct. But the mandibles are a little bigger and more detailed, so I'd say there goes already the major part of the additional pieces. I believe there won't be much left for a very detailed interior, but we'll see in a couple of weeks I guess.

Hey guys, first post here.

I immediately compared the new MF to the 7965 and the stud count in length, width and circumference seems identical. However, the new MF is at least two full brick heights thinner (the incline on the top panels is reduced) and that changes the proportions of the mandibles in a positive way...

Although the parts count differs little, the main structure seems quite different.

• Rey’s Speeder (75099) – 193 pieces Rey, Unkar Henchman
    $19.99 USD / $24.99 CAD
  • First Order Snowspeeder (75100) – 444 pieces 1 First Order officer, 2 First Order Snowtroopers
    $39.99 USD / $49.99 CAD
  • First Order Special Force TIE (75101) – 517 pieces 2 First Order TIE Fighter Pilots, 1 First Order officer, 1 First Order Crew
    $69.99 USD / $89.99 CAD
  • Poe’s X-Wing Starfighter (75102) – 717 pieces Poe Dameron, BB-8, 1 Resistance X-Wing Pilot,1 Ground Crew
    $79.99 USD / $99.99 CAD
  • First Order Transporter (75103) – 792 pieces 2 Resistance Soldiers, 2 Flametroopers,2 First Order Stormtroopers,Captain Phasma
    $89.99 USD / $109.99 CAD
  • Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle (75104) – 1004 pieces Kylo Ren, General Hux, 2 (?) First Order Officers, 1 First Order Crew
    $119.99 USD / $149.99 CAD
  • Millennium Falcon (75105) – 1332 pieces Rey, Finn, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Tasu Leech, BB-8, Kanjiklub Gang Member
    $149.99 USD / $179.99 CAD

Here's the updated list with the language cleaned up a bit for anyone who cares. I'm not quite sure if there are two officers in the command shuttle, Google translate was a bit hard to understand.

Edited by djmangunz

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2ee3a19350

Here's someone selling the Rey minifigure on eBay. I don't think we've seen her with her hood on.

Seeing the hood on her makes the piece look way smaller, which is good. it looks bulky and weird in the other image we got of her.

Has anyone else noticed that Rey's blaster looks dark grey in the MF picture? I hope it is, we definitely need some blaster variation :thumbup:

I noticed that too. While it would be a great thing to have some more variation in weaponry, I think thats just a glare because of the angle of the picture.

Regarding locations in The Force Awakens...

It seems obvious that the Millennium Falcon is set above Jakku.

But has anyone else noticed that Poe's X-Wing looks to be flying over snow?

This looks like it could be the snow planet/location seen from Vanity Fair and the second trailer.

So a quick summary of what we know about the Episode 7 sets, including the figures. (mostly for myself because I tend to forget things)

• Rey’s Speeder (75099) – 193 pieces Rey & Unkar Henchman
    $19.99 USD / $24.99 CAD
  • First Order Snowspeeder (75100) – 444 pieces First Order officer, 2 First Order Snowtroopers
    $39.99 USD / $49.99 CAD
  • First Order Special Force TIE (75101) – 517 pieces 2 First Order TIE Fighter Pilots, First Order officer, First Order Crew
    $69.99 USD / $89.99 CAD
  • Poe’s X-Wing Starfighter (75102) – 717 pieces Poe Dameron, BB-8, 1 Resistance X-Wing Pilot & 1 Ground Crew
    $79.99 USD / $99.99 CAD
  • First Order Transporter (75103) – 792 pieces 2 Resistance Soldiers, 2 Flametroopers,2 First Order Stormtroopers & Captain Phasma
    $89.99 USD / $109.99 CAD
  • Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle (75104) – 1004 pieces Kylo Ren, General Hux, 2 (?) First Order Officers, First Order Crew
    $119.99 USD / $149.99 CAD
  • Millennium Falcon (75105) – 1332 pieces Rey, Finn, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Tasu Leech, BB-8, Kanjiklub Gang Member
    $149.99 USD / $179.99 CAD

Apologies if anyone has already posted this info compiled in this fashion.

Based on minifigs alone the First Order Transporter excites me the most. I just hope the transporter itself is interesting!

The Falcon's top being lower makes the mandibles look much better. I always thought they looked weird on the 2011 version. It would be nice if Rey's blaster was grey or silver, but I won't get my hopes up. I'm interested to see if the real-world weapons that the Kanjiklub Gang has match the movie versions at all.

Have the prices been announced for these new sets? It's mentioned in a few posts but can't find anything through Search.

Have the prices been announced for these new sets? It's mentioned in a few posts but can't find anything through Search.

Never mind. Got over excited. I can see they're listed a page or two back...

I missed out on the 2011 Falcon, so I'll be getting the new one!

The X-Wing is also a day one purchase for me; the colour scheme is eyecatching and uniquely unusual; which is positive!

The minifigures here are a highlight; Old Han, Rey, and Finn are amazing, and the new X-Wing Pilots are brilliant aswell! However my favourite is the Resistance Crew Member; lovely detail, and a new species? Looks like it!

September 4th couldn't come any faster!

I actually really like the new falcon I never had the chance to get the 7965 one. So this will be a nice replacement. And a real nice minifig selection comes with it.

Edited by Juun

Is it me? Or does the design of the X-Wing look to be based on the original concept art for Episode IV? Either way, looks fantastic :wub:

This has been discussed far & wide since the very first glimpse of the new X-wings last year (especially in the Force for Change video with JJ standing in front of the blue & gray one). People kept saying "Look! It's a Z-95!" (since the McQuarrie X-wing was adopted by the now-Legends EU as one of the many designs for the Z-95 in various projects--Wedge Antilles flew one in a flashback from Dark Horse's "The Phantom Affair", to take vengeance on the pirates that killed his parents). Now, of course, the only canon Z-95 is what we saw in TCW, which Lego has already made, freeing up the McQuarrie version to become the new T-70 X-wing, successor to the OT's T-65 model (with some additional tweaks)

Has anyone else noticed that Rey's blaster looks dark grey in the MF picture? I hope it is, we definitely need some blaster variation :thumbup:

Probably just the glare, but I agree it'd be nice to get it in a new color, since the DC-17 model blasters haven't been used in years, in either dark bley or black.

Does anyone else think its a little odd that Rey doesn't have her staff thing? I'm guessing it'll be in the speeder set, but still, I thought it was her primary weapon, not a blaster.

Not odd at all when you consider this concept art from Celebration:

a4f55317ddfcb0564c83e44b87836590.jpg

At a guess, Han probably gives her one of his spare blasters at some point, if she actually uses a DL-44 at all in the final film.

Never mind. Got over excited. I can see they're listed a page or two back...

$20 Rey's Speeder

$40 First Order Snowspeeder

$70 First Order Dpecial Forces TIE Fighter

$80 Poe's X-Wing Starfighter

$90 First Order Transporter

$120 Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle

$150 Milennium Falcon

Regarding locations in The Force Awakens...

It seems obvious that the Millennium Falcon is set above Jakku.

But has anyone else noticed that Poe's X-Wing looks to be flying over snow?

This looks like it could be the snow planet/location seen from Vanity Fair and the second trailer.

There are rumors that there will be an attack on the First Order base in the second trailer by the Resistance. Poe will use the stealth X-Wing with the black and orange designs. He will also likely use it in a space battle with superweapons. Of course none of this is confirmed, but it comes from reliable sources.

Edited by AnthonyP301

Just call it the black X-wing... there's been nothing to suggest it's "stealth" at all, that I've seen. The only stealth X-wings were in Legends.

Totally called the not having three main figs in Rey's speeder.

It'll have BB8 and they'll pass that off as a figure. Also, I bet her mask is exclusive to that one.

It'll have BB8 and they'll pass that off as a figure. Also, I bet her mask is exclusive to that one.

But BB-8 isn't mentioned in the description of that set despite being referred to by name in the X-Wing and MF set descriptions :wink: The catalogue page with Rey's (crashed) speeder we've seen previously was a bit misleading I guess :grin:

Edited by Lego-Freak

I don’t like the black X-wing (not LEGO’s fault here), the color theme seems to be pretentious and overdone to give it a fake cool look, you see it’s black so its pilot must be badass. The LEGO representation is OK, and that windscreen is a nice update for the inaccurate one we had since 1999 (is it trans-clear or trans-black like the old one?).

The Falcon is rather boring, roughly the same design as the decade old 2004 version with minor modifications. It could’ve been awesome if the designers seized the opportunity and came up with a revolutionized design, but they played it safe, which is boring.

The minifigs however are all great, but I’ll keep the final judgment after watching them on screen.

X-Wing:

+ interessting color pattern!

+ awesome helmets :wub:

- 2nd pilot misleads to be a female, but pretty sure it's not :sceptic: - If Feminism didn't catch the FO we'll only get Rey :hmpf_bad:

- twisted front wings could look bad

- At least the whole front part is built the exact same way as the last version. That's not accurate - the new version in "reality" didn't just change wings & engine. :thumbdown:

Falcon:

+ the "tubes" on the side of the Falcon look much better

+ the round front things look much better

+ finally we'll get a hairpiece for Africans! Diversion! :thumbup:

+ + + It is in fact flatter - which is extremly important for the overall looks. How cool this could be also depends on the ground section.

- otherwise it ain't so different

- to much dark grey could destroy the color pattern (like the last T-Fighter (basic color light grey) or the Ghost (basic color white)

- - big, big gaps between the top parts!

- - - very, very disappointing: The cockpit is as awful & unpractical as it was before! :thumbdown: Why not an exclusive molding?!

Depending on interior, features, ground & back section - they did at least a decent job, but worst case you can pass it. The last 2 versions can easily be modified.

Also Finn will appear in other waves. He's the 2nd main character :wink:

The figures clothes are mostly inaccurate. No offense to Lego, they had to produce this stuff some time ago with wrong concepts. But why spend money on things you can do better yourself? I'll buy Rey & Finn in a cheap set - already made accurate bodys for them & modifying my old Falcon is always fun :blush:

I like the sets but I won't buy them just because of hype. I look more forward to a Blockade Runner & Vader's T from Rebels.