Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

I like it but I don't want another snow speeder!

Same thoughts here, I mean I wouldn't mind getting some turrets and trenches but as long as the main focus is on the base I think it will make an excellent set.

I have a bad feeling about this... This isn't the Echo Base we're looking for...

I hoped for something in 2000 - 3000 bricks range. I don't see more than half this number in the videos, unless we get two snowspeeders, but even then it I'm not sure there is enough to cross the 2000 brick line.

But still much closer to Toryn's hair than to the Leia's hair, and considering that her hairpiece in the new Tydirium shuttle set would be perfect also for Hoth Leia, it would be just dumb to use that hairpiece visible in the video. So I believe it is Toryn indeed.

And I'm afraid we will get at least one snowspeeder in this set... While the design seems to be very close if not identical to the last years one, the colors are different.

Lego has to release 1 Snowspeeder every year, or else they can't get out a new Rebel Pilot torso print, or something...

Same thoughts here, I mean I wouldn't mind getting some turrets and trenches but as long as the main focus is on the base I think it will make an excellent set.

Agreed. I was starting to think the rumoured 2015 Echo Base was not going to be realized but the video is tantalizing! It would be ridiculous if they 'wasted' parts by including another snowspeeder when there is one still available separately.

Lego has to release 1 Snowspeeder every year, or else they can't get out a new Rebel Pilot torso print, or something...

one of the upcoming TFA sets is a (First order) snowspeeder (no joke)

thanks for those pics, I think thats most of the set right there in those 2 shots. Don't think I'd mind getting another snowspeeder, chances are there would always be one included. Something has to fly out those doors. its the wampa cave and that section I don't want again.

I was hoping aswell the ion canon would be like the moc ones where it was made using one of the deathstar planets, shooting skywards. Need to get a better look at the shield generator.

Edited by saibot

And we are sure this is a UCS playset? Because, comparing it, say, to the Ewok Village the actual base part of the set is very small. Unless of course Lego were only showing part of it in the video and there is still more to come.

I am pretty sure Echo Base was supposed to replace the Ewok Village (in term of price point, so 300$)

With so many figs and a tautaun, wampa and many minifigs maybe the parts count will be closer to 2.5k then 3k.

With a wampa cave, wampa(s ?), the shield generator, an ion canon, trenches and turrets, snowspeeders (1 or 2?), big blast doors and other bases component and tons of minis I can see this set reaching 300$.

Waiting for official pictures but I think this is going to be my first UCS...

Edited by duboismerci

And we are sure this is a UCS playset? Because, comparing it, say, to the Ewok Village the actual base part of the set is very small. Unless of course Lego were only showing part of it in the video and there is still more to come.

Lego's entire exclusive list for 2015 leaked last year and indicated that echo base was an exclusive

I'm very pleased with the overall design of the Hoth base. It's how I would have done it: Include an ion cannon, shield generator, some gun turrets, and a large hangar/control room. I really hope it doesn't come with a snowspeeder, as everyone has said, but whatever. I guess they'd find it difficult to include a large hangar with moving doors without putting anything in it.

Although it wasn't shown, I really hope to see a new AT-ST soon. Last one seen was in the 2009 Endor bunker set

Edited by namioik

It's going to be hard to say no to this set from what I've seen so far.

The monifigures look interesting, most of the builds well done and the overall set will probably be very desirable.

I'm probably most interested in the droids at the moment, as the other figures look to be either the main characters, which I won't say no to but have gotten them already, to the soldier figures, which will be available in a battle pack at some point

Edit: really good point namoik, I too would like a at St, although I hope it will be a £20-30 set in the winter wave as it means we could get some interesting imperial or ewok minifigures as well

Edited by Dragonlego27

The video looks great, if this is the entire 'UCS Echo Base' then its a HUGE disappointment for me!

Why throw in the Wampa cave set, the battle of Hoth set and a horrible little control room similar to 7666?

I really like the new figures, especially the main characters. The annoying thing for me is that I have spent a lot of time and money building up a rebel trooper and snow trooper army which don't match the new designs. Even if this is a 'UCS Playset' like the ewok village it still doesn't meet my expectations because as others have said, it crams too many small elements in rather than delivering properly on one or two key elements of the base. I would much prefer a decent medical room, control room and hanger than another Wampa cave, more trenches, small doors that a MF or X-wing wont fit through and some more snowspeeders.

I'll still be buying it on day of release though just for the new figures :laugh:

The video looks great, if this is the entire 'UCS Echo Base' then its a HUGE disappointment for me!

[...]

I feel exactly the same way ... If this really is the next UCS set, I'm going to be massively disappointed ....

Thank you very much for the two pictures, CM4Sci! :classic:

If this exaclty was the exclusive Echo Base, then good night!

I hoped for TLG finally giving us what we want as an exclusive Echo Base: some seperate rooms inside with walls and a decent interior. But it seems as if TLG re-releases the Echo Base from 2007 in a more modern way. If so, that would be really, really disappointing! :thumbdown:

Klaus-Dieter

I really like the look of this! I've got most Hoth sets, with the exception of 7666 and 75014, so this fills in a lot of features I didn't have models of. This looks like we get all the main characters EXCEPT General Rieekan. However, the moustachioed rebel seems to be Major Bren Derlin, which is neat.

Brenderlin.jpg

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bren_Derlin

Fun fact, he's played by John Ratzenberger, the man who voices a character in every Pixar film.

I'll have to buy Rieekan separately, as well as buy a few more Hoth Pilots (I'm hoping to get eight), but it means I probably won't have to buy the 75049 Snowspeeder which will save me a bit :)

I really like the look of this! I've got most Hoth sets, with the exception of 7666 and 75014, so this fills in a lot of features I didn't have models of. This looks like we get all the main characters EXCEPT General Rieekan. However, the moustachioed rebel seems to be Major Bren Derlin, which is neat.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080328131308/starwars/images/7/7f/Brenderlin.jpg

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bren_Derlin

Fun fact, he's played by John Ratzenberger, the man who voices a character in every Pixar film.

I'll have to buy Rieekan separately, as well as buy a few more Hoth Pilots (I'm hoping to get eight), but it means I probably won't have to buy the 75049 Snowspeeder which will save me a bit :)

Or as some of us know him as Cliff Clavin. Cheers!

Edited by Brickdoctor
Please don't quote images.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080328131308/starwars/images/7/7f/Brenderlin.jpg

http://starwars.wiki...iki/Bren_Derlin

It could also be Tigran Jamiro (played by Ray Hassett; who formed a duo with Ratzenberger in the 70s)

HASSETT-4-WEB.jpg

Edited by Brickdoctor
Please don't quote images.

major-derlin-2.jpg

Definitely Derlin judging by the 'tache and his rank. Also the generic guy looks a bit like his mate in this picture

I think we were all hoping for or expecting something as epic as the Death Star or Ewok Village at a similar price. Looks like being the hanger door, control room area, ion cannon, other turrets, shield generator plus fortified trench.

Guaranteed Taun Taun and snowspeeder with Janson (although he is doubled up in the video which suggests no co pilot? Not sure if it will include the Wampa but there's bound to be some snow trooper antagonists with speeder bike/canon or something. Put all together that will be expensive considering the latest speeder was £40 on its own, and the door/trench bits will probably be twice the size of the recent Cantina. Figures of Hoth Leia, Han, Luke, Derlin, 2x different generic Rebels, Janson, K3PO, new Astro and maybe 3 or 4 Imperials, Snowtrooper and possibly AT-AT driver.

Edited by markw

Don't get your hopes up guys... :wacko:

The company previews a 2016 LEGO Star Wars First Order Stormtrooper buildable figure, and unveils a life-sized model of the film's new Stormtrooper. LEGO Master Builders used 35,525 bricks over 325 hours to design and build this never-before-seen LEGO model. A limited edition LEGO Star Wars Dagobahâ„¢ Mini-Build playset will be on sale on Saturday, July 11. Collectors and fans will love the updates to a custom LEGO Star Wars minifigure display case that now includes every LEGO Star Wars minifigure made from 1998 to the first half of 2015.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lego-systems-celebrates-15-years-at-san-diego-comic-con-300110421.html

They should at least give us pictures for the normal TFA sets, then, since they'll be released in 2 months...

I doubt that the movie is a reliable guide of what the set will include, assuming that it does exist!

In particular, I can't imagine that TLG would include a wampa (plus a cave) in it. If you take it literally, then it's also going to include several AT-ATs which would make it very interesting indeed! If I recall correctly someone mentioned that it was in the 'Ewok Village' pricing territory, which must put it somewhere around 2-2,500 parts. I'd be very disappointed if it just becomes an assortment of small 'ancillary' sections but hopefully all will be revealed this weekend.

Now, this is a little like last year, but...

img-0085-143048.JPG

...there's still hope. Look at that greyed out box called "Exclusive". We had the same thing last year, and it turned out to be the Tumbler for DC. But, we have three boxes for the three sets revealed (the Batmobile, the Ninjago Temple, and the Storm Trooper), so maybe that could be an Episode 7 set? Or, it's probably Angry Birds. Don't feel any Mixels being revealed like last year and the year before.