Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

It looks like she has a cape in deskp's last picture. Is that custom-added or official?

I think it was custom added. Although TLG pretty much has to include a cape with the Phasma minifig we'll see in the Episode VII sets (if what we're seeing now is an "incomplete" version).

Yeah the cape was added just to get an idea what it might look like. Hopefully she gets a face aswell.

29gnddt.jpg

hs0u45.png

Edited by deskp

Unless the fig is a 'standard' Chrometrooper and people are just assuming it's Phasma.

Seriously. Until we get an official, final figure or pic from TLG, kvetching about a single line being 0.5mm (or so) out of place, is just being nitpicky over an uncertain POTENTIAL quality-control issue. The fig looks great, for what it is. Compare this to the relatively crappy figures released in 1999 and for quite a few years after. Or the horribly unfortunate Clone Wars minifigs! This is light years better, especially since the movie isn't even out yet, and we're getting such fantastic detail.

Edited by rollermonkey

Yeah the cape was added just to get an idea what it might look like. Hopefully she gets a face aswell.

*pic*

While I do agree that it looks better without the line, it's not too much of a big deal and if it bothers you that much, just brasso it off.

I might do the same, actually.

Edited by General Magma

Unless the fig is a 'standard' Chrometrooper and people are just assuming it's Phasma.

Sure, i would be quite happy if it wasnt phasma. But the term 'chrome troopers' has not been used as anything other than refering to phasma before she had a name.

people assumed it was a new designation for groups like snow trooper or scout trooper. but chrometroopers have never refered to multiple people yet. except for fans thinking its a group.

time will tell wahts right.

Are people seriously this impatient or do they just have no idea that the figure will be in a set a few months from now?

Well either way, at least those extra pictures make me look forward to the new stormtrooper figures even more.

I'm just really hoping we'll get an armybuilder for those, though.

Hopefully Lego will include a fair amount (at least 4) in the troop transport set.

If it's Captain Phasma it will be expensive to use as army builder, unless they also release a "generic" chrome trooper.

If it's Captain Phasma it will be expensive to use as army builder, unless they also release a "generic" chrome trooper.

I meant the regular, white troopers.

Wow, away a day or two and the level of expectationof a figure seems incredibly unreasonable. Action figures are for that level of detail.

Personally like the phasma minifig, curious as to the set now!

Strange that there's no actual head considering we know the actress underneath it. Maybe Lego does head printing last

Regarding the whole 'accuracy' discussion: I hate to say it......but the new minifigs of Rey, Dameron and Finn are going to be awful. Yup, that's right; they're not accurate! The figs won't have noses, ears or fingers!

I remember when figs like these were available in stores......back then no one complained about action figure Greedo not having his vest, the fact that the color of his suit is too light.....etc

greedo1.jpg

Strange that there's no actual head considering we know the actress underneath it. Maybe Lego does head printing last

Who says an unmasked Phasma looks like the actress?

We just don't know. Phasma can be human......or alien........

Suppose during the days of the OT (but before RotJ) Lego would have released a Darth Vader fig......with a head that looks like Dave Prowse (because everyone knew Prowse was underneath the helmet.....)....that would have been a huge mistake (since an unmasked Vader doesn't really look like Dave.....but more like a scarred Sebastian Shaw)

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

I'm just going to go all out here; I think we should all just honestly give it a break, and stop complaining about the inaccuracies. Its a child's toy, deal with it. I know I have, so stop complaining about these tiny little details as if it is going to end the world, because guess what; it isn't. Lego doesn't care that one or two fans are annoyed by little off prints here and there, they are more concerned about the sales of these sets come the 4th of September.

I honestly feel like sleeping for the next eight and a half weeks, if these stupid complaints keep occurring here.

Given the little bumpy-bits, the mold is clearly for a regular First Order stormie (as noted before), so Phasma's helmet is bound to be inaccurate based on that. I think it still looks great...there's a remarkable amount of detail with the printed piping between sections. From a distance, it's "meh, plain silver helmet with some black on it"...up close, tons of detail. I dig it. Bring on the cape, and (hopefully, eventually) a printed head hiding under the helm! (maybe there'll be a set later akin to the Rebels sets with Sabine and/or Kallus, where she'll be packed with a head & hair instead of helmet)

For those interested the Phasma figure is now for sale on Ebay. Some more pictures are there. http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f4f33bd16

Charges $30 to ship a single figure to the UK? What a rip-off!

I said something about that a while back. Rateher than using a generic female face they may still be putting the finishing touches to a bespoke face for this 'unique' character.

Regarding the black head, I'm guessing that Phasma's actual head hasn't been produced yet, therefore it was unobtainable by the leaker.

Either that, or the leaker simply wasn't able to access it for whatever reason. I can't imagine it's easy to steal pieces directly from a LEGO factory.

Who says an unmasked Phasma looks like the actress?

We just don't know. Phasma can be human......or alien........

Suppose during the days of the OT (but before RotJ) Lego would have released a Darth Vader fig......with a head that looks like Dave Prowse (because everyone knew Prowse was underneath the helmet.....)....that would have been a huge mistake (since an unmasked Vader doesn't really look like Dave.....but more like a scarred Sebastian Shaw)

I made the same point about Jeremy Bullock. Heck, I could probably still pass him in the street and not recognize him, and as Jedi-Bendu infers, why give the character a face if they are never unmasked. Stormtroopers didn't have faces until after Temeura Morrison was revealed as the donor for the clone army, as I recall.

Such a lot of fuss and critisism from AFOL "collectors". I have a big pile of new SW Lego for my sons to play with this weekend when I see them . . . and I bet they NEVER ONCE complain about inaccuracies in ship/vehicle/uniform/helmet/weapon/etc. design.

It is possible to take yourself too seriously, sometimes. At least I'll never make that mistake. . . :hmpf_bad:

Regarding the black head, I'm guessing that Phasma's actual head hasn't been produced yet, therefore it was unobtainable by the leaker.

Either that, or the leaker simply wasn't able to access it for whatever reason. I can't imagine it's easy to steal pieces directly from a LEGO factory.

I'm wondering about her head now...is it just like Christies? Or is it Alien? Good point...will be interesting to see.

Edited by DarkKnight7

I'm wondering about her head now...is it just like Christies? Or is it Alien? Good point...will be interesting to see.

pleasebeChisspleasebeChisspleasebeChiss :excited:

(because Thrawn fans will enjoy it, it'll canonize the species, and since another Phasma-esque character--Agent Kallus--was almost a Chiss himself!)

pleasebeChisspleasebeChisspleasebeChiss :excited:

(because Thrawn fans will enjoy it, it'll canonize the species, and since another Phasma-esque character--Agent Kallus--was almost a Chiss himself!)

The species is already canon I think, just not Thrawn...

The species is already canon I think, just not Thrawn...

According to Wookieepedia, yeah, but only because of "Star Wars: Commander"... supposedly that game's canon, but it still feels a bit 'iffy' to me. I'm hoping for them to turn up in a book, a comic, Rebels, or one of the new movies.

I don't really expect Phasma to turn out to be Chiss, but--holy crap--would I enjoy seeing her remove her helmet revealing blue skin & glowing red eyes! :grin:

I think, since there is an expansion pack coming for TOR, events of TOR are also canonized?

Maybe it has no face because in the movie we wont get to see her/his face, I mean that it may be a reveal for another movie because: is this actress really a famous star at all?