Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

It's a piece of plastic made into a toy for a market centered around children. How about we just be thankful that the Star Wars exec's, especially the new ones since Lucas is gone, has and is going to continue to market Lego Star Wars for the years to come. I get constructive criticism, but jeeze people....some of you act like its the end of all things Lego Star Wars. Enjoy the hobby and be thankful for what you have and the years to come.

It's a piece of plastic made into a toy for a market centered around children. How about we just be thankful that the Star Wars exec's, especially the new ones since Lucas is gone, has and is going to continue to market Lego Star Wars for the years to come. I get constructive criticism, but jeeze people....some of you act like its the end of all things Lego Star Wars. Enjoy the hobby and be thankful for what you have and the years to come.

I couldn't agree more. Some folks on this board really get in a twist about their hobby. I can't imagine getting that upset over something I do for fun.

They do it because their self worth is tied up in Lego/Lego Star Wars. They have nothing else going for them so this IS there life. Mindless consumers.

And to everyone on this site. Try focussing more on something like your health or fitness. Go run or lift wieghts. Eat healthier, not a diet but just make sure you put good stuff in your body 90%-95% of the time. Try taking on yoga or other deep breathing or stretching exercises. Then notice how much of a f*** you give that Lego is releasing another naboo starfighter or that a set design is so bad. Just don't buy it then. You winter wen care because you will feel better about yourself and not have to distract yourself with Legos.

Search your feelings. You know it's true.

Not to say you can't still buy a Lego sets or still like Star Wars movies, but you'll enjoy it more when you do.

This may seem harsh but just being blunt with you guys.

Carry on carry on.

Edited by sologuy369

Please can we avoid discussions about the merits of PT/OT, which films AFOLs prefer, or possible fitness regimes.

It's fine to discuss re-releases etc, and whether the new versions are improvements or otherwise, but please keep this thread for 2015 sets and rumours :classic:

Why are you impressed with them? Nothing impressive about what we've seen so far.

What is wrong with them? Nothing at all, I'd say.

From what can be seen so far, I would say they've done a great job on the designs of both BB-8 and Phasma.

Wait... Inaccuracy? Well, goodness! I see now that you are right! I mean... look at those hands! No human could possibly have claw hands like that!

And don't even get me started on the feet - square feet?! We must all riot in front of the LEGO Headquarters in Denmark immediately!

Edited by General Magma

From what can be seen so far, I would say they've done a great job on the designs of both BB-8 and Phasma.

Wait... Inaccuracy? Well, goodness! I see now that you are right! I mean... look at those hands! No human could possibly have claw hands like that!

And don't even get me started on the feet - square feet?! We must all riot in front of the LEGO Headquarters in Denmark immediately!

Love this post :). They look just fine to me and i can't wait to see the rest. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them, I'm just glad they're making sets based off episode 7. We all should be thankful that we're getting sets on episode 7 in the first place

Edited by amazingbricks

Would you not think it inaccurate if lego made a minifig of the witch king and then printed a random white line across his crown?

As I've said in previous posts my issues have nothing to do with legos style.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with them

That just shows how unfamilair you are with the source material.

Deskp: I still feel like you're missing the point here, the figure is somewhat inaccurate, I will not deny that, but as I and many others have pointed out Lego is a kids toy, and while I can't speak for every kid in the world I'm pretty sure the average kid will not have a breakdown if a line is slightly misplaced, just be grateful that Lego have released a good figure in the first place.

I feel like you're thinking too much like a model maker here, Lego cannot fit every single detail onto a helmet perfectly without error, its hard to replicate things in minifigure scale.

Would you not think it inaccurate if lego made a minifig of the witch king and then printed a random white line across his crown?

As I've said in previous posts my issues have nothing to do with legos style.

What does this have to do with a white line? Care to enlighten me? :wacko:

It's not as if they slapped a pink triangle onto the figure or anything that might look out of place, so the example with the white line is exaggerated.

phasma-minifigure-episode-7.jpg

Yes, the top of the helmet is somewhat too short, but it doesn't seem like that big of an issue to me.

For all we know, the helmet might be misprinted with the print being up a little higher, but even if not... well, it seems fine to me.

Edited by General Magma

Its the black line on the chin that shoudnt be there , it should be either silver or dark grey like they have chousen to do elsewhere on the helmet. but as you can see in the higher res images there is both a silver and a black line there on the chin. and It should be significantly lower down. They would have been better off leaving both those lines off the helmet if they couldn't place them better.

what lego has done is just copy over the place of the line from the stormtrooper instead of really paying attention to phasma.

Correct, but I still think you're being way to pedantic for what is essentially a toy targeted at kids. You may as well say "The new Darth Vader figure is inaccurate because the distance between the eyes are exactly 4cm where as lego's are clearly further apart!

The point is no minifigure is perfect, because to get every detail in Lego's scale is either very hard or physically impossible.

*snip*

Woah, where does that picture of LEGO Phasma come from?

I'm having a hard time understanding why you're complaining, that helmet looks fantastic.

I haven't seen that picture before and I love the helmet even more now. Who cares about a few lines with a helmet as nice looking as this? :wacko:

Edited by General Magma

Seems the black line is just representing the bottom curve of the real helmet. Without it the helmet would like it had a large chin.

Most likely TLG couldn't create a helmet with such a sharp inverted v at the bottom so use a graphic to define the helmet.

Frankly it's nothing. TLG doesn't create replicas. If you are going to be that picky about one little line possibly a alternative medium might better suit your exacting standards that TLG will never replicate.

Seems the black line is just representing the bottom curve of the real helmet. Without it the helmet would like it had a large chin.

Most likely TLG couldn't create a helmet with such a sharp inverted v at the bottom so use a graphic to define the helmet.

Frankly it's nothing. TLG doesn't create replicas. If you are going to be that picky about one little line possibly a alternative medium might better suit your exacting standards that TLG will never replicate.

This. :thumbup:

The helmet mold's primary use is likely to be regular First Order stormtroopers, on which the longer 'chin' better fits... but for Phasma, who likely won't appear in nearly as many sets, they just printed a line to indicate the shorter 'chin' her helmet sports. At least, that's how I'm interpreting it right now.

Frankly it's nothing. TLG doesn't create replicas.

No the size of the mold isnt the issue. its a quite perfect for a new stormtrooper and the chins are quite the same sizes.

rkocgw.png

Edited by deskp

Who cares about a few lines with a helmet as nice looking as this? :wacko:

Exactly, deskp just wants a perfect minifigure and i understand that. I know it's not completely accurate. I've seen the pictures of the actual captain phasma and the lego one, they have there differences but it's not a big deal to me.

Edited by amazingbricks

If anything this discussion demonstrates how far Lego has come reproducing the details of movie designs on the tiny minifigures.

Despite the obvious limitations of the minifigure's basic shape, the moulds and prints can be amazing nowadays.

In the end, however, it is not a model. I think a Lego minifig has to capture the feeling of the original. Therefore I have to wait for the movie and the actual set before I can say if the minifig does that. So I am quite relaxed right now.

It looks like she has a cape in deskp's last picture. Is that custom-added or official?