Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Apart from the aesthetics, i think this looks really unswooshable too. It seems weirdly balanced with those huge wings, must have been a nightmare to design.

Edited by DarthBrickus

I actually really like this one, I think I might end up getting it. I've never really had a problem with studs, I think that they usually look pretty good, though this model may have benefited from at least one or two larger tiles on the wings. It seems as though this is the "landed" position for the wings, likely because the V shape would be hard to fit on the box art, so it may look more appealing once we get different, clearer, views with the wings in different positions.

Edited by TheNerdyOne_

I like the shape of the vehicle but the color scheme leaves something to be desired and the wings have too many studs showing and look rather gappy and uneven. At that price point, I'm going to have to see a lot more to decide if it's worth getting.

What's a bet this set has a one or two exclusive figures no other set has to sell this ship, since its looks isn't going to sell this set.

What's a bet this set has a one or two exclusive figures no other set has to sell this ship, since its looks isn't going to sell this set.

I think we are starting to see that more often now anyway, but particularly on the larger sets. I agree that there appears to be limited space for minifigures inside, but the other thing I spotted is, if you look very closely at the trailer, the wings on that ship do not appear to extend below the fuselage. It looks like astriaght forward shallow "V", So either the ship has been designed with an uneccesarily complicated wing function (not Lego's fault) or . . . this is not the ship you are looking for. But it is hard to imagine two similar ships being produced.

On an aesthetic/practical front, I think the bad guys personal ship will be more sleek. Too much big wing makes it an easy target in battles. So I'm leaning towards this being some kind of personal shuttle vessel instead - but that's more of a film rather than Lego observation.

And as for the "stud" question. I like studs and I think Lego like them too, because you can build much more stuff with studs than without. Your smoother outlines should be reserved more for the UCS type builds that people are less likely to break up for spares at some point.

Today I went to toys r us in Northern Cali to buy the MTT set and to my surprise, the tydirium shuttle was on the shelf! I was so stoked to see it a week early on the shelf! I grabbed it and went up to the register to pay for it and the lady scanned it and then told me that she can't sell it to me cause they would be fined $5000 if they do. I was so upset, I guess some employee put it on the shelf early. Oh well I guess I'll just have to wait til Monday

I'm just really hoping to see a few of the new aliens in sets, would be a shame if all we got were the goodies, the baddies and their troopers.

I've seen some of the new species and they could look really great as minifigs. It would also expand upon the existing alien figures, allowing for more diversity in MOCs.

I'm just really hoping to see a few of the new aliens in sets, would be a shame if all we got were the goodies, the baddies and their troopers.

I've seen some of the new species and they could look really great as minifigs. It would also expand upon the existing alien figures, allowing for more diversity in MOCs.

Lupita N'Yong's character was revealed a couple of weeks back, uf you Google it you'll see that she'd make for a unique minifigure

Personally, I'd prefer more alien figures in Lego sw which were roughly humanoid but didn't fully consist of minifigure peices, like the early Alder Beedo, Sebulba, General Greivous or the uniquely shaped figures from the lego TMNT franchise, for even more diversity.

Onto the leaked ship design, I like the direction lego is going in with this kind of design for the Sw sets, I quite like the ship desig, but won't purchase it if its the set with the £100-120 price point. I'd hoped it'd be £80 at the most

It looks like a Doberman that's had its ears clipped. At least we are getting some teasers but bring on the Hero lead ship/s I say.

I've been monitoring for any new information about the Sith Infiltrator and rather it is releasing in June or not. Looks like the consensus is no? It hasn't shown up anywhere in any form that I've found. Saddening that they are pushing it later in the year when I'll be wanting to spend all my money on TFA stuff instead.

Someone will be in trouble for letting that pic get taken!

It looks ok, i guess... But think i need to see more angles of it to judge if i like it or not... Im wondering if those wings will tilt or rotate at all... There has to be some sort of play feature for it.

I'm curious that this appears to be a "leaked" blurry image, the kind that would get you into a lot of trouble at other companies, yet Stephen from Brickshow is reporting this on his YouTube news channel. I thought Brickshow had a working relationship with TLG, given they often get sets to review pre public release. Doesn't that seem like a conflict of interest? Unless of course the "leak" was sanctioned.

Edited by Markalus

I'm curious that this appears to be a "leaked" blurry image, the kind that would get you into a lot of trouble at other companies, yet Stephen from Brickshow is reporting this on his YouTube news channel. I thought Brickshow had a working relationship with TLG, given they often get sets to review pre public release. Doesn't that seem like a conflict of interest? Unless of course the "leak" was sanctioned.

I dunno, I have a feeling LEGO is okay with this one. Dunno if I'd consider it a leak...

Underworld has a pic of the new Lego 75104 [Lead Villain Vehicle], we have a user over there named Damian to thank!

http://www.starwarsu...t-revealed.html

Most certainly this ship belongs to

Kylo Ren. And he had better come with both a hairpiece AND his helmet!!!

... and certainly that's his image on the cover of the instruction books.

It looks big, menacing and expensive! And the wings appear to have variable mode, as it appears in the trailer vs. that image. The colors and construction remind me of 7680 The Twilight. At that size (and likely wallet slaying price point) we should expect a decent interior.

First thoughts are...... big and grey with no apparent cockpit or windows and 90% of the part count appears to be the wings. Is this a prison ship? Or is it Jar Jar's ship? On a positive note, my wallet is pleased with this.

Not a clear picture, but reminds me of the Twilight. Not impressed. This better not be what kind of sets we can expect.

Edited by ISDAvenger

I could imagine they make two different minifigs of Kylo Ren. One with normal face and hair and one with his mask printed on the head plus standard jedi/sith hood. And of course this version would be in this 100 bucks set.

Edited by Jacob Nion

Why do people consider the studs to be a problem? It's made of LEGO, what do you expect? I actually think that exposed studs on a set help push the LEGO aesthetic, which, IMO, improves the look. (like on the Sandcrawler or CTT).

And anyway, the studs aren't that bothersome in person. I own Pre-Vizsla's starfighter, and the I'm certainly not losing sleep over the exposed studs, or the backwards plates. :wink:

Edited by LN-01354

Very, very grey shuttle. Don't quite know what to make of it off the static pic, but I'm hoping it has some functionality, like moving wings. If it doesn't, then I'm hoping it doesn't have any minifigures I would want.

What the... Shuttle Tydirium will retail in the Netherlands for €130 (source: bol.com). That's just over $140 :wacko:. Thank god for BrickLink.

Edit: nvm. Damned mobile version... Thought I had check all of the recent posts...

Edited by Daphatty

What the... Shuttle Tydirium will retail in the Netherlands for €130 (source: bol.com). That's just over $140 :wacko:. Thank god for BrickLink.

you should check other shops...I've seen it for € 100....

Else check www.brickshop.nl they have all the new sets with 10% pre discount now.

Edited by Koenta

Today I went to toys r us in Northern Cali to buy the MTT set and to my surprise, the tydirium shuttle was on the shelf! I was so stoked to see it a week early on the shelf! I grabbed it and went up to the register to pay for it and the lady scanned it and then told me that she can't sell it to me cause they would be fined $5000 if they do. I was so upset, I guess some employee put it on the shelf early. Oh well I guess I'll just have to wait til Monday

That stinks, I bought one from the Lego Imagination Center at the MoA this past Monday, They had all the new sets out.

I'm not sure what to make about this, there's a lot of grey and as a worst case scenario it will make a great parts pack! :wink: Although the image is a bit fuzzy, there's a couple of nice touches I can see including the twin cannons on each wing; it's a shame about the spring-loaded missiles though, but I guess they're here to stay.