Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Granted, I haven't watched much of Rebels, so there's that, but imo the set is really boring, it looks like a generic MOC. Not even a particularily good one, again incredibly generic, worst part is probably the use of the windscreen piece. Also the figs are lacking too, Sabine's helmet is in the wrong colour. Two identical Tie Pilots, not the most interesting figs.

Also, it compares to the beauty of the Tydirium Shuttle. That's a set with the same kind of minifigs (not counting the astrodroid) and has a much more iconic/nicer-looking ship. I totally see the Assault Carrier as a total clearance bait.

Also Shaak Ti was in only 1 set.

So even if adult Ashoka is a 'rehash' of Shak Ti, it is a opportunity for many to get her for the first time.

A real exemple of a rehash according to me:

Obi Wan and Qui Gon from the MTT. Summer 2014

Obi is in the Naboo starfighter and Qui Gon in the new Sith infiltrator. (Summer 2015)

Both the exact same minifigures as the MTT.

I agree, a tie pilot and an Imperial Officer came in the Tie Advance Prototype, while Kallus came in the AT-DP, only now he has hair, and the astromech isn't anything spectacular other than a clear head. Would of liked a Maketh Tua minifig or an updated Takin as well. Edited by IronFish

Hm....after watching that Tydirium review...I dislike the fact that there's an obvious sticker in the back inside the passenger area..mainly because I enjoy putting stickers on lego bricks..the problem is that that is clearly a rebel alliance sticker...it would look odd we're anyone to want to fit stormtroopers inside it. I think there is plenty of space for stormies, at least five of them including Vader if the box is taken out as well. It's a good set...but I'm not as crazy about it now..I still will wait and see what the TFA sets are like. Tydirium is pretty good though

The sticker shows a Rebel emblem on the display, but the text just reads 'Endor' (in Aurebesh, and at an odd angle, so I could be wrong there, but I'm pretty sure), and it would make total sense for an Imperial tactical display to use emblem that to designate enemy units. I don't think there's anything there to keep it from being an Imperial-operated shuttle. :classic:

I have nothing against the Imperial Assault Carrier in the show--it's just that the LEGO set is undersized, and the build is basic. There's pretty much no interior, the minifigs are just....bad (Sabine's color is all wrong, and Kallus, the pilots, and the officer are all in cheaper sets), and overall, it's just not worth a $130 price tag.

Much like last year's Star Destroyer, they made a pretty decent mid-scale ship with some mediocre minifigures, and practically nothing on the inside.

I gotta say, I wasn't completely sold on the Imperial Shuttle, but after seeing that review its definitely a must buy! That new Leia alone is worth it!

For some reason I'm really liking the Luke from the final duel:

FRK1Tt4.jpg

It's a similar emough torso from the 10236 Ewok Village except the folded down flap but I think it's got one of the best Luke faces we've seen in many years. Much better than the recent Lukes with lines all over his face and better than the Ewok Village/Rancor Pit/Desert Skiff Jedi Lukes.

8htWp2J.jpg

Edited by afolaus

For some reason I'm really liking the Luke from the final duel:

*snip*

It's a similar emough torso from the 10236 Ewok Village except the folded down flap but I think it's got one of the best Luke faces we've seen in many years. Much better than the recent Lukes with lines all over his face and better than the Ewok Village/Rancor Pit/Desert Skiff Jedi Lukes.

*snip*

I'm just glad they didn't go with that Luke head that made him look like handsome Squidward that was introduced in the sandcrawler and has been used since then, up until now. Edited by Lobot
Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

That face for luke is 1000x better without the lines. Lego is learning.

For one - I absolutely agree that Luke's face is tonnes better. Well done Lego on that front. But not sure I can justify the whole set when I already have the Death Star and plenty of guards (though I do want a new DV).

Re the Shuttle, it makes me sad, but I will have to leave this too - as I am very lucky to have the UCS and I just don't feel they can sit in the same room together. That said, I would need to get Han and Leia if possible.

And then the Assault Carrier. I do like it. I want to build it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the astromech (that really is some figure and I have been collecting all the Astro's), but like others - what a price to pay for Kallus' hair and Sabine's helmet. The other 3 figs could have been so much more (including Tarkin - we surely would not have known it was him from the prelim and no name images). This set will def get to 30% off soon enough. That will have to be my time.

No need for the other sets, so in conclusion, there is every chance that I will then HAVE to get all of the Ep7 sets - so good a time as any to save I guess.

I like that they put the hook on Luke's belt! The flap-up is great for the duel, since the flap-down was only after being zapped by lightning... fewer lines is better.

I see the points about the minifigs in the AC set... I like the assortment independent of the other sets, I suppose, since I'm not likely to get the AT-DP (I want the drivers and Kallus' helmet, but if I wait awhile maybe they'll update the former to mostly light gray instead of white...maybe). But, yeah, Sabine should've had her helmet from the start, and they could've done a bit better on her figure & face, too (on the plus side, another nice female fleshie face for fig-barfs!). More officers, generic or not, is always nice... but it could've been better. A lot better. Maybe I'll pass on that after all... :sceptic: but not the Tydirium or Final Duel! :excited:

Much like last year's Star Destroyer, they made a pretty decent mid-scale ship with some mediocre minifigures, and practically nothing on the inside.

I feel the same. We have been talking a lot about the minifigs, or what other vehicles could have been a better set, but there is another problem.

I personally dislike capital ships in Lego-form. Even if the outer model is done well, they transform to playsets when opened up - and due to the limits imposed by the model the space and playfeatured are very much inferior when compared to real playsets (like Palpatine's Arrest or Final Duel). Starfighters, gunships, and most walkers work much better because they harmonize with the minifigs, whereas capital ships don't. You can put a pilot mimifig on a fighter and it usually looks good; if you put a crewmen on the ISD it looks surreal. The Assault Carrier suffers from that problem even more.

I want the drivers and Kallus' helmet, but if I wait awhile maybe they'll update the former to mostly light gray instead of white...maybe

I am not sure if that is going to happen. The official colour code used by the show said they are plain white (just like they said Kallus's uniform is black), and Lego slavishly adhered to the colour codes.

Of course that was before the show aired and maybe Lego designers will go by what we see (subjectively), rather than what the codes say.

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-rebels-costume-color-guide-for-imperials

I am not sure if that is going to happen. The official colour code used by the show said they are plain white (just like they said Kallus's uniform is black), and Lego slavishly adhered to the colour codes.

Of course that was before the show aired and maybe Lego designers will go by what we see (subjectively), rather than what the codes say.

http://www.starwars....e-for-imperials

They may have called Kallus' uniform "black", but the color code for the AT-DP Driver-type Imp is definitely not "white"... Pantone 427 is light grey, so Lego's light bley would've been perfect for it, with dark bley for the chest armor & hands (but not the helmet/mask). The tank transport pilot, the darker version of the AT-DP Driver, would ideally have dark bley helmet, head, armor print, and hands with a black uniform, or an even darker grey (akin to pearl dark grey, I suppose)

Edited by Venkefedo

In that case, chances are naturally better for a remake (although I am left to wonder why Lego chose white in the first place...).

The lack of a tank transport pilot is sad; he could have been in the Stormtrooper BP. Three Stormtroopers and one pilot would have been nice. This is yet another reason why I am unhappy that the Gozanti is the only Rebel's set in this wave. So many opportunities wasted.

That face for luke is 1000x better without the lines. Lego is learning.

You and afolaus are absolutely right. It's a great Luke figure, and his face is a much-needed return to the line-free look. The smiley-face one without the lines was good for the ANH incarnations, but looked a bit goofy as a Jedi in the Ewok village. This one is great for RotJ. I think it's one of the three best Luke's they've made, the others being in the 2011 Falcon and in the pilot gear in the 2013 Battle of Hoth.

I'll be very interested to see how the Final Duel looks in real life. I know the tan heads are more movie accurate for Vader and the Emperor, but I really like the most recent grey versions. I think they have become so synonymous with their Lego characters that I find it hard to get used to the colour change. Particularly in Vader's case I also prefer the more stylised and cartoony face printing of the grey head over the "face only his mother could love" tan one.

You and afolaus are absolutely right. It's a great Luke figure, and his face is a much-needed return to the line-free look. The smiley-face one without the lines was good for the ANH incarnations, but looked a bit goofy as a Jedi in the Ewok village. This one is great for RotJ. I think it's one of the three best Luke's they've made, the others being in the 2011 Falcon and in the pilot gear in the 2013 Battle of Hoth.

I'll be very interested to see how the Final Duel looks in real life. I know the tan heads are more movie accurate for Vader and the Emperor, but I really like the most recent grey versions. I think they have become so synonymous with their Lego characters that I find it hard to get used to the colour change. Particularly in Vader's case I also prefer the more stylised and cartoony face printing of the grey head over the "face only his mother could love" tan one.

Well, they way I see it, you can always just swap out the heads so they look they way you want them too. For example, I'm planning on replacing that Vader Helmet with a more clasic one, once I get that set myself.

Hey guys, in your opinion, what would be the better buy: an atat, or the thdirium? Personally im gearing more towards the tydiruim, but also really would like the atat. Thanks!

Hey guys, in your opinion, what would be the better buy: an atat, or the thdirium? Personally im gearing more towards the tydiruim, but also really would like the atat. Thanks!

AT-AT is 1 year old and should retire first. So you should get the AT-AT if you plan on getting both but not at the same time.

If I had only one to pick, I would go with the shuttle since it can be use as a rebel or an imperial troop transport.

Hi guys

it seems since Brickdoctor surrendered keeping this topic clean we have lost the aim of this topic.

- Please, dont ask what sets to buy here

- Dont tell us your wishes, regarding new sets

- Please do come up with new rumors about Star Wars sets or comment them.

I am reading this topic on a daily basis and the last rumor that vame up here is weeks old?

Dino

I feel the same. We have been talking a lot about the minifigs, or what other vehicles could have been a better set, but there is another problem.

I personally dislike capital ships in Lego-form. Even if the outer model is done well, they transform to playsets when opened up - and due to the limits imposed by the model the space and playfeatured are very much inferior when compared to real playsets (like Palpatine's Arrest or Final Duel). Starfighters, gunships, and most walkers work much better because they harmonize with the minifigs, whereas capital ships don't. You can put a pilot mimifig on a fighter and it usually looks good; if you put a crewmen on the ISD it looks surreal. The Assault Carrier suffers from that problem

I agree with you in general with Lego capital ships, and the mini ties combined with the mini figs is bizarre. However, if you remove the ties, I quite like the set as a freighter more in scale with the millenium falcon. This only really works for me because the assault carrier isn't as iconic of a design as the star destroyer, so it is easier to repurpose it in my mind.

The sticker shows a Rebel emblem on the display, but the text just reads 'Endor' (in Aurebesh, and at an odd angle, so I could be wrong there, but I'm pretty sure), and it would make total sense for an Imperial tactical display to use emblem that to designate enemy units. I don't think there's anything there to keep it from being an Imperial-operated shuttle. :classic:

Ah, good call :)

I totally see the Assault Carrier as a total clearance bait.

Fine by me. I think it'd make a GREAT parts pack for SW MOCs.

But I like the ship just fine, so I'd get more than one to part one out.

I agree with you in general with Lego capital ships, and the mini ties combined with the mini figs is bizarre. However, if you remove the ties, I quite like the set as a freighter more in scale with the millenium falcon. This only really works for me because the assault carrier isn't as iconic of a design as the star destroyer, so it is easier to repurpose it in my mind.

It's also FAR smaller than an ISD... So the scale isn't as far off as those are.

I noticed an interesting variation of the new Updated Character Encyclopedia at Barnes & Noble today. It didn't include the prototype Boba Fett minifigure. There wasn't even a place for it. So be careful of where you order your book from. Make sure you're getting the version that has the minifigure.

Definitely going to get the Tydirium, although it is kind of expensive here in the Netherlands (probably retails around €120, which is around $136). But the shuttle is one of my favorite ships and the size/details of the set are fantastic in my opinion.

However, I've got one really small remark when it comes to the minifigs. Look at the rebel with the blond beard (second from the right). Why did they make the shadow below his mustache this dark? It kind of looks like a strange shaped mouth now.

IMG_0482-e1424977450822.jpg